Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sanchez will committ the 15th

Started by jhudson84, May 11, 2007, 10:11:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

May 11, 2007, 10:11:33 am Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 10:06:05 am by Tomcat
I have a CLOSE source, and WPS knows I never use a source, Mike will committ to the University of Arkansas on May 15th.  Im not going to name the guy but he is from Springdale and close to the team. Hold me to it.

Hollywood_HOGan45

if he already knows, i wish he would go ahead and pull the trigger

we need some good news around here.

jhudson84

You'll get that news in the form of a guard within a couple of days.

returntoglory

in the form of a guard? what are you talking about?

jhudson84

The next committ will be Marcus Britt(Forrest City) or the unknown player everyone is discussing(foreign born prep schooler)

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 10:29:27 am
The next committ will be Marcus Britt(Forrest City) or the unknown player everyone is discussing(foreign born prep schooler)

I thought it was a prep school point guard.
I would welcome Marcus Britt though. He sounds like a pretty good ball player and the backup PG we may need.

jhudson84

Not often I've got someone close to the situation, so I sure feel proud.

Tomhog™

And if he doesn't commit to Arkansas (I believe he will), you'll know what it feels like when your source is wrong and you've stuck your neck out here.  It's not a fun place to be, but most are forgiving...

Hogstocking

So I guess this means MS wont be visiting UK or CU?

I hope ur right jhudson, great news.

jhudson84

Mike may still take the visit to CU, Ive seen ppl on here follow their source and turn wrong and get crucfied.  I was hesitant to post this, but I feel very confident in the young man who passed this on.

Conway Cool Daddy

What's the story on Britt?
Didn't he sign a LOI with LT?

Is he capable of playing in the SEC? We need all of the help we can get.

Razorod

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 10:23:37 am
I bet it's Tehran Cox.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

jhudson84

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on May 11, 2007, 11:00:45 am
What's the story on Britt?
Didn't he sign a LOI with LT?

Is he capable of playing in the SEC? We need all of the help we can get.

Britt has been released from his letter and JP and FCHS coach have been in contact. 

HawgG

The speculation last night that JH put out was that it would be a Prep school guard which would rule out Britt who played at FCHS.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Razorod on May 11, 2007, 11:09:34 am
Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 10:23:37 am
I bet it's Tehran Cox.
that would be sweet. a lot of people who haven't seen him play will not understand how good this kid is and wonder why we signed such an unknown commodity. TC is a STUD. 

jhudson84

Watched Cox play Guy-Perkins in the state championship game, reminds me alot of a Kareem Reid/Brandon Dean hybrid.  Smart player, great athlete.  Orginally from the Bahama's may just now be breaking into his game.

bd93

LJHOG

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 02:04:18 pm
Watched Cox play Guy-Perkins in the state championship game, reminds me alot of a Kareem Reid/Brandon Dean hybrid.  Smart player, great athlete.  Orginally from the Bahama's may just now be breaking into his game.
I dont care if he's from Mars.  If he can play, then come on.

jhudson84

Quote from: LJHOG on May 11, 2007, 02:54:50 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 02:04:18 pm
I dont care if he's from Mars.  If he can play, then come on.

Well some people do. So you should leave that statement out.

hawg1504

Mike is taking his trip to CU on the 18th. So if he committs to Arkansas on the 16th he wouldnt take the trip. From what I have been told he is still taking the trip to CU. Wich means he wouldnt committ to Arkansas till after that.

orgkeith

Cox signed with UA Fort Smith a week or so ago. 

jhudson84

Cox would be let out of that letter Im sure if he was offered by a school he would like to attend.

Proud Hog

Sanchez will be a hog when all is said and done.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: Tomcat on May 11, 2007, 10:49:29 am
And if he doesn't commit to Arkansas (I believe he will), you'll know what it feels like when your source is wrong and you've stuck your neck out here.  It's not a fun place to be, but most are forgiving...

Boy isn't that the truth Tomcat.
Still no word on Sanchez visiting UK this weekend.  The only news is that Hamga might be visiting tonight and all day tomorrow.  So your friend could be on to something.
If he does not sign a LOI by 5/16 then he can still commit to UA and enroll in school at a latter date, but I believe the LOI's officially end on the 16th.  I would like Sanchez to come to UK, but am glad he might be going to UA.  Get you that backup guard and you will be in good shape this coming season.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 10:11:33 am
I have a CLOSE source, and WPS knows I never use a source, Mike will committ to the University of Arkansas on May 16th.  Im not going to name the guy but he is from Springdale and close to the team. Hold me to it.
I know you say your source is positive he is signing a LOI on the 16th, but sources have been wrong.  It would serve you better if you put a question mark after your post title.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't doubt he is correct, but be careful unless you have heard it from the player himself.  This news if correct will serve UA well.  I am happy for you all.

hawgsav1

He is rated only a 3 star prospect by rivals.  I have never seen him play very much however.  Does anyone know if the rating of 3 star is justified or no? Some players get underrated or overrated by rivals (though they seem to be pretty good at Bball more than football). 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Tomhog™

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 11, 2007, 05:02:50 pm

Still no word on Sanchez visiting UK this weekend.  The only news is that Hamga might be visiting tonight and all day tomorrow.  So your friend could be on to something.
If he does not sign a LOI by 5/16 then he can still commit to UA and enroll in school at a latter date, but I believe the LOI's officially end on the 16th.  I would like Sanchez to come to UK, but am glad he might be going to UA.  Get you that backup guard and you will be in good shape this coming season.

