Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My desire: To see the UA and UK programs fighting it out like the 94-98 era.

Started by BleedsBlue, May 16, 2007, 03:03:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BleedsBlue

With the 07 recruiting classes finally in place I can visualize both schools heading back to the days of Nolan and Ricky P.  Just think about this...from 1994-1998 there was a very good chance that UA and UK should have won 5 straight NT.
Add in UA's dislike of our new coach and our love we have for your coach in Pelphrey you have the receipe for some great games in the future.  Let's hope that the games will mean something like for the SEC title and tournament championships.

Phatasshog

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 16, 2007, 03:03:28 pm
With the 07 recruiting classes finally in place I can visualize both schools heading back to the days of Nolan and Ricky P.  Just think about this...from 1994-1998 there was a very good chance that UA and UK should have won 5 straight NT.
Add in UA's dislike of our new coach and our love we have for your coach in Pelphrey you have the receipe for some great games in the future.  Let's hope that the games will mean something like for the SEC title and tournament championships.

I could not agree more.  Let the fight for the Championship commence.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Phatasshog on May 16, 2007, 03:55:48 pm
Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 16, 2007, 03:03:28 pm

I could not agree more.  Let the fight for the Championship commence.

I can't wait.........

catfanNar

Jhudson I was at that game back in 2001, but it was also the last time the hogs beat the cats

jhudson84

THATS why yall should like it so much, because it reminds you of how long its been.

tophawg19

bring it on. in a few years we may have something for you . if ya'll don't steal our coach ;)
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

catfanNar

You think Pel he would crawl on his hands and knees to Kentucky? I think we are set for many years to come with Billy G as you are with Coach Pel!

BleedsBlue

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 16, 2007, 04:28:24 pm
bring it on. in a few years we may have something for you . if ya'll don't steal our coach ;)
That is a possibility just because of who JP is and where he is from and what he did in a UK uniform.  However, Billy C will be at UK for awhile.  But, let's don't think about that right now, let's start thinking about UA winning the SEC W and UK the SEC E and meeting in the championship game and both get #1 seeds in the NCAA's.   ;D

tophawg19

i'm ready but first ya'll gotta do something about that little school called florida  ;). sounds like you might be headed in that direction though .

jhudson84

and we gotta do something about that little thing called road games.

tophawg19

BleedsBlue

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 16, 2007, 04:53:49 pm
and we gotta do something about that little thing called road games.

Pel will have you ready for the road games.  You will be pleasantly surprised.

jhudson84

I dont know Stan must have liked the room service or something I have never seen a  team that you could just expect to lose when your not playing at home.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 17, 2007, 09:49:57 am
I dont know Stan must have liked the room service or something I have never seen a  team that you could just expect to lose when your not playing at home.
That had to be a tough ride through all of those road losses through the years.  I don't think Heath had the mental toughness as a coach and thus could not project that to his players.  Heath, IMO, was not a SEC caliber coach.  One promise I can give you is mental toughness is ingrained with Pelphrey.  I saw him play for 4 years at UK and he gave 110% for all 40 minutes each and every game.  He will project that attitude onto his players.  You will see a major difference especially on the road.  I am excited for you.  ;)