Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Gun Challenge

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 10, 2007, 05:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Here's the list of QB's expected to particpate in the Sonic Top Gun Challenge July 13th at Springdale HS..

Jim Youngblood - Camden Fairview
Hunter Miller - Sylvan Hills
Tyler Wilson - Greenwood
Phillip Butterfield - Lake Hamilton
Zach McCaulley - Benton
Alan Davis - Van Buren
Patrick Calcagni - Har-Ber High School
Kevin Puckett - Vilonia
Cody Clark - Marshall
Nathan Jones - Glen Rose
Colby Warren - Hot Springs Lakeside
Nathan Nall - Siloam Springs
Blake McDonald - Fayetteville

http://www.topgunqb1.com/

Philip Seaton

Keep an eye on Puckett, he is unheralded because of the offense that Vilonia has ran in the past. They are going to open it more this season to showcase his talents.

jhudson84

Alan Davis - Van Buren

My pick to win it.  Someone needs to offer, hes a big body with a strong arm and would be a good pickup.

dman

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 08:53:59 am
Alan Davis - Van Buren

My pick to win it.  Someone needs to offer, hes a big body with a strong arm and would be a good pickup.
Davis is reportedly attending the Peyton Manning camp this summer.  That will help him a bunch.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: dman on May 11, 2007, 09:40:53 am
Alan Davis - Van Buren

Davis is reportedly attending the Peyton Manning camp this summer.  That will help him a bunch.

He look like he may have the biggest arm in the state in my opinion.

jhudson84

Anyone around V.B got a feel of what this guy is thinking on the next level?  ASU could sneak in and a get a good one, if he falls through the cracks of schools like Kansas, Colorado, and others.  IMO, I would have him over Youngblood and Wilson.  You dont have the MLB to worry about and he has all the potential in the world.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on May 11, 2007, 10:30:33 am
Quote from: dman on May 11, 2007, 09:40:53 am
Alan Davis - Van Buren

He look like he may have the biggest arm in the state in my opinion.

theres a sophomore in warren that can sling it with the best of them

KennelMaster

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 10:39:12 am
Anyone around V.B got a feel of what this guy is thinking on the next level?  ASU could sneak in and a get a good one, if he falls through the cracks of schools like Kansas, Colorado, and others.  IMO, I would have him over Youngblood and Wilson.  You dont have the MLB to worry about and he has all the potential in the world.
He's getting a lot of exposure because of the D1 coaches who are coming to evaluate Taylor Stockemer.  The coaches who have seen him (Texas Tech, Tulsa, Arkansas State, Arkansas, etc.) have been very impressed and have requested film.

jhudson84

Quote from: KennelMaster on May 11, 2007, 01:58:36 pm
Quote from: jhudson84 on May 11, 2007, 10:39:12 am
He's getting a lot of exposure because of the D1 coaches who are coming to evaluate Taylor Stockemer.  The coaches who have seen him (Texas Tech, Tulsa, Arkansas State, Arkansas, etc.) have been very impressed and have requested film.

Thanks alot Kennel, I'll ask Richard and maybe we can get an interview with him.

ProudPointerFan

I heard last year he attened the Top Gun Academy... not the Challenge and he won the throwing challenge and wasnt even a Varsity starter yet. This guy needs to get picked up by someone for sure from what I know.

mrcrowley

Alan Davis - Van Buren

but can he hand off?

grayhawg

Quote from: Tomcat on May 11, 2007, 10:51:03 am
He might be good, but I wouldn't take him over Youngblood and Wilson...
I hate to go against a hometown boy but I agree with you.

ProudPointerFan

Quote from: mrcrowley on May 11, 2007, 05:00:55 pm
Alan Davis - Van Buren

but can he hand off?

He can run, 4.75 40.... 6`4 215 scored 20 TD`s even though they had a losing season. This kid has the right stuff.

bigguy551122

there is no way in hell im gonna miss this event , i would say by far this is the best group of talent across the board that this event has seen.
perfection is all i expect.

ProudPointerFan

It is the same weekend as the Challenge and word has it he chose to stay here and do the challenge. He needs the exposure this event will give him.

blueshog2001

I am more interested in the Youngblood vs. Wilson match up.  There have been arguments over who is better, this while give us an idea of the head to head match up.

ProudPointerFan

So what happens if Davis blows them out of the water? I would not want to miss this event for anything!

Justme

Who won it last year? 

IcEwalker

Quote from: Tomcat on May 11, 2007, 10:51:03 am
He might be good, but I wouldn't take him over Youngblood and Wilson...

agreed.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: blueshog2001 on May 13, 2007, 08:19:17 am
I am more interested in the Youngblood vs. Wilson match up.  There have been arguments over who is better, this while give us an idea of the head to head match up.

If Tyler Wilson shows his arm is as  strong or close to that of Youngblood's I feel like Arkansas is making a big mistake in not offering.  He is deadly accurate, but I am not sold on his arm strength yet. 

hog37

Quote from: Justme on May 19, 2007, 02:35:59 pm
Who won it last year? 

Jeremy Paxton won last year, Youngblood finished like 12th!

Pork Twain

Quote from: hog37 on May 19, 2007, 10:38:05 pm
Who won it last year? 

OH NO!!!  Did you happen to watch any of the pre draft Qb competitions???  Troy Smith and Leak looked darned good in comp but look where they got drafted.  There is more to a qb than being able to do well in one of these.  I would be willing to bet money that if Wilson had signed there would be guys complaining that we did not sign Youngblood.

I say it will be a challenge for any QB to do worth a damn in a HDN offense but it is really hard to say that based on a competition one is REALLY better than the other and everything I have heard about Youngblood has been good.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

AirForceHog

Butterfield is a good QB. I think that he would be a great pick up for the Hogs. I saw him in the loss Lake Hamilton had in the playoffs last year.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

hog37

Quote from: BeoPig on May 20, 2007, 10:57:53 am
Quote from: hog37 on May 19, 2007, 10:38:05 pm
Who won it last year? 

OH NO!!!  Did you happen to watch any of the pre draft Qb competitions???  Troy Smith and Leak looked darned good in comp but look where they got drafted.  There is more to a qb than being able to do well in one of these.  I would be willing to bet money that if Wilson had signed there would be guys complaining that we did not sign Youngblood.

?

I say it will be a challenge for any QB to do worth a damn in a HDN offense but it is really hard to say that based on a competition one is REALLY better than the other and everything I have heard about Youngblood has been good.

Your point makes no sense!  T Smith and Leak were both highly successful QB's on the field and in combine testing events.  You need to find some highly successful game QB's that bombed in predraft camps, right?  Is that your point?