It's not often a rival fan is classy on Hogville.  You are certainly one that is.  After all that's happened this year, I don't dislike Kentucky as much as I used to.  Seems we have a lot of connections to the programs now.  A former UK player, now head coach at UA.  A former ass't coach at UA at UK.  I look forward to our future head to head matches.  Maybe both will climb back to the top of the SEC in a year or two...

Tomhog™

Quote from: hawgsav1 on May 11, 2007, 05:49:37 pm
He is rated only a 3 star prospect by rivals.  I have never seen him play very much however.  Does anyone know if the rating of 3 star is justified or no? Some players get underrated or overrated by rivals (though they seem to be pretty good at Bball more than football). 

I'd say he's under-rated.  He really blew up on the AAU circuit and has a LOT of interest from top schools.  Who cares how many stars he's rated if he can compete with the best high school ballers in the nation?

Proud Hog

Before his knee problems he was a 4 star player and rated in the top 100 in the nation if I remember right.

RZRBack_FAN

I hope your right! We need Sanchez Alot.   After this year the big men are all gone except Cyrus McGowan and Michael Washington! In my opinion we need a big man in this class just as bad as we do a PG!

claytongray

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 11, 2007, 05:02:50 pm

Sanchez is playing basketball in Atlanta this weekend.

Also, my understanding is that an LOI can be signed after the 16th, but it isn't binding.

BleedsBlue

May 11, 2007, 09:23:23 pm #33 Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:28:43 pm by BleedsBlue
Quote from: Proud Hog on May 11, 2007, 05:59:25 pm
Before his knee problems he was a 4 star player and rated in the top 100 in the nation if I remember right.

You are correct.  In fact at one time he was rated higher than Patrick Patterson who is now a 5 star UK is after.  To me Sanchez would be a great 4 year player who will give some team great minutes early on and will start as early as his sophomore year.  At UA, with all of the front court gone in 08 Sanchez will be one of the more experienced guys in the front court and will probably start.  Pel has his work cut out for him in 08 because your 07 frontcourt will be gone.

Tomcat, I think both programs will be back.  The fan bases of both schools is what the SEC wants to see at the SEC tournament.  They were great years from 94-98.
Like I said earlier, the Hogs' fan base double in size with the signing of Pelphrey.

Porkatarian

Quote from: HawgG on May 11, 2007, 12:48:24 pm
The speculation last night that JH put out was that it would be a Prep school guard which would rule out Britt who played at FCHS.

I'm hearing the same thing about getting a prep school PG from a completely different source, but now that Britt has qualified academically I'd love to see us sign the prep school PG, Marcus Britt, and Michael Sanchez.  Of course there won't be enough scholarships unless McCurdy and Hunter both transfer.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

HawgG

Quote from: Porkatarian on May 11, 2007, 10:35:07 pm
Quote from: HawgG on May 11, 2007, 12:48:24 pm

I'm hearing the same thing about getting a prep school PG from a completely different source, but now that Britt has qualified academically I'd love to see us sign the prep school PG, Marcus Britt, and Michael Sanchez.  Of course there won't be enough scholarships unless McCurdy and Hunter both transfer.

Porkatarian out...
That's just the thing, two weeks ago it was reported that Hunter will stick around.

I will admit that I haven't checked on Hunter's status lately because I thought it was done and over with.

This is recruiting and numbers have a way of working themselves out, so we all will just have to wait and see where the dominoes fall.

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 10:11:33 am
I have a CLOSE source, and WPS knows I never use a source, Mike will committ to the University of Arkansas on May 16th.  Im not going to name the guy but he is from Springdale and close to the team. Hold me to it.
You better be right josh ;) I hope thats you.

bigguy551122

I find this thread hard to believe. I talked with Mike the other night and he was telling me he really liked Colorado and was going to check it out. I find it hard to believe he would commit to arkansas when he told me that. The mods know who I am and how i know Mike.
perfection is all i expect.

Tomhog™

Quote from: bigguy551122 on May 12, 2007, 11:28:29 am
I find this thread hard to believe. I talked with Mike the other night and he was telling me he really liked Colorado and was going to check it out. I find it hard to believe he would commit to arkansas when he told me that. The mods know who I am and how i know Mike.

I have a hard time believing he will commit to Colorado, sorry...

bigguy551122

not saying he will commit to them , just that he said he thought colorado would give him the best shot to get to the nba , something about how there coach is from the nba or something lilke that.

bigguy551122

just saying what he told me , i hope he is a hog though cuz we could use him.

