Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The latest on Jermaine Love

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 16, 2007, 02:57:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 16, 2007, 02:57:26 am Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:28:34 pm by Richard Davenport
I talked to Jermaine late Tuesday night. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: When are you reporting to Fayetteville?

Jermaine: Coach Shibest told me July 1st or earlier.

TRG: What are you doing to get ready for the fall?

Jermaine: I'm ready to go. I've been working out with my cousin DeAndre Jackson. He played at Iowa State last year and will be playing for the Giants. I'm weighing 226 and ran a 4.46 recently.

TRG: Have you seen any improvement in your lifts?

Jermaine: I'm benching 435 right now. I was benching 385 the beginning of my Senior year and I'm squatting 585.

TRG: What other things are you doing in your workouts?

Jermaine: I work on the cone drills to help my foot work. We work a lot on that and we do the squat for explosion.   

TRG: Have you received the playbook?

Jermaine: I got it about two months ago. I've been looking at it. It's the same exact defense we played in high school.

TRG: What do you and Coach Shibest talk about?

Jermaine: He's telling me they want be in shape to play. I talked to Coach Nutt about two weeks ago. We talked about my family and how hyped he was about me coming up.

It was late so I stopped the interview there but forgot to ask Jermaine one last question. Instead of calling, I texted Jermaine and ask if there was anything he wanted to tell the Arkansas fans. He texted back the following:

"I am excited about playing at Arkansas and with yall's support and making me feel comfortable. I will feel more at home and ready to smash heads".

You gotta like that.

I'll be surprised if Jermaine doesn't contribute this fall. He has all the right numbers you want in a LB.

Jermaine told me he's fully qualified and ready to go. We plan to have Jermaine on Press Row soon.

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

Hog are ya

Nice report.  Gives me the fuzzys like an article I read early in Sammy O's career that told me he would be a special Lbacker for the hogs.  I think this young man may do the same and then some!  I don't care who the coach is I want my fkn hogs to do the shi####$!     Bring it on Jermaine.  We'll treat you good......

staffhog

I'm with you, TRG, I think he will be someone we all enjoy watching.  Thanks.

501Ben

Sounds like to me he will qualify. That is great news.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 16, 2007, 02:57:26 am

".... I will feel more at home and ready to smash heads"

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read...
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

wholehog92

With words like that, he is a young man after my hardened cynical heart.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

ConwayHog

Sounds good to me.  I hope he smashes some heads soon. 

TX HOG

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on May 16, 2007, 08:07:07 am
Sounds good to me.  I hope he smashes some heads soon. 

I think he will, sounds like he'll have a great shot at good playing time as a freshman.

Tomhog™

Benches 435?  Sweet!  He should play as a true freshman early.  He's always been an academic risk, but it sounds like everything is in order at this point.

Conway Cool Daddy

Jermaine: I got it about two months ago. I've been looking at it. It's the same exact defense we played in high school.

That is freaking priceless.............Reggie "Highschool" Herring.

D'oh!

hog37

Hawgballz

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 16, 2007, 08:45:44 am
Has he passed his ACT ?
Quote from: hog37 on May 16, 2007, 08:57:32 am
not yet!

Jermaine told me he's fully qualified and ready to go.

According to Jermaine he has.  He and Tejada will make the biggest true freshman splashes.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Since 1894

One of your best posts yet!!!!

Time to get "READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL"

Be Good
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

southern hawg

With Love and Dial coming in, this LB corp is going to be special AND FAST for years to come.

U.P. HOGG

Good for him. I like that 4.46 time too.  Go Hogs!!

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Yindao on May 16, 2007, 07:32:10 am

I know everyone is excited about Jermaine Love, but I have a feeling that he is one of those players who is borderline crazy, who might be hard to control. 

VenturaHog

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on May 16, 2007, 11:13:21 am

I know everyone is excited about Jermaine Love, but I have a feeling that he is one of those players who is borderline crazy, who might be hard to control. 

Why do you have that feeling? I've heard nothing of the sort but sitll, Lawrence taylor was certifiable and it seemed to work out for him.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 16, 2007, 08:45:44 am
Has he passed his ACT ?

Yes. I've seen a few saying he may have trouble qualifying but Jermaine told me he was qualified a long time ago.

The Recruiting Guy

I've never sense that. Jermaine is just someone that loves to knock heads.

Nothing wrong with that.

little pigee

Maybe like Dick Butkus?  Heaven forbid. 
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

jhudson84

ITS GOOD to have crazy linebackers.....ever seen "The Replacements"

Beaverfever

Quote from: Tomcat on May 16, 2007, 08:23:42 am
Benches 435?  Sweet!  He should play as a true freshman early.  He's always been an academic risk, but it sounds like everything is in order at this point.
At a certain point he's probably going to need to just stay where he's at as far as weight lifting and concentrate on football.  I don't think he's gonna hold down a "4.46" benching 450+...that would just be freakish.

gibby

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on May 16, 2007, 08:28:46 am

D'oh!

Who you calling "high school"?  ???

lol

southern hawg

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 16, 2007, 12:29:33 pm
ITS GOOD to have crazy linebackers.....ever seen "The Replacements"
The Waterboy

I_Am_Me

Quote from: Beaverfever on May 16, 2007, 02:38:01 pm
At a certain point he's probably going to need to just stay where he's at as far as weight lifting and concentrate on football.  I don't think he's gonna hold down a "4.46" benching 450+...that would just be freakish.

lol..how about a 4.32 benching that much then??..as a corner?  Chris Houston is a freak

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: The crazier the better!!! We need some psychos on our team that are out there to mash no matter what!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on May 16, 2007, 08:28:46 am

D'oh!
I knew someone was gonna say that. (It could be a really good high school defense) In the Army we have a acronym for it. K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid. Not such a bad philosophy. When was the last time you saw an American unit defeated in a fire fight. Or for that matter when was the last time you saw Herrings defense play like a highschool teams. This kid is gonna put someone from Troy on a stretcher and I predict they will pull out of all future SEC matchups. Gimme some LOVE!!!!!
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Beaverfever

Quote from: I_Am_Me on May 16, 2007, 04:03:53 pm
Quote from: Beaverfever on May 16, 2007, 02:38:01 pm

lol..how about a 4.32 benching that much then??..as a corner?  Chris Houston is a freak
Haha didn't think about that one...Very True... The odd thing is he doesn't even look that big, unlike Love.

Landonhog

That gave me goosebumps...  Sounds like a bigger faster BUTU! 

WPS!