Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Britt talks about becoming a Razorback

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 15, 2007, 02:07:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 15, 2007, 02:07:55 pm Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:09:42 pm by Richard Davenport
Marcus is 6'3 180 combo guard from Forest City that averaged 18 points this past season. I talked to Marcus shortly after he signed to be a Razorback. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: When did you decide to be a Razorback?

Marcus: It was last week. I just didn't want to tell anyone.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

Marcus: They offered two or three weeks ago but they needed to know my test scores.

TRG: What do you do best?

Marcus: Pushing the ball and seeing the floor and making good decisions.

TRG: Which do you prefer, the one or the two?

Marcus: The one.

TRG: What do you need to work on?

Marcus: Off the ball defense and pulling up and hitting the jumper in transition..

TRG: What has Coach Pelphrey told you about their expectations?

Marcus: They want me to come up and play my role and do my job of handling the ball.

TRG: When do you plan to report to Fayetteville?

Marcus: June or July for summer school.

TRG: What impressed you the most about the new coaching staff?

Marcus: They first called and asked about my grades and test scores. They let me know they emphasized academics.

TRG: Did you ever play with or against Michael Sanchez?

Marcus: We played together and against one another in the 6th grade. They let me stay at their house when I was in Fayetteville back then.

Head Coach Dwight Lofton thinks Marcus will surprise people and fans will take an interest in Marcus because of his work ethic. Coach Lofton told Marcus from here on that he'll be a Razorback or a former Razorback and with that comes a big responsibility. He thinks extremely high of Marcus.

jhudson84

Great job Richard, he prefers the 1, thats the first step in being a great pg, accepting the leadership, embracing the leadership, and earning the respect of those around you.  Welcome aboard Marcus

football-writer

GAWD I'm excited about next cager season....GO HOGS!!!!!  Bring on Kentucky!!!  BRING ON FLORIDA!!!!  Whip em all, Hogs!
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

Conway Cool Daddy

I refuse to be overly optimistic!

Darn it, I can't help it, I'm giving in! Let's start the season now!
WOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig

Welcome aboard Marcus!
;D

Tomhog™

If we can get these guys to report early and get some serious conditioning in, Arkansas can be a very deep team this coming year.  It takes depth to run the up-tempo pace as well as conditioning.  Having one more scholarship player this year than last will help more than we can imagine. 

Good interview, TRG!

chip5

Any one know if Marcus have the game to be an Acie Law from Texas A&M ???

bd93

Quote from: chip5 on May 15, 2007, 02:38:22 pm

Marcus has game.  I have seen him play a few times.

He will make a good back-up PG next season and maybe see some serious minutes the time his Senior Season rolls around.

WPS!

jhudson84

Not many do but Acie was a three star coming out as well is Marcus, I believe, so we will see.  Marcus has Eric Ferguson type ability.

Hawgballz

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 15, 2007, 02:49:07 pm

Not many do but Acie was a three star coming out as well is Marcus, I believe, so we will see.  Marcus has Eric Ferguson type ability.

I believe a Acie Law type player is a little too high of an expectation for Britt (BTW Britt is a 2* recruit in both Rivals & Scout).  I like Britt a lot, but I do see him as a little bit of a fallback option as it was just too late in the year to get the TRUE PG recruit that we needed and the ones who were interested were not stud options by any means.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

dotnet

I know this is changing topics, but Acie Law XL wasn't as good as he was popular. 

No amazing player goes winless in a top heavy conference, especially when he is playing alongside a lottery pick. 

With that said, he is one of the most clutch players I have ever seen.

Mike Shelton

501Ben

Quote from: dotnet on May 15, 2007, 04:29:33 pm
I know this is changing topics, but Acie Law XL wasn't as good as he was popular. 

No amazing player goes winless in a top heavy conference, especially when he is playing alongside a lottery pick. 

With that said, he is one of the most clutch players I have ever seen.

except that layup against Memphis :D

rocksalt

It takes excitement, determination and dedication to start ASAP. All good qualities.

It appears that expectations are known up front. Good job by the coaching staff.

Welcome aboard Marcus - We'll be watching !
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans