Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think Marcus Britt may have bumped the prep guard committment

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, May 12, 2007, 02:44:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

At one point I was thinking they would try to bring in 3 and let the dominoe's fall where they may but now I believe that Marcus Britt & Michael Sanchez are the coaches choices to complete this 07' recruiting class.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

grayhawg

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: grayhawg on May 12, 2007, 02:49:36 pm
Someone know can we sign 3 since McCurdy left?

Vincent Hunter is as of today still a part of the Team so, no.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: grayhawg on May 12, 2007, 02:55:02 pm
Thanks for the info.

Still don't know who the Euro-kid PG was but I am guessing it will be revealed in the next few days...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 12, 2007, 03:00:00 pm
Quote from: grayhawg on May 12, 2007, 02:55:02 pm
Thanks for the info.

Still don't know who the Euro-kid PG was but I am guessing it will be revealed in the next few days...

Those Euro kids really know how to play team basketball. I'd love a Jose Calderon-type PG on this roster.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Proud Hog

Britt and Sanchez would be great pickups this late in the recuriting season.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 12, 2007, 02:53:54 pm

dad gummit
Pel needs to give him some advice.

For the good of the team he needs to  get hunter off this team so we can get that euro PG.

thanks for all the great info

cardinalhawg

I am assuming that McGowan isn't leaving either.  I understand the bitterness among fans towards Hunter because of the negative comments after Heath was let go, but playing wise, I would rather have Hunter than McGowan.  I hope both players can improve, and while neither player has set the college basketball world on fire, at least Hunter has had a few more good moments as a college player.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: cardinalhawg on May 12, 2007, 11:02:45 pm
I am assuming that McGowan isn't leaving either.  I understand the bitterness among fans towards Hunter because of the negative comments after Heath was let go, but playing wise, I would rather have Hunter than McGowan.  I hope both players can improve, and while neither player has set the college basketball world on fire, at least Hunter has had a few more good moments as a college player.

Cy would be a pretty solid player when given the chance.

All hunter can do is bitch about playing time and turn the ball over.

cardinalhawg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 12, 2007, 11:06:14 pm
Quote from: cardinalhawg on May 12, 2007, 11:02:45 pm

Cy would be a pretty solid player when given the chance.

All hunter can do is bitch about playing time and turn the ball over.

I just have never been sold on McGowan as being a good player.  I would imagine his injury played a part in this, but last year he sure looked slow out on the court.  I know that he hasn't had much of a chance to play, and perhaps if he played more, he would do better, but when he has played, he just hasn't looked good IMO.  I do think Hunter has more potential, even though his comments after Heath's dismissal, left a sour taste in my mouth as well.  Hunter can put the ball on the floor a little bit and can shoot some from the outside, though he wants to shoot too much from outside.  Hunter just makes too many mistakes on the court.

McGowan can be a plus rebounder, but outside of that, he just looks undersized and slow to me.  Hunter can serve a role in regards to providing inside depth, when certain guys are injured or are in foul trouble.

cardinalhawg

I do hope that we do not get too shooting guard heavy and too point guard and small forward lean.  I hope that Britt can play point guard, if he does become a Razorback, because otherwise we will have Beverly, Welsh, Rakestraw, and Britt as shooting guards, and Ervin as the point guard.  Maybe Britt can play point guard, but wasn't Weaver, the point guard signee of ASU, his teammate.   We do seem to be lacking at depth in the small forward spot as well, so hopefully we can replenish the big men and forwards during the 2008 recruiting season.

Hopefully we can get that needed point guard help.

orgkeith

Hunter was one of the main reasons we beat Florida the year before.  He needs stay in the weight room and get stronger and play more like he did as a soph.  He has some skills, but the lack of muscle led to most of his turnovers.

tophawg19

pel may be able to coach up both of these guys . give him a chance.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

mbgrulz

Quote from: orgkeith on May 13, 2007, 09:08:42 am
Hunter was one of the main reasons we beat Florida the year before.  He needs stay in the weight room and get stronger and play more like he did as a soph.  He has some skills, but the lack of muscle led to most of his turnovers.
joakim noah fouling out & pookie getting unconsciously hot is the biggest reason we beat florida. VH's problem is not strength so much as it is mental toughness and attitude, and you can't coach that into a player.

send him back to the rock!

bgsisco

Any chance we don't get Sanchez this year and we sign Britt and the unknown euro?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: bgsisco on May 13, 2007, 11:02:39 am
Any chance we don't get Sanchez this year and we sign Britt and the unknown euro?

