Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Courier Journal) Decisions coming from UK targets

Started by Tomhog™, May 14, 2007, 12:35:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fu-man-soo

HawgG

Billy Gillespie is quickly finding out what it is like coaching Kentucky and dealing with the fans.

He is taking a beating with him going 0-3 yesterday losing Beas Hamga(UNLV), Jai Lucas(Florida), and Sanchez(Arkansas).

Things are being said that strongly suggest BCG go back to TAMU because they could have hired the EKU head coach, while others are referring to Gillespie as Bill Curry.

Some UK fans are even blaming each other for recruits not wanting to play for the Big Blue anymore because the fans are rude.

Some believe that the reason Sanchez never visited is because Gillespie told him that's all right because Patrick Patterson will commit to the UK.

We shall see.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: HawgG on May 15, 2007, 12:59:48 am
Billy Gillespie is quickly finding out what it is like coaching Kentucky and dealing with the fans.

He is taking a beating with him going 0-3 yesterday losing Beas Hamga(UNLV), Jai Lucas(Florida), and Sanchez(Arkansas).

Things are being said that strongly suggest BCG go back to TAMU because they could have hired the EKU head coach, while others are referring to Gillespie as Bill Curry.

Some UK fans are even blaming each other for recruits not wanting to play for the Big Blue anymore because the fans are rude.

Some believe that the reason Sanchez never visited is because Gillespie told him that's all right because Patrick Patterson will commit to the UK.

We shall see.

Excuse me but what you just posted if full of crap.  Not sure where you are getting your info, but it is far from correct.
Hate on Billy G if you must, but make sure your posts are accurate.  No one is denying your right to dislike him, but come on...be honest..you don't even believe what you are typing.

Razorod

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 15, 2007, 08:21:32 am

We shall see.

Excuse me but what you just posted if full of crap.  Not sure where you are getting your info, but it is far from correct.
Hate on Billy G if you must, but make sure your posts are accurate.  No one is denying your right to dislike him, but come on...be honest..you don't even believe what you are typing.

Gillispie will be fine at UK. He is a great coach in my opinion. If he gets Patterson, he will have done quite well recruiting this spring and Sanchez won't really have mattered anyway.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HawgG

First off let me tell you something, if I don't like somebody of have something negative to say I will just come out and say it or write it as so.

I don't hide or give hints about an agenda.You and anybody else will know where I am coming from because the direction will be clear.

I'm a tell it like it is and receive it like it is kind of person.

You are new here and don't know me because if you did you would have never written that reply.

Believe me I have nothing against Gillispie because it would serve no purpose.

This is what you should have written, "Where is your proof of what they are saying about Gillispie?"

I would have responded with this, CLICK ME FOR THE SOURCE OF WHAT THEY ARE SAYING

Tomhog™

Quote from: HawgG on May 15, 2007, 09:49:41 am
I don't hide or give hints about an agenda.You and anybody else will know where I am coming from because the direction will be clear.

I can vouch for this statement...

The_Bionic_Pig

We shall see.

Actually on the Kentucky rivals board yesterday they were saying those exact things.....HAWG G was making this stuff up. (I am assuming that is what that link is too)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BleedsBlue

Quote from: HawgG on May 15, 2007, 09:49:41 am

First off let me tell you something, if I don't like somebody of have something negative to say I will just come out and say it or write it as so.

You are new here and don't know me because if you did you would have never written that reply.

Believe me I have nothing against Gillispie because it would serve no purpose.

This is what you should have written, "Where is your proof of what they are saying about Gillispie?"

I would have responded with this, CLICK ME FOR THE SOURCE OF WHAT THEY ARE SAYING

I know what the Kentucky rival boards are saying and I appreciate your frankness in your reply.  Some of those posters especially on the free board (Rupp Rafters) are not good sources.  My comment was not meant to be a slam on your personally, but that the info is a little tainted with some of the posts you read and have access to.  I apologize to you personally.  My goal over here is not to flame anyone.  God knows there is enough of that on the Rival boards.  I hope I contribute over here with info that you as a Hog fan might find interesting.

The_Bionic_Pig

Double B we realize that the majority of the Big Blue fanbase are trying to quell the idiotic attacks by some upset few same happens on every board.  The only rumor that upsets me is the one saying that the coaches called the recruits and said " don't bother cause we got Patterson"    That makes UF, Arkansas, UNLV programs seem irrelivant because some believe everyone would kill their young to play for Kentucky and if they don't come their myspace page gets attack - click me
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BleedsBlue

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 15, 2007, 11:34:19 am
Double B we realize that the majority of the Big Blue fanbase are trying to quell the idiotic attacks by some upset few same happens on every board.  The only rumor that upsets me is the one saying that the coaches called the recruits and said " don't bother cause we got Patterson"    That makes UF, Arkansas, UNLV programs seem irrelivant because some believe everyone would kill their young to play for Kentucky and if they don't come their myspace page gets attack - click me

That is exactly my point.  Those morons who call themselves UK fans taint the whole Big Blue Nation.  You don't find those posts on the paid House of Blue board.  Yes, we have some sick fans.
I would apologize for them, but they never learn.  Please know that there are more like me who respect programs such as Arkansas where football and basketball can co-exist.  Ours ended years ago when Paul Bear Bryant and Adoph Rupp got into it and the football program has never been the same since Bryant left.
We are especially proud that John Pelphrey is your new coach.  I look forward to watching the Hogs play with JP on the sidelines.
Sorry for the rant, but there is no excuse for some of our fans. None.

Hawgballz

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 15, 2007, 11:42:34 am

That is exactly my point.  Those morons who call themselves UK fans taint the whole Big Blue Nation.  You don't find those posts on the paid House of Blue board.  Yes, we have some sick fans.
I would apologize for them, but they never learn.  Please know that there are more like me who respect programs such as Arkansas where football and basketball can co-exist.  Ours ended years ago when Paul Bear Bryant and Adoph Rupp got into it and the football program has never been the same since Bryant left.
We are especially proud that John Pelphrey is your new coach.  I look forward to watching the Hogs play with JP on the sidelines.

BB, we definitely know what it is like to have a bunch of folks who speak without thinking on a board.  Right now Arkansas is plagued with a head coach (Nutt) and many, many fans who have the exact same problem.  My point is that you seem knowledgeable & well informed and you are always welcome on this site no matter who you cheer for.  Look to hear from you more in the future.  +1
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

BleedsBlue

Quote from: HawgBall06 on May 15, 2007, 01:11:29 pm
Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 15, 2007, 11:42:34 am

BB, we definitely know what it is like to have a bunch of folks who speak without thinking on a board.  Right now Arkansas is plagued with a head coach (Nutt) and many, many fans who have the exact same problem.  My point is that you seem knowledgeable & well informed and you are always welcome on this site no matter who you cheer for.  Look to hear from you more in the future.  +1
Thanks. ;)

Tomhog™

Every fan base will have a contingent that will outcry at the first signs of adversity.  I used to be one myself, but have relaxed in the last few years.  The bigger the fan base, the greater the chance of having such a contingent...

HawgG

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 15, 2007, 10:53:28 am

I know what the Kentucky rival boards are saying and I appreciate your frankness in your reply.  Some of those posters especially on the free board (Rupp Rafters) are not good sources.  My comment was not meant to be a slam on your personally, but that the info is a little tainted with some of the posts you read and have access to.  I apologize to you personally.  My goal over here is not to flame anyone.  God knows there is enough of that on the Rival boards.  I hope I contribute over here with info that you as a Hog fan might find interesting.
Don't worry about friend as it has already been swept under the carpet.

By all means continue to post over here as this forum is about the only place where people can come and have a good discussion with just a very minimal amount of unnecessary bashing.

I post on NY Yankees and San Francisco 49ers forums and trust me Hogville's Recruiting Forum is the only place where most people are civil, at least some of the time. ;) :)

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgG on May 15, 2007, 04:47:47 pm

By all means continue to post over here as this forum is about the only place where people can come and have a good discussion with just a very minimal amount of unnecessary bashing.

I post on NY Yankees and San Francisco 49ers forums and trust me Hogville's Recruiting Forum is the only place where most people are civil, at least some of the time. ;) :)

I post on the Miami board and during draft day.... OMG!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 15, 2007, 04:48:58 pm

That must have been one hell of an afternoon....passing on the chance of having Brady Quinn and Dwayne Jarrett so that Ted Ginn (and his broke foot) could catch passes from John Beck.

Gotta love the NFL!
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgG

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 15, 2007, 04:52:32 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 15, 2007, 04:48:58 pm

That must have been one hell of an afternoon....passing on the chance of having Brady Quinn and Dwayne Jarrett so that Ted Ginn (and his broke foot) could catch passes from John Beck.

Gotta love the NFL!

I can't believe that Miami took Ted Ginn that high.

I am not totally sold on Quinn, but he would have been a better pick then Jr.

Now my 49ers took Patrick Willis and OL Joe Staley(305lbs, 4.7 in the 40) in the first round. ;D