BleedsBlue

May 12, 2007, 04:12:45 pm #41 Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 04:16:03 pm by BleedsBlue
Quote from: Tomcat on May 12, 2007, 12:08:55 pm
Quote from: bigguy551122 on May 12, 2007, 11:28:29 am

I have a hard time believing he will commit to Colorado, sorry...

An elite school was Sanchez' own words when describing why he was thinking to prep school in 07.  Colorado is not on the radar of elite schools.  He might like the area of the country, and who would not, but to play 4 years of obscured basketball, I think not.  If he wants to play NBA going to Colorado is not the ticket.  Arkansas or Kentucky would be my first 2 choices for that with the current coaches.  I think he is messing with ya.
He is Arkansas' to lose at this point.  But who knows about these kids.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: Hogstocking on May 11, 2007, 10:51:20 am

Latest on Sanchez.  He is very possibly visiting Colorado this weekend and has scheduled a visit to UK next Sunday.  So the saga continues.  You have to remember this recruiting thing is very fluid.  Someone on here mentioned he was in Atlanta playing AAU this weekend.  That might have been true earlier, but many think he is at Colorado.  Stay tuned.

HawgG

Quote from: bigguy551122 on May 12, 2007, 04:10:15 pm
not saying he will commit to them , just that he said he thought colorado would give him the best shot to get to the nba , something about how there coach is from the nba or something lilke that.

If you paste together Gillespie, Pelphrey, and Posser they still would not have a more impressive resume then Jeff Bzdelik.

If all those 4 coaches above said that as your head coach I know what it takes to be successful getting to and staying in the NBA the one that you would believe is Jeff Bzdelik, because he has coached on that level successfully.

He has a very impressive resume as a NBA scout, College Coach, and NBA Head Coach.

CLICK ME TO GET TO KNOW ME

UrAzoRbacKs

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 12, 2007, 04:28:52 pm

Latest on Sanchez.  He is very possibly visiting Colorado this weekend and has scheduled a visit to UK next Sunday.  So the saga continues.  You have to remember this recruiting thing is very fluid.  Someone on here mentioned he was in Atlanta playing AAU this weekend.  That might have been true earlier, but many think he is at Colorado.  Stay tuned.

He is definitely not in Colorado this weekend.  AAU Tourney in Atlanta: 39 points, 16 rebounds (total) in two games so far playing for the Arkansas Hawks.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: UrAzoRbAcks on May 12, 2007, 05:01:37 pm
Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 12, 2007, 04:28:52 pm

He is definitely not in Colorado this weekend.  AAU Tourney in Atlanta: 39 points, 16 rebounds (total) in two games so far playing for the Arkansas Hawks.

Thanks for the update  Urazorbacks.  I said 'very possibly' visiting Colorado this weekend.  News today says he is making the trip to the Rocky Mountain state on Tuesday followed by a visit to UK next weekend then another visit to Arkansas.
Remember, even if the 16th passes and no LOI is signed he can still sign scholarship papers and enroll as a 07 player.

BleedsBlue

May 12, 2007, 06:37:16 pm #46 Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:38:52 pm by BleedsBlue
Quote from: HawgG on May 12, 2007, 04:35:02 pm

If you paste together Gillespie, Pelphrey, and Posser they still would not have a more impressive resume then Jeff Bzdelik.

If all those 4 coaches above said that as your head coach I know what it takes to be successful getting to and staying in the NBA the one that you would believe is Jeff Bzdelik, because he has coached on that level successfully.

He has a very impressive resume as a NBA scout, College Coach, and NBA Head Coach.

CLICK ME TO GET TO KNOW ME
Agree, but Colorado is far from being an elite school.  He might be all you say, but winning along the way is as fun as playing for an ex-NBA coach.  I just don't see him going there just because of the coach IMO.  It will come down to Arkansas and Kentucky and right now I favor an Arkansas lean.  Good read though on your link.  Thanks for posting it. ;)

claytongray

This is not an attack on you by any means, but I have never understood this line of thought. Anyone from anywhere that is good enough will get a shot at the NBA. It doesn't matter if you come out of China, high school, Duke, or UCA.

bigguy551122

Yeah, but like I have been saying all along, he likes Colorado b/c the coach has connections with the NBA.  The other schools coaches don't have the connections Colorado has... he is thinking his best shot to the league might be playing for a coach who can get him there, not for a program that can get him there. Plus, at Colorado he will play faster and develop faster.

Tomhog™

I will be shocked if Sanchez doesn't commit to either UK or UA.  Well, if he went prep school that wouldn't be quite as shocking.  His parents were both stars at the UA and that kind of heritage plays a lot of weight in recruits decision.  Sanchez might not play a lot in '07, but after his freshman year, he'll have three years to play a LOT and have plenty of time to impress the NBA scouts.  His folks could even make all the home games.  It just makes sense that way...