Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 18, 2024, 09:17:50 pm

Why does everyone......

Started by #1 Hog, May 16, 2007, 07:57:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 Hog

...on here think that when Mike Irwin speaks that it is gospel ??  (see below for an example)
If you listen to press row regularly, it is easy to see that he spins stories and stirs up as much chaos as possible.  He has his own agendas and opinions.  Have the marbles to form your own opinions and stop letting him lead you around on a leash!  Go Hogs  :razorback:

Re: Mike Why is Mitch and Gus no longer close?
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 02:06:10 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: GrumpyHog on May 12, 2007, 12:20:21 PM
Quote from: lymanhawg on May 12, 2007, 11:56:48 AM
Just Gus leaving doesn't seem to add up.

who siad they are not close? From what I understand nothing has chged in their releationship.

Mike Irwin did in another post.  Please pay attention!

PulledPork

Quote from: #1 Hog on May 16, 2007, 07:57:35 pm
...on here think that when Mike Irwin speaks that it is gospel ??  (see below for an example)
If you listen to press row regularly, it is easy to see that he spins stories and stirs up as much chaos as possible.  He has his own agendas and opinions.  Have the marbles to form your own opinions and stop letting him lead you around on a leash!  Go Hogs  :razorback:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who siad they are not close? From what I understand nothing has chged in their releationship.

huh?

Pulled out...

Dwight_K_Shrute

Good to see you Chuck.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HoopS

Wasn't Chuck.   He even dropped a hint.... "marbles"

KY Hog Man

She same reason ducklings follow their mother in a straight row.  That's all they know to do.     

RBLtoHOG

Cause Mike knows what he is talking about. He has a media job that ISN'T paid for by the University so he has good sources and ISN'T censored.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

bigguy551122

you might set a record for getting smitted the most in one night .
perfection is all i expect.

JEM

who said they are not close? From what I understand nothing has chged in their releationship.

So you are saying that Gus and Mitch are still close, if I deciphered your post correctly    :razorback:

Doug

Let's think about this realistically, before I throw this damn thread into the trash...

I'll back up what Mike Irwin said:  Gus and Mitch are no longer close.

Gus is in Tulsa.
Mitch is in Southern California.
There's at least 1800 miles between 'em.

They are not close.  Geographically.

Next?
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

mikeirwin

How is everything going over there on Clay's board ?
You guys still haven't gotten me fired yet with your email campaign.
But I know you'll keep trying.  ;D

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 16, 2007, 08:51:37 pm

Mike.. most of us Hogville vets believe what you say. Don't let the few uneducated bother you.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Brand X Hog Fan

I don't agree with everything Mike says.

I don't agree with everything Lericos says.

I don't agree with everything McCastlain says, or Houston, or Rusty Jackson. Hell, sometimes I don't even believe what I've typed!

But these guys make their livings knowing what is up with the Hogs and deciphering the facts from the BS. I tend to give more credence to what they are saying than, say . . . oh . . . a newbie with one or two posts under his belt.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

FayettenamVeteran

The email campaign to get you fired is hilarious.  They've tried to no avail.  

Maybe Clay can get a job working for B'sWax sweeping floors when Stephens Media pulls HI's plug or puts a better qualified businessman in his role.  HI can't be profitable with the subscribers they are losing in both print and internet.  Those that are paying the bill will quit soon enough because of that.  Speaking of B'sWax, I'm surprised he'd take part in an email campaign to get you axed.

pigture perfect

Doesn't Houston call himself the #1 Hog?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Douglas on May 16, 2007, 08:50:52 pm
Let's think about this realistically, before I throw this damn thread into the trash...

I'll back up what Mike Irwin said:  Gus and Mitch are no longer close.

Gus is in Tulsa.
Mitch is in Southern California.
There's at least 1800 miles between 'em.

They are not close.  Geographically.

Next?

Don't trash it Douglas.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if erroneous and misguided.  

