Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on D.J. Williams

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 16, 2007, 08:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

I just got off the phone with D.J. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: Have you been talking to D Nutt?

D.J.: Yes, he sounds pretty excited about me coming up. He pretty much tells be to be in shape and they will work me in the weight room. Hopefully I'll step on the field and play a little. 

TRG: What are you doing to get ready?

D.J.: I've been working out at school. My reps are going up. I feel like I'm getting faster.

TRG: Have you timed yourself in the 40 lately?

D.J.: I ran a couple of 4.53's about two or three weeks ago. I ran a 4.62 at the Ole Miss camp. I was weighing 248 at the time. I'm weighing 239 to 240 right now.

TRG: What are the coaches wanting you to weigh?

D.J.: They want me at 245 or 248.

TRG: What's your expections for the fall?

D.J.: I'll bust my butt because I want to play. I don't care if it's just blocking for D-Mac if that's what it takes.

D.J. graduates from CAC on Sunday and leaves for Fayetteville that night. He and Grant Cook will be roommates on the Hill. I look for D.J. to be on the field in the fall because of his size and speed.

I'll make a prediction and say D.J. will be one of the more popular Razorbacks before he leaves Fayetteville. He's such a solid and likeable guy.

D.J. will be on Press Row at 8:20 Thursday morning.

Realist

hah basically saying I'll block for D-Mac and love every minute of it.  Like the kid

IcEwalker

in david lee's offense, he could be utiliezed mightily along with ben cleveland.

do they expect DJ to be a TE or H-Back?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 16, 2007, 09:17:43 pm
in david lee's offense, he could be utiliezed mightily along with ben cleveland.

Probably both.

bphi11ips

The big money for D.J. Williams is at defensive tackle.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Realist on May 16, 2007, 08:56:39 pm
hah basically saying I'll block for D-Mac and love every minute of it.  Like the kid
I love that attitude.  Do what it takes to help the team win.  I'm lovin' the kid already.

razorbass

Sound like a great kid willing to do anything he has too :razorback:

imhogwild2

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 16, 2007, 09:50:26 pm
Quote from: IcEwalker on May 16, 2007, 09:17:43 pm

Probably both.
D.J told me he would play H-Back but he might play TE to.
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

BigTyme

Quote from: bphi11ips on May 16, 2007, 10:12:51 pm

Agreed.  If they could bulk him up to around 280-290, he'll be a nightmare pass-rusher.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 16, 2007, 08:28:34 pm
I just got off the phone with D.J. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: Have you been talking to D Nutt?

D.J.: Yes, he sounds pretty excited about me coming up. He pretty much tells be to be in shape and they will work me in the weight room. Hopefully I'll step on the field and play a little. 

TRG: What are you doing to get ready?

D.J.: I've been working out at school. My reps are going up. I feel like I'm getting faster.

TRG: Have you timed yourself in the 40 lately?

D.J.: I ran a couple of 4.53's about two or three weeks ago. I ran a 4.62 at the Ole Miss camp. I was weighing 248 at the time. I'm weighing 239 to 240 right now.

TRG: What are the coaches wanting you to weigh?

D.J.: They want me at 245 or 248.

TRG: What's your expections for the fall?

D.J.: I'll bust my butt because I want to play. I don't care if it's just blocking for D-Mac if that's what it takes.

D.J. graduates from CAC on Sunday and leaves for Fayetteville that night. He and Grant Cook will be roommates on the Hill. I look for D.J. to be on the field in the fall because of his size and speed.

I'll make a prediction and say D.J. will be one of the more popular Razorbacks before he leaves Fayetteville. He's such a solid and likeable guy.

D.J. will be on Press Row at 8:20 Thursday morning.

D.J. it great to have you on board. Keep working on getting Joe up to Arkansas also.

jpenrod1

Quote from: BigTyme on May 16, 2007, 11:54:31 pm
Quote from: bphi11ips on May 16, 2007, 10:12:51 pm

Agreed.  If they could bulk him up to around 280-290, he'll be a nightmare pass-rusher.

If he got that big on muscle yes, but i  think he would be better at end. I would not be surprised if he plays at the next level as a TE or even FB. he has good speed for his size and unbelievable hands.

razorrog1

Sounds like he has a great attitude.

arkybuc

Sounds like a great guy. Glad to have him!

jhudson84

DJ was seated right next to HDN a couple of weeks ago at a LR AAU tournament for girls. 

351hog

Great to have you aboard D.J.!!!!   Do what you can to get Joe Adams to follow you.