Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just talked to Marcus Britt's coach

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 14, 2007, 05:24:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Dwight Lofton. Marcus will sign with Arkansas at 1:00 PM tommorrow.

We're working on having Marcus on Press Row tommorrow morning. I'll post the time once we get the details worked out.

VenturaHog

good news. Why was he going to la tech?

TRUHOG718

They are calling him a PG in this article. sounds like they are either uninformed or trying to fool those who dont know. Hes a sg/combo guard. I hope he can learn to run the point.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

501Ben

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on May 14, 2007, 05:43:23 pm
They are calling him a PG in this article. sounds like they are either uninformed or trying to fool those who dont know. Hes a sg/combo guard. I hope he can learn to run the point.

Arkansas plans to play him at point.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: 501Ben on May 14, 2007, 05:44:03 pm

I know. But i dont drink the kool-aid just because its red.  Hes going from a high school combo guard to a D1 college point guard. If I said I was 100% sold that it would work Id be lying. we havent been able to get a solid point guard here since Kareem Reid. Great pickup but I also want a true point guard. Is that too much to ask?

silvertip

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on May 14, 2007, 06:02:29 pm

I know. But i dont drink the kool-aid just because its red.  Hes going from a high school combo guard to a D1 college point guard. If I said I was 100% sold that it would work Id be lying. we havent been able to get a solid point guard here since Kareem Reid. Great pickup but I also want a true point guard. Is that too much to ask?

He's a great ballhandler who averaged 5 assists to go with 18pts & 6 RBs. His coach says he could have averaged 30pts if needed, but there were 2 other D-1 guards on his team. Other players love playing with him.

Britt was signed to give us much needed help at PG. Who cares what he was "called" in high school?

TRUHOG718

Quote from: silvertip on May 14, 2007, 06:36:33 pm
Quote from: TRUHOG718 on May 14, 2007, 06:02:29 pm

He's a great ballhandler who averaged 5 assists to go with 18pts & 6 RBs. His coach says he could have averaged 30pts if needed, but there were 2 other D-1 guards on his team. Other players love playing with him.

Britt was signed to give us much needed help at PG. Who cares what he was "called" in high school?

Maybe your right.. I sure hope so..

arkjay19

sounds like Pelphrey is starting off on the right note.

Proud Hog

5 assists a game is good for a point guard.Alot of the top ranked points do not average much more than that.

Hollywood_HOGan45

good to get somebody to give Ervin and Beverly some rest.

Hope he'll be a solid PG.

3kgthog

Hopefully he'll give Ervin a lot of rest. As in Ervin not being a starter anymore.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 14, 2007, 09:00:59 pm
Hopefully he'll give Ervin a lot of rest. As in Ervin not being a starter anymore.
I can live with that

HawgG

While Marcus is a good player lets not get carried away here.

Ervin, Beverley, and Welsh are better players then Britt.

More then likely Marcus will spell Beverley for a couple of minutes as Welsh backs up Gary as he did down the stretch of last season.

The kind of player Marcus becomes won't be fully realize for at least two seasons maybe three.

We needed a backup guard of some kind and while he is not a PG he does have a place on this team.

Congratulations to Britt as he accomplished his dreams.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: HawgG on May 15, 2007, 12:39:39 am
While Marcus is a good player lets not get carried away here.

Ervin, Beverley, and Welsh are better players then Britt.

More then likely Marcus will spell Beverley for a couple of minutes as Welsh backs up Gary as he did down the stretch of last season.

The kind of player Marcus becomes won't be fully realize for at least two seasons maybe three.

We needed a backup guard of some kind and while he is not a PG he does have a place on this team.

Congratulations to Britt as he accomplished his dreams.

Many people will be surprised at how good Britt is. 

tbhogfan

Contratulations to Marcus Britt.  I like this signing, because it is someone who can give quality minutes of relief at both guard spots immediately, and has the tools to become a solid contributor or starter in the future. 
Go Hogs!

RZRBack_FAN

May 15, 2007, 09:02:32 am #16 Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:09:00 am by RZRBack_FAN
Some of you need to slow down alittle and give this kid a chance bfore we pass judgement on him!! 

Recruiting rankings dont always mean everything, Arkansa kids tend to get overlooked alot in that area!

Ive never seen the kid play, I dont even know if hes white, black, or asian. I have a feeling alot of other people dont either.

Lets see him play beore we pass Judgement. I cant wait for BBall season to start now. Im very excited about this Class!

IcEwalker

do you not think rakestraw could have that position?

HawgG

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 15, 2007, 09:04:00 am

do you not think rakestraw could have that position?

I read something from the guys that cover the program closely that Rakestraw may backup Weems.

That would make sense because Weems has no backup for his spot and Nate is 6-5 and about 220lbs so he has the size to play there.Nate is also a little slow for the guard position is a up tempo game so having him on the wing will probably get him more minutes as a freshmen.