For the record, I don't agree with everything Irwin posts that's opinion.  But I respect his opinion because it's HIS opinion and not the opinion he's been told to have.  IE: the numerous shills for the program

I think Irwin is spot on day in and day out factually.  Again, something that some of those who don't like him and compete with him aren't.  

razorbass

Quote from: KY Hog Man on May 16, 2007, 08:28:17 pm

She same reason ducklings follow their mother in a straight row.  That's all they know to do.     

Did you know why one line is always longer?                                                                                                                            There's more ducks in that row

Hugulus Hog

If they filed a lawsuit against you over your cell phone practices though...   ;)

bigbrutha

I don't know how much I agree with him, but you've got to give him some credit.  He's used Hogville as a heck of a marketing tool for channel 5.

bigbrutha

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on May 16, 2007, 09:19:05 pm

If they filed a lawsuit against you over your cell phone practices though...   ;)

I stay out of the private eye thing concerning Razorback athletics, but I wish you'd explain.

mword

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on May 16, 2007, 08:30:11 pm
Cause Mike knows what he is talking about. He has a media job that ISN'T paid for by the University so he has good sources and ISN'T censored.

What he just said

missionaryhog

Quote from: JEM on May 16, 2007, 08:42:18 pm

who said they are not close? From what I understand nothing has chged in their releationship.

So you are saying that Gus and Mitch are still close, if I deciphered your post correctly    :razorback:

I like Mike and always respect his opinion, and almost always believes what he says.  I have no reason not to.  But you have missed the point of what the original post was saying.  He is not saying anything about whether or not Gus and Mitch are close, he is illustrating his statement about people believing something just because Mike Irwin says it.
"...how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" 

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Hogs-n-Roses

I don't necessarily like every take Mike has on things as I'd like some more in depth investigation into some areas. I also understand why this don't happen. It is great to know that there are several posters on here like him that can show some non biased input into some situations where we are all so emotionally charged about a situation that we lose perspective. See at those times I want him to jump on my bandwagon and ride the wave. So far he refuses to do that, which is right, but at those times I don't like what he's doing. In other words, he's a little to reasonable at times.

dudemanhog

Quote from: bigbrutha on May 16, 2007, 09:21:47 pm
I don't know how much I agree with him, but you've got to give him some credit.  He's used Hogville as a heck of a marketing tool for channel 5.

Had the opposite effect on me.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: dudemanhog on May 16, 2007, 09:35:35 pm
I don't know how much I agree with him, but you've got to give him some credit.  He's used Hogville as a heck of a marketing tool for channel 5.

For some Stephens Media employees, I'm sure it would.  ;)

HITCHER

At least with Mike Irwin, you do get some facts that other journalist are "scared" to discuss. Hell, for some reason, our local journalist fear Houston will get mad at them. Who gives a rats ass. Mike, hire me and I can promise, I won't be scared to ask Houston the tough question.

JEM

May 16, 2007, 10:03:48 pm #25 Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:32:39 pm by JEM
Quote from: missionaryhog on May 16, 2007, 09:28:49 pm
Quote from: JEM on May 16, 2007, 08:42:18 pm

I like Mike and always respect his opinion, and almost always believes what he says.  I have no reason not to.  But you have missed the point of what the original post was saying.  He is not saying anything about whether or not Gus and Mitch are close, he is illustrating his statement about people believing something just because Mike Irwin says it.

JEM < missionaryhog < JEM < #1 Hog     C++ rules   

The substance of his attack against Mike and every member of this board was in context of Mike saying that Gus and Mitch was no longer close, therefore were is his evidence that Mike was lying to the members of this board.

ArkieBrat

I also like Mike and I also respect him as a journalist.  I am certainly able to form my own opinion, as most everyone else on this board.  There have been times that I have had a few reservations on something MI reported but guess what...at the end of the day the story was proven to be true.  The notion that we are a herd of mindless sheep is laughable.  Sports news is just like local and national news; it needs to be reported whether the story is good or bad. 

