Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Louisiana LB Michael Mauti talks recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 16, 2007, 06:12:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 16, 2007, 06:12:35 pm Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 07:20:57 pm by Richard Davenport
Michael Mauti is a 6'2 220 pound LB with 4.6 speed from Mandeville HS, Mandeville LA. I talked to Michael about 30 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: How many offers do you have?

Michael: I have 11. Yesterday I got two more. Louisiana- Monroe offered and the head coach from Louisville was here and offered.

TRG: Who offered first and when did Arkansas offer?

Michael: Oklahoma offered first. Arkansas offered three weeks ago.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Michael: The only contact I get is from Coach Herring. He texts me once every couple of days.

TRG: Have you made any visits?

Michael: I've been to LSU for Jr day and I watched spring practice. They're about an hour away. About three weeks ago I visited Oklahoma.

TRG: What visits do you have planned for this summer?

Michael: I plan to visit Penn St., I visited Penn St last summer. I'm visiting Florida June 2nd.

TRG: What's the connection to Penn St?

Michael: My dad played there and my brother is a walk-on up there.

TRG: What's your bench and squat?

Michael: I bench 340 and squat 420. My clean is 385 but 405 is right around the corner. I've missed that twice.

TRG: Why the interest in Arkansas?

Michael: It's a place that plays aggressive and that's the way I'm use to playing. Coach Herring has coached in the NFL and he would push me to use my potential.

TRG: Who's recruiting you the hardest?

Michael: Florida hands down. Everyday I get a text from someone in the football program everyday. I've been talking  to the offensive line Coach Hevesy. Coach Meyers has been texting me and I've talked to him twice this week. He even texts my parents.

TRG: How how does Coach Meyers text you in a 5 day week?

Michael: At least 5 texts.

TRG: Any other head coach text you?

Michael: The Oregon coach texts me every now and then. He writes a hand written letter sometimes.

TRG: Do you have a top 5?

Michael: Right now I would say Oklahoma, Florida, Penn St., Oregon, Arkansas. No particular order.

TRG: When do plan to make an decision?

Michael: Right now I say before August but it's getting harder and harder.

Michael's father, Rich played 7 years for the New Orleans Saints and one year for the Washington Redskins.

Michael said he plans to workout this summer and isn't sure if he'll take any more visits this summer or not. LSU appears to be a non-factor.

southern hawg

Sounds like Penn St. (Linebacker U.) is going to be the team to beat.

Hogstocking

May 16, 2007, 06:22:41 pm #2 Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:25:55 pm by Hogstocking
Kids got a motor and plays with a lot of tenacity.  I am loving our LB recruits this year. 

http://arkansas.rivals.com/video.asp?pkey=62071&section=fbrecruit&vidtype=prospect&vidid=93153

HOGINTENNESSEE

Herring will do wonders for you Michael. Come to Arkansas!!!

cubbie

I try not to be negative, but the text bann should help out Arkansas recruiting.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

HamShank

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: HamShank on May 16, 2007, 10:44:01 pm
Herring actually recruits now?

I believe this is the first time I've seen Herring being involved. I could be wrong.

razorbass

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 16, 2007, 10:45:36 pm

I believe this is the first time I've seen Herring being involved. I could be wrong.
It's the first time i have heard his name mentioned about recruiting.

cdohogfan

Oklahoma, Florida, and Penn State... ouch.. he'll be a tough one to land.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: cubbie on May 16, 2007, 09:57:39 pm
I try not to be negative, but the text bann should help out Arkansas recruiting.

agreed.

VenturaHog

way to go herring, hopefully this is gonna be a trend.

Tomhog™

Making his top 5 is certainly an improvement.  The company that Arkansas sits with those four is rarified air.  Creme de la creme of the NCAA.  Good to see we are finally starting to hold our own.  Now, can we just land a few of them?

This is the first I've heard Herring's name in recruiting, too...

Swino

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 16, 2007, 10:45:36 pm

It is the first time I have heard his name.  BTW, thanks Richard for all of your hard work. 

Again, our coaching staff if being out hustled in recruiting. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: southern hawg on May 16, 2007, 06:21:27 pm
Sounds like Penn St. (Linebacker U.) is going to be the team to beat.

Yeah, or Florida, but it's nice to be in his top five. Doesn't sound like he's ruled us out though.

WPS!
Go away, batin'

gibby

Quote from: cdohogfan on May 16, 2007, 11:16:36 pm

No chance.

jhudson84

Quote from: gibby on May 17, 2007, 01:02:36 pm
Quote from: cdohogfan on May 16, 2007, 11:16:36 pm

No chance.

Keep up that attitude Houston!

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

The Recruiting Guy

VenturaHog

Any update on him? say anything noteworthy on press row?

Joe

You could not be more correct. When this goes into effect it will make it easier for Arkansas. Maybe we are just ahead of the curve when it comes to recruiting.  :D :D :D
     I am not a professional and do not try to come across as one, but our efforts and tactice appear on the surface to be very inadequate when it come to recruiting prospects. The attitude that I see is one of:  if they are not interested in us, we are not interested in them. Poor, poor attitude in my opinion. This would be only a small reason for our lack of success in the recruiting game.
Quote from: cubbie on May 16, 2007, 09:57:39 pm
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback: