Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball scholarship numbers question for anyone who might know

Started by HawgAdvocate, May 13, 2007, 12:04:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgAdvocate

The talk is that we're going to try and sign 2 more (Britt & Sanchez) to go with Rakestraw, while not pursuing the Euro PG due to scholarship numbers.

But, didn't we have 2 scholarships to give before the departure of McCurdy and Cranford? We had Rakestraw, but also had one more schollie for James Anderson, Kodi Augusts, and then eventually awarding it to Jenniro Bush.

Was the plan all along to take Cranford's away from him, regardless if he and/or Heath stayed or not then?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Porkatarian

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 13, 2007, 12:04:42 pm
The talk is that we're going to try and sign 2 more (Britt & Sanchez) to go with Rakestraw, while not pursuing the Euro PG due to scholarship numbers.

But, didn't we have 2 scholarships to give before the departure of McCurdy and Cranford? We had Rakestraw, but also had one more schollie for James Anderson, Kodi Augusts, and then eventually awarding it to Jenniro Bush.

Was the plan all along to take Cranford's away from him, regardless if he and/or Heath stayed or not then?

You can have up to 13 players on scholarship.

With McCurdy and Cranford leaving, we have 2 additional scholarships, probably going to Marcus Britt and Michael Sanchez. 

If Hunter leaves, then that opens up another spot.  I'm really hoping we bring in a true PG, since Irvin is the only PG on the roster.

To answer a question from a previous post, Cyrus McGowen is staying.  I think a blue collar player like Cyrus will thrive in Pelphrey's system.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Porkatarian on May 13, 2007, 06:28:15 pm
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 13, 2007, 12:04:42 pm

You can have up to 13 players on scholarship.

With McCurdy and Cranford leaving, we have 2 additional scholarships, probably going to Marcus Britt and Michael Sanchez. 

If Hunter leaves, then that opens up another spot.  I'm really hoping we bring in a true PG, since Irvin is the only PG on the roster.

To answer a question from a previous post, Cyrus McGowen is staying.  I think a blue collar player like Cyrus will thrive in Pelphrey's system.

Porkatarian out...

I see what your saying HAwgadvocate. It should have had 2 more to give since Cranford and McCurdy left the team, after the bush and rakestraw signings. then bush reclassified so that would make 3. I must be missing something  ??? someone help me out here.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

IcEwalker

well, there are alot better prospects in the 2008 and 2009 classes. therefore, pelphrey really wants to save some of those scholarships for those classes.

southern hawg

13 Scholarships Available.
Players currently on scholarship:
1.  C. McGowan
2.  S. Welsh
3.  D. Townes
4.  G. Ervin
5.  S. Weems
6.  M. Washington
7.  C. Thomas
8.  P. Beverly
9.  V. Hunter
10. S. Hill

McCurdy and Cranford were #'s 11 & 12.  That leaves 3 scholarships available, 1 to Rakestraw, 1 to Sanchez and 1 to Britt, making 13.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 13, 2007, 07:02:43 pm
well, there are alot better prospects in the 2008 and 2009 classes. therefore, pelphrey really wants to save some of those scholarships for those classes.
you missed the point of this thread. and did you hear this from Pelphrey or are you just stating your opinion because what coach would want to save scholarships when you have so many to give next year.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: southern hawg on May 13, 2007, 07:15:43 pm
13 Scholarships Available.
Players currently on scholarship:
1.  C. McGowan
2.  S. Welsh
3.  D. Townes
4.  G. Ervin
5.  S. Weems
6.  M. Washington
7.  C. Thomas
8.  P. Beverly
9.  V. Hunter
10. S. Hill

McCurdy and Cranford were #'s 11 & 12.  That leaves 3 scholarships available, 1 to Rakestraw, 1 to Sanchez and 1 to Britt, making 13.
thanks. +1 for doing the research for us lazy guys  :)