I must not be too gullible as I was able to see thru HDN's BS early on, beginning with the CS years. 
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

Dugann

mike is the the main and if not the only media person that I know of that steps out there.  That I believe, that I trust.  Why? he been more right then others and even though I think he can not say all he wishes he could at time....that just IMO the is more of the media person we need in this state.  More of the type of person that speaks his feelings as well.....a good mix of both.  Mike is the man.  Only sport reporter tv/newspaper/radio that I believe .........for me that enough.  His emotions says it all to me.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

dudemanhog

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on May 16, 2007, 09:38:53 pm

For some Stephens Media employees, I'm sure it would.  ;)

And why would my place of employment matter?

DEVICEHIGH

haha

Why do guys from other boards get so mad that Mike is a trusted member of Hogville?

Why do they come here to complain about it?
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Richard_white

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on May 16, 2007, 11:02:10 pm
haha

Why do guys from other boards get so mad that Mike is a trusted member of Hogville?

Why do they come here to complain about it?

Because they are told that if they come over here and make trouble they will get a free pink toaster with Dale's signature. 

yraciv

I've got a couple questions on karma!  Does anyone know how this guy has more applauds then smites considering his two post, one which bashes a respected media guy?  How did markinmemphis aka "hoginmemphis" end up with so many more applauds then smites?  I don't have any problem with the guy, but I sware he used to have double the smites, which I always blamed on him praising the longhorns.  If anyone can answer these please help me, maybe another account to applaud himself.

JEM

May 16, 2007, 11:40:06 pm #32 Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:42:05 pm by JEM
Quote from: yraciv on May 16, 2007, 11:32:02 pm
I've got a couple questions on karma!  Does anyone know how this guy has more applauds then smites considering his two post, one which bashes a respected media guy?  How did markinmemphis aka "hoginmemphis" end up with so many more applauds then smites?  I don't have any problem with the guy, but I sware he used to have double the smites, which I always blamed on him praising the longhorns.  If anyone can answer these please help me, maybe another account to applaud himself.
Quote from: yraciv on May 16, 2007, 11:32:02 pm

Thanks for post I need to go smite those two guys one for being a longhorn fan and the other for being an **** whatever    :)

mikeirwin

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on May 16, 2007, 09:07:22 pm

The email campaign to get you fired is hilarious.  They've tried to no avail.  

Maybe Clay can get a job working for B'sWax sweeping floors when Stephens Media pulls HI's plug or puts a better qualified businessman in his role.  HI can't be profitable with the subscribers they are losing in both print and internet.  Those that are paying the bill will quit soon enough because of that.  Speaking of B'sWax, I'm surprised he'd take part in an email campaign to get you axed.

Dudley says he and Clay had nothing to do with that. I trust Dudley.
It was a group of guys on that board who apparently can't deal with a little thing in the constitution called freedom of speech.
Believe it or not a couple of people on that board PM'd me to apologize. They also sent me a list of names of those who they say organized the "get me" campaign.
I deleted the list.
Unlike them, I believe in freedom of speech. If they want to try to run me out of here they are welcome to try. I've got a good boss who stands by my work.

bigbrutha

Then Mike succeeded because he had an EFFECT regardless of what the effect was.  His opinions more often favor the majority of posters rather than the minority in turn gaining some viewers, in turn gaining ratings.  Mike, +1 for your business savvy.  Just curious if the ratings have gone up with the explosion of Hogville?

DeltaBoy

Mike trys to tell the Truth and when he is wrong he says so . While I have not always agreed with him I respect and trust Mike Irwin more than anybody else in Arkansas Media.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Nashville Fan

Does anyone seriously not remember 5 years ago?
Pittman or Bust!

Mike_e

LOLOL   had me going there for a minute.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Tusks

WTH is this thread doing back on the board.....did someone die?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dwight_K_Shrute

I respect Mike I for giving an honest opinion.  But he is also a cranky old man with bad hair who is more in touch with the 1950's than the 2010's.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.