Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The lastest on Marcus Britt

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 10, 2007, 02:52:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

I just talked to Forest City Head Coach Dwight Lofton.

*Everyone on Marcus' end has signed off on his release from La. Tech.

* The paper work is at La. Tech for the AD and new HC to sign. They have agreed to give Marcus his release.

* The UA staff and 3 or 4 other schools showing interest can't contact Marcus til the paper work arrives back at Forest City HS signed.

* The UA staff has talked to Coach Lofton and expressed very strong interest in Marcus according to Coach Lofton. Coach Lofton said the interest is mutual.

* After talking with Coach Lofton, I believe ultimately Arkansas will offer and Marcus will be a Razorback.

HawgAdvocate

That would be huge....Arkansas basketball's link to eastern Arkansas has been dead since Ali Thompson I believe.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Darren DeLoach

do britt's attributes merit the scholarship? i'm not ridiculing him, it's just i have not seen him play and would like to know who has. he wasn't highly sought after. so what is the allure for arkansas?
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

thahawg

Who did he have offers from before he committed to La. Tech?

bd93

Marcus is pretty good.  He is only rated a 2* by rivals but I think he is a 3*,  in my own opion.

jhudson84

Watched Britt play JHS in the state championship.  Was not all that impressed but he seemed like a good floor leader, and has a pretty good handle on the game.  Will be a good role player and eventually get some minutes.

Winner

We certainly need another guard if we're running a full court game now.

harmonyhog

I believe he has some academic problems and is a questionable qualifier. Maybe the ACT score.  Anyone know for sure?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: harmonyhog on May 10, 2007, 06:01:31 pm
I believe he has some academic problems and is a questionable qualifier. Maybe the ACT score.  Anyone know for sure?

He recently took the ACT and has another chance if needed. Coach felt good about him qualifying.

razorbackgolf

i went to school at fc and i remember when i was a senior he was like a freshman and all people could talk about is how special this kid is gonna be he has a nack for making a shot everytime the team needed it including a 3/4 heave in the state tournament which lead to them winning. he needs some polishing but the kid has heart and would be a great contributition to the team

Hollywood_HOGan45

a 6'4 shooting guard.

Just what Arkansas needs. We really need 2s and 3s.

Tomhog™

We really need guards to shore up the reserves.  I hope he becomes a Hog.  We've got to get players that will let Ervin, Weems, and Beverley some rest so they won't tire out at the end of games as we have seen...

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Tomcat on May 11, 2007, 12:41:58 pm
We really need guards to shore up the reserves.  I hope he becomes a Hog.  We've got to get players that will let Ervin, Weems, and Beverley some rest so they won't tire out at the end of games as we have seen...

no doubt
those three couldnt hit the broadside of a barn at the end of the season because they were trying like heck to win all those games to get in.
They had to play way too many minutes last year.

Wouldnt bother me to see pel sign MIke, Marcus, and the other guard from prep school.
Gonna need some experience for the year after next year too.

jhudson84

Marcus Britt would be a good reserve just wonder if he could ever step in and be the starter.

mbgrulz

we do need to add one more guard, and sanchez to this class. britt and/or tehran cox would be great. i think britt might be better b/c of the east arkansas ties he could give us.

dont forget about stephan welsh. he played better and better as the year went on.

the real gamebreakers will be signed in 08 & 09. i do think that we may end up with a bunch of great utility guys in the 07 class however.

Tomhog™

Did anyone hear Coach Crawford's update on Marcus Britt?  He supposed to give an update at 5:05 as to his status.  Actually, he was making a call to 'confirm' what he has been led to believe.

The Boar War

Quote from: Tomcat on May 11, 2007, 05:40:35 pm
Did anyone hear Coach Crawford's update on Marcus Britt?  He supposed to give an update at 5:05 as to his status.  Actually, he was making a call to 'confirm' what he has been led to believe.

Britt did very well on his test and everything is set for him to become a Razorback.  His HS coach said that Ostrom had made a good impression on Britt.  At the end of the conversation the word "formality" was used.  Take it for what its worth!

IHateVitale

i go to Jacksonville high school and one of my friends who plays basketball is very good friends with Marcus and they have been talking....

from what ive got Marcus told my friend he is heading for South Florida, because of Heath.....

here is a little online convo they had...read from the bottom up

KaJuan Watson wrote
at 4:48pm on May 1st, 2007
when they suppose to release u

Marcus Britt (Forrest City High School) wrote
at 10:40am on May 1st, 2007
whenever they release me from la tech

KaJuan Watson wrote
at 4:35pm on April 30th, 2007
4real bro thats whats up...when u gon make a decision

at 12:47pm on April 30th, 2007
mane dnt know im lookin at South Florida or ARK

KaJuan Watson wrote
at 4:06pm on April 26th, 2007
aye bro where u goin

KaJuan Watson wrote
at 12:01pm on January 14th, 2007
Good Game bro

Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

HawgG

Quote from: IHateVitale on May 12, 2007, 08:19:17 am
i go to Jacksonville high school and one of my friends who plays basketball is very good friends with Marcus and they have been talking....

from what ive got Marcus told my friend he is heading for South Florida, because of Heath.....

KaJuan Watson wrote

KaJuan Watson wrote

KaJuan Watson wrote
aye bro where u goin

KaJuan Watson wrote
Good Game bro

Do you have something May 02- to present.

I have a feeling you might be right, but over the last week Arkansas has maybe missed on some guys and they have made a hard push to get Britt as of late.

If he were to still end up at USF then I believe that Coach Crawford will be the reason for that, because Marcus like most kids in this state wants to be a Razorback.

I have to believe that he thinks he is better then Nate Rakestraw and was not happy that it was Nate that got an offer from Heath instead of him.

IHateVitale

Quote from: HawgG on May 12, 2007, 12:20:47 pm
Quote from: IHateVitale on May 12, 2007, 08:19:17 am

KaJuan Watson wrote

KaJuan Watson wrote

KaJuan Watson wrote
aye bro where u goin

KaJuan Watson wrote
Good Game bro

Do you have something May 02- to present.

I have a feeling you might be right, but over the last week Arkansas has maybe missed on some guys and they have made a hard push to get Britt as of late.

If he were to still end up at USF then I believe that Coach Crawford will be the reason for that, because Marcus like most kids in this state wants to be a Razorback.

I have to believe that he thinks he is better then Nate Rakestraw and was not happy that it was Nate that got an offer from Heath instead of him.

i talked to kajuan about Britt this week
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

Tomhog™

Quote from: The Boar War on May 11, 2007, 06:44:10 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on May 11, 2007, 05:40:35 pm

Britt did very well on his test and everything is set for him to become a Razorback.  His HS coach said that Ostrom had made a good impression on Britt.  At the end of the conversation the word "formality" was used.  Take it for what its worth!

Thanks.