Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For the Kool Aid Sippers

Started by Held Hawgstage, May 11, 2007, 10:54:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Held Hawgstage

Pignominious

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 11, 2007, 10:54:21 am
If you are not on this list...then you need more time preparing for the coming season and less time on the back 9.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2867147&sportCat=ncb

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2867148

So what are you trying to tell us with this?
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

TuckFexas

"He's got two brain cells. One is lost and the other is out looking for it."
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

BigSnout

If you are not on this list...then you need more time preparing for the coming season and less time on the back 9.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2867147&sportCat=ncb

+1 - Mainly because you don't have any good karma.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BigSnout on May 11, 2007, 11:37:16 am

+1 - Mainly because you don't have any good karma.

you just had to throw the guy a bone.

dang man

HawgAdvocate

Hmm, well let's see here. If we're not in that top 10, which we aren't, and our coach has a whole week to pick the brain of the actual coach who has won the last 2 NCAA titles, and who also just happens to coach in the very same conference against the same coaches our coach is going to be up against, AND you know that they're great friends so you know he won't lie or mislead him on purpose....I think I'd consider that preparing for the next season.

Have some kool-aid Lector. Our coach is hard at work!!
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

slopinhogs

good friends are hard to come by . so i don't blame coach P for going to Ireland. he has some work to do to make this team better, but they have the talent to be a great team. go get em coach P
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

hogfan98

May 11, 2007, 01:52:15 pm #7 Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:17:24 pm by hogfan98

what's he supposed to do this week?  it's finals week for the players on campus, and a dead period for recruiting.  everything you've written about basketball that i've read is ignorant garbage.

OzarkHighs

I love how he writes and runs.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogfan98 on May 11, 2007, 01:52:15 pm

what's he supposed to do this week?  it's finals week for the players on campus, and a dead period for recruiting.  everything you've written about basketball that i've read is ignorant garbage.

+1, good sir!
Go away, batin'

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 11, 2007, 01:32:20 pm
Our coach is hard at work!!

No....hardly working. The latest rumblings prior to the dead period had Tennessee, Auburn, Kentucky, and of course Florida making the biggest noise. Altman left Creighton, came back, and still got a couple of recruits. Even Majerus landed someone...oh and Heath. Tell me we are not hoping on a local product with a gimpy knee.

Proud Hog

Did you forget to refill your medication.

gduchar

i've got this guy figured out. he's trying to work the ole' reverse jinx angle. ;)

i agree, our team is a joke and our coach is a waste of air!! ;)

slicehog

I agree that having a week to pick the mind of a back-to-back national championship coach sounds like a pretty good idea. Plus any time you get a chance to play golf in Ireland I think you have to take it.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 11, 2007, 04:54:40 pm

No....hardly working. The latest rumblings prior to the dead period had Tennessee, Auburn, Kentucky, and of course Florida making the biggest noise. Altman left Creighton, came back, and still got a couple of recruits. Even Majerus landed someone...oh and Heath. Tell me we are not hoping on a local product with a gimpy knee.

So you are only ASSUMING nothing has been going on since you have no access to information. Well, we're just sooooo sorry that you've lost all your faith simply because you can't read about it in the newspaper. I mean, heh, if you can't get an hourly update, then that must mean there's absolutely no progress being made, right?

For someone who thinks of himself as an "enlightened soul," you sure do cry a lot.

Hmm, let's see now. Before Heath left, the only real hope for improvement was the effort to get a JC guard who had left Nebraska and had gotten his previous scholarship offer from Arkansas yanked by Sean McCurdy's commitment.

Jennero Bush's grades led him to Jackson St. Hmm, I  wonder why he didn't follow Heath to South Florida?

Now, we have news on Mike Sanchez's upcoming commitment, Marcus Britt's commitment, a prep school foreign guard's commitment, and a lot of action being made towards 2008.

Get your head out of the sand.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hawaiianhogster

Life is to short to have enemy's more than friends.

Ugly Uncle

Pelphrey will stun you.  From the news that I have received from insiders, he is working harder than any coach on the hill in recent history.  Let him have a week to play golf and talk x's and o's with BD.  He will come back more energized and enlightened.  The guy is going to be a great coach for us.
Retired Radio Host

bd93

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 13, 2007, 04:50:36 am
Pelphrey will stun you.  From the news that I have received from insiders, he is working harder than any coach on the hill in recent history.  Let him have a week to play golf and talk x's and o's with BD.  He will come back more energized and enlightened.  The guy is going to be a great coach for us.

+1

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Held Hawgstage

Pelphrey will stun you.  From the news that I have received from insiders, he is working harder than any coach on the hill in recent history.  Let him have a week to play golf and talk x's and o's with BD.  He will come back more energized and enlightened. 

Stun me....I was stunned when this guy was hired. The guy didn't even make the tournament this year....and this doesn't STUN anyone else. Am I the only guy that's sober on this board or what? He's working harder than any other coach...um your stretching it. The guy doesn't need to go golfing with FLORIDA to get energized....he hasn't done ANYTHING! He didn't even make the tournament. The guy has been resting since the last four Southern Alabama games. WOW!

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 12, 2007, 01:13:56 am
Now, we have news on Mike Sanchez's upcoming commitment, Marcus Britt's commitment, a prep school foreign guard's commitment, and a lot of action being made towards 2008.

Yep... if you are excited about that recruiting effort...I'm the only one sober.

TuckFexas

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 14, 2007, 04:30:27 pm
Pelphrey will stun you.  From the news that I have received from insiders, he is working harder than any coach on the hill in recent history.  Let him have a week to play golf and talk x's and o's with BD.  He will come back more energized and enlightened. 

Stun me….I was stunned when this guy was hired. The guy didn’t even make the tournament this year….and this doesn’t STUN anyone else. Am I the only guy that’s sober on this board or what? He’s working harder than any other coach…um your stretching it. The guy doesn’t need to go golfing with FLORIDA to get energized….he hasn’t done ANYTHING! He didn’t even make the tournament. The guy has been resting since the last four Southern Alabama games. WOW!

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on May 12, 2007, 01:13:56 am

Yep… if you are excited about that recruiting effort…I’m the only one sober.

One would have to be drunk to agree with you.
Famous quote.

Held Hawgstage

Here's a sobriety test for you impaired kool aid sippers. What on Pelphrey's resume is soooo outstanding that he deserved this position? Don't regurgitate his name dropping, trips down memory lane, and promises to return to a style that hasn't won in years acceptance speech. What are his qualifications? Somehow, a true fan asking this question causes uproar.  How and why is that? Were we losing so bad that we just had to make a change. Or was this change for the sake of change? We weren't heading in the right direction? Now I'm willing to point out WHY he shouldn't be here....can someone point out why he should? Without slobbing on themselves. Thank you.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 11, 2007, 04:54:40 pm

next time this guy takes a vacation from work we need to call his boss and wonder why he is being such an unproductive worker. 
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 14, 2007, 05:07:42 pm
Here’s a sobriety test for you impaired kool aid sippers. What on Pelphrey’s resume is soooo outstanding that he deserved this position? Don’t regurgitate his name dropping, trips down memory lane, and promises to return to a style that hasn’t won in years acceptance speech. What are his qualifications? Somehow, a true fan asking this question causes uproar.  How and why is that? Were we losing so bad that we just had to make a change. Or was this change for the sake of change? We weren’t heading in the right direction? Now I’m willing to point out WHY he shouldn’t be here….can someone point out why he should? Without slobbing on themselves. Thank you.

Okay, so you're the boss of a fortune 500 company.  You are trying to hire someone to help you run the company.  Both applicants are around the same age.  One previously worked for another fortune 500 company, but was fired after struggling to lead the company in the right direction, has only one real reccomendation

The other applicant has never run a fortune 500 company, but has taken a small comapny and taken it to its highest level ever, plus he has great reviews from some of the top CEO's in the world.  He has the energy that your company has been lacking for a very long time as well.

Who do you hire, the guy with experience or the guy with little experience

everyone has to start somewhere
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 14, 2007, 05:24:26 pm

Awww.....come on now. I'm pretty sure Lee Scott is not going to be replaced by someone on the 40 under 40 list anytime soon. Everyone deserves a break but let teams who are on the cusp of making the tournament take a chance. My gripe is this. If we needed a change so bad, get someone who at least made the tournament this year. I don't think that's much to ask for. The only problem with your analogy is that many of the first guys peers couldn't understand why the guy was let go in the first place. Especially when he had the company going in the right direction. You are basically hoping the unknown pans out. Haven't we been down this road? When you fire, you go higher...not lower. If we are a top 10-20 program...why is our hiring philosphy still....I know this guy who met this guy who knew this guy. What happen to credentials?

TuckFexas

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 14, 2007, 06:28:55 pm

Awww.....come on now. I'm pretty sure Lee Scott is not going to be replaced by someone on the 40 under 40 list anytime soon. Everyone deserves a break but let teams who are on the cusp of making the tournament take a chance. My gripe is this. If we needed a change so bad, get someone who at least made the tournament this year. I don't think that's much to ask for. The only problem with your analogy is that many of the first guys peers couldn't understand why the guy was let go in the first place. Especially when he had the company going in the right direction. You are basically hoping the unknown pans out. Haven't we been down this road? When you fire, you go higher...not lower. If we are a top 10-20 program...why is our hiring philosphy still....I know this guy who met this guy who knew this guy. What happen to credentials?

So why are you knocking Pel when your anger is really towards the administration? If you didn't notice, the big time guys we went ever didn't want to come here. I wasn't happy with the process at all, but I'll at least give the guy a chance to show what he can do w/ a program that has talent and isn't too hard to recruit to. I'm sure not going to knock him for playing golf.
Famous quote.

VoR

All I know is, everytime I saw the Hogs play round ball the last 2 years, wheneven they have played up tempo they have looked good and played well, and whenever we played the SLO-tion offence of Heath we have stunk like an old soured washcloth. Considering what we had to chose from after being turned down by everyone that we were turned down by, I can handle someone with a little enthusiasm that didn't transfer to OSU.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

chiefsfan

Ill agree with you that the hiring process wasnt pretty, but its not our place to attack John Pelphrey,  We got shot down like 15 times or so.  Pelphrey was going to be snatched up by a good school quickly either way.  If BCG had come to Arkansas, JP would probably be the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats right now

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 14, 2007, 11:41:27 pm

Ill agree with you that the hiring process wasnt pretty, but its not our place to attack John Pelphrey,  We got shot down like 15 times or so.  Pelphrey was going to be snatched up by a good school quickly either way.  If BCG had come to Arkansas, JP would probably be the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats right now

Little doubt that is true.  He was number 3 on their list.
Retired Radio Host