Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any info on Greg Childs?

Started by Hogstocking, May 14, 2007, 01:47:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogstocking

Anybody know where the hogs stand with him?  Wright seems to be interviewed fairly often by both scout and rivals, but nothing on Childs.  Scout has no articles on him and rivals hasn't had anything in 3 months.  Just seems kind of weird to me he's on the rivals 250 and you never hear anything about him.  We seem to be in good shape with Wright but I have no clue with Childs.

Richard have you talked to him? 

jhudson84

Some say he is a TN lean, but Arkansas can get Jay they might sneak away with Greg as well, were after some many offensive playmakers right now, hes one we need to get with his size and speed.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Hogstocking on May 14, 2007, 01:47:31 pm
Anybody know where the hogs stand with him?  Wright seems to be interviewed fairly often by both scout and rivals, but nothing on Childs.  Scout has no articles on him and rivals hasn't had anything in 3 months.  Just seems kind of weird to me he's on the rivals 250 and you never hear anything about him.  We seem to be in good shape with Wright but I have no clue with Childs.

It's very hard to get a interview with Greg. I'll keep trying.

ntubjr

THE ARK COACHES WERE IN WARREN TODAY

lebronfan23

i think the both of them will end up at ark

Hogstocking

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 14, 2007, 02:14:59 pm
Quote from: Hogstocking on May 14, 2007, 01:47:31 pm

It's very hard to get a interview with Greg. I'll keep trying.

Thnx RD.  I am curious to see where the hogs stand with him

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: lebronfan23 on May 14, 2007, 07:59:11 pm
i think the both of them will end up at ark

I am not so sure of that.  I thik that there may be a better chance for Jarious Wright to end up at Arkansas. 

lebronfan23

to tell you the truth i really dont think jarius will end up at arkansas or greg i think jay will stay in the sec but not on da hill greg will end up either in the sec or big 12

lebronfan23

to tell you the truth i really dont think jarius will end up at arkansas or greg i think jay will stay in the sec but not on da hill greg will end up either in the sec or big 12

#1 STUNNA

talked to jay wright last week and he told me that if florida offers hes signing. childs has been working hard and looks to be wighing in at about 200 when the season starts worked out with him last week, he said hes just trying to get ready for the season and not so much the recruting stuff

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 15, 2007, 10:37:05 pm
talked to jay wright last week and he told me that if florida offers hes signing. childs has been working hard and looks to be wighing in at about 200 when the season starts worked out with him last week, he said hes just trying to get ready for the season and not so much the recruting stuff

I wonder how any kid can pass up Florida compared to a school like Arkansas.  There are about as many students at Florida, as there are people in Fayettville. 

blu

I wonder how any kid can pass up Florida compared to a school like Arkansas.  There are about as many students at Florida, as there are people in Fayettville. 
[/quote]

To some, that isn't necessarily a good thing. It does sound like we may have another bust in Warren this year. We can only hope this will get better.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Tomhog™

It's like a curse at certain schools.  Warren has always had a great player or two every few years and Arkansas can never seem to land them.   I wonder when the last Warren player signed with Arkansas?

Looking on a map, you'll see Camden Fairview is not that far away.  Arkansas typically has success at getting them and developing them into NFL potential.

It's not all based on geography, but has to be based more on the coaching staff's relationship with each high school.  I wonder what Nutt is doing to put Arkansas in a new light with Warren?  You'd think that'd be one of his top priorities as the head coach.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Tomcat on May 16, 2007, 08:29:10 am
It's like a curse at certain schools.  Warren has always had a great player or two every few years and Arkansas can never seem to land them.   I wonder when the last Warren player signed with Arkansas?

Looking on a map, you'll see Camden Fairview is not that far away.  Arkansas typically has success at getting them and developing them into NFL potential.

It's not all based on geography, but has to be based more on the coaching staff's relationship with each high school.  I wonder what Nutt is doing to put Arkansas in a new light with Warren?  You'd think that'd be one of his top priorities as the head coach.

There are some kids who just want to go out of state, and many times Arkansans don't realize that, and complain when every recruit leaves the state.  If a kid wants to commit to a school that has not offered, then the relationship between coaches is not that important. 

Realist

You ever been to Florida?  Their campus is surrounded by 4 lakes, its amazing and can't imagine the parties and girls there.  Chances are, if I knew I could get PT at Florida and had an offer, I would do the same thing

jackflash

I would like to see Arkansas get every in state kid, but if we do not as long as they can be replaced with prospects from another state say TX,LA GA FL, I would not complain.

Hogtide

It's like a curse at certain schools.  Warren has always had a great player or two every few years and Arkansas can never seem to land them.   I wonder when the last Warren player signed with Arkansas?

While I'd like to have both Wright and Childs what Warren prospect that left here would have ever been that much of a contributor?  Brett Smith?  He would have been our second WR this year but it's not like he was killer to lose.  Word is though that Hembree was very cooperative with Nutt and company this week so that is a good sign.

#1 STUNNA

pete carrol to be in warren on the 26th uh, oh

Hogstocking

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 18, 2007, 08:44:09 pm

Great.  Seems like he or his staff members have been all over this state lately.

asuindianman

Quote from: Hogstocking on May 18, 2007, 08:49:53 pm

Great.  Seems like he or his staff members have been all over this state lately.

Carroll's visit won't play a role in Childs' decision.  USC is looking at Jarious Wright, probably at CB.

woods_walker

If I'm remembering correctly their was a player down in Warren who was lead on by Nutt only to be kicked aside at the very end. John Thompson was his recruitor, and it apparently didn't set well with him either. He took the defensive corr. position at Florida, saying they don't do things right on the Hill. Since then we've been shut out of Warren. Nutt was supposedly there this past week trying to mend fences according to Rick Shaffer. My question is what's takin' so long? EGO???

lebronfan23

i talked to jarius yesterday and bob stoops is coming to warren this week

LJHOG

arrest him for something (make it up if need be) a keep him in jail for a week or so.  see if he come back down here again   ;)

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: asuindianman on May 18, 2007, 09:51:28 pm

Carroll's visit won't play a role in Childs' decision.  USC is looking at Jarious Wright, probably at CB.

i have heard they are looking ant childs more than wright

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: asuindianman on May 18, 2007, 09:51:28 pm

I would not be surprised if USC was looking at Greg Childs.  He is a fast and strong wide reciever  with good hands who could easily be one of the top 3 prospects in state.  He has somehow manged to be underrated when it comes to talk about recruiting.  I can not remember a time when there were this many prospects with a lot of offers from major D1 programs inside the state.

#1 STUNNA

heard from a reliable resource that usc will offer both this week, also jay wright said he could make a choice by the end of the week

Hogstocking

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 21, 2007, 08:44:22 pm
heard from a reliable resource that usc will offer both this week, also jay wright said he could make a choice by the end of the week

So are you implying if USC offers he's commiting to them?

#1 STUNNA

his top 2 that have not offered are usc and florida