There's always a chance. Heck, there's a chance that Frank and Nolan would hug on national tv as well. Unlikely, but a chance!

All kidding aside though, until we get names signed on the dotted line, anything is possible at this point.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

bgsisco

I just think Sanchez is really taking his time on this.  I know it is important but if he really was sold on Ark. then I feel he would have committed by now.  If I am wrong I will admit it but I really think he is torn between us and another school or prep school.

HawgG

Quote from: bgsisco on May 13, 2007, 12:35:20 pm
I just think Sanchez is really taking his time on this.  I know it is important but if he really was sold on Ark. then I feel he would have committed by now.  If I am wrong I will admit it but I really think he is torn between us and another school or prep school.

Well if Sanchez is torn then he should head to prep school for a year.

It is a big decision to pick a college and if there is any uncertainty then he should not sign with one this year.

Give him a year and I bet he will be ready to choose a school he will be 100% happy with.

TRUHOG718

Im confused Stewie. Why do you say we cannot sign 3? Bush' scholarship, Rakestraw, and the McCurdy scholarship. Thats 3. Hunter's scholarship would make 4 players we could sign this year unless theres some rule I dont know about.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

bgsisco

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on May 13, 2007, 04:35:22 pm

Im confused Stewie. Why do you say we cannot sign 3? Bush' scholarship, Rakestraw, and the McCurdy scholarship. Thats 3. Hunter's scholarship would make 4 players we could sign this year unless theres some rule I dont know about.

I'm not Stewie but I think he meant 3 more (Rakestraw + 3 more).

TRUHOG718

Quote from: bgsisco on May 13, 2007, 05:10:22 pm
Quote from: TRUHOG718 on May 13, 2007, 04:35:22 pm

I'm not Stewie but I think he meant 3 more (Rakestraw + 3 more).
Ok thx. I misunderstood the post. If we can get 3 I sure hope we get Britt, Tehran Cox from Fayetteville Christian and Sanchez to go with Rakestraw. That would be SWEET music to my ears. That would cover all key areas. A TRue pg, a sharpshooter, someone to give weems a breather, and a big man with a huge upside.

IcEwalker

tehran Cox is committed to UAFS. so would he have to be released before he commits? also, he played in one of the most pathetic conferences in all of arkansas, not alot of competition. jw how he did in AAU or against tougher competition.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 13, 2007, 07:04:52 pm
tehran Cox is committed to UAFS. so would he have to be released before he commits? also, he played in one of the most pathetic conferences in all of arkansas, not alot of competition. jw how he did in AAU or against tougher competition.
I agree with everything you said but you must look at the fact he didnt choose to go to fayetteville christain they chose him. HE looked good last year at AAU. It wasnt like you saw him and said this kid must play in a pathetic conference. he held his own just like everyone else and was just as good. He was on James Andersons team.

Now who knows what will happen when he gets to college, i sure dont, but I will tell you this. Im willing to take a chance on this guy because even though he went to a sucky school he dominated the competition. those guys looked like bumbling fools trying to guard this kid in high school. Judging how he looked in AAU im willing to say if he was in a better high school he may not have dominated but he still would have been pretty damn good. Hes exciting to watch and I think it would be something special to see him leading the break in the BUD. Ervin still makes me cringe on the fast break because I expect him to dribble too deep under the basket and get blocked, shoot a wild shot or turn it over. Cox knows what to do in the open floor with the oohs and ahhhs from the crowd to go with it. and thats what Pel needs. and Us. WPS

IcEwalker

can someone answer the question about being released from UAFS? could we still recruit him for next year even though he has signed?

BayofPigs

my understanding is that you could be released from a LOI from a juco only if you decide to sign with a D1 school, but I'm not 100% sure

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OzarkHighs

501Ben

claytongray