Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I talked to incoming freshman LB Tim Dial

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 09, 2007, 06:25:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 09, 2007, 06:25:30 pm Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:56:02 pm by Richard Davenport
about 30 mintues ago. A few notes.

*Tim will report July 2nd to attend second session of summer school and start working out with his teammates.

* He and Crosby Tuck will be roomies during the summer.

* Tim said he's been working out and is definitely getting stronger. He's up to 20 reps of 225 in the bench.

* Coach Herring wants him to know the defensive playbook before two-a-days start so he can be ready to contribute if necessary.

* He's also doing LBer drills to prepare for the upcoming season.

* He weighs 215.

Besides Crosby Tuck, Tim said he talks to Grant Cook quite a bit.

The Coletrain

I love the sound of this guy.  Could be one of - if not the - most unhearlded players in this '07 class.  If he stays healthy, all signs point to him being a solid football player for many years.
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: The Coletrain on May 09, 2007, 06:50:05 pm
I love the sound of this guy.  Could be one of - if not the - most unhearlded players in this '07 class.  If he stays healthy, all signs point to him being a solid football player for many years.

I see Tim being a leader on the Hill. Very sharp and confident young man.

mossfan33

it's always good to have guys on the field that weigh 200+ and can run a 4.4
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

jpenrod1

and can bench more than they weigh 20 times.

hawgwild1087

I agree.  I can't figure out why this guy was a two star.  Size, speed, comes from a renowned HS.  He could make an instant impact for us next year.

arklahoman36

I think the ranking probably had to do with the fact he played more DE and S in HS than LB if I remember right, even though he was being recruited as a LB. At 215 he's obviously not going to play DE, so I maybe there was something lacking in his coverage skills that had him as a LB during recruitment.

arkjay19

great size, strength, and speed, plus he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and plenty of motivation.  definitely sounds like a big-time player for Arkansas some day.

311Hog

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on May 10, 2007, 01:32:09 am
I agree.  I can't figure out why this guy was a two star.  Size, speed, comes from a renowned HS.  He could make an instant impact for us next year.

i believe he was injured in high school and that is why.

tbhogfan

If Tim is half the athlete his father was, he is going to be a great one. 

Joe Dial was the first High School Pole Vaulter over 18 feet, way back in the 70s, then went on to a tremendous college and international career.   

I strongly believe this young man is the sleeper of the incoming class.   
Go Hogs!

VenturaHog

i agree, im very excited about watching him in the years to come, he has what you want to see in an sec LB

Hog Fan from Camden

With J. Love coming in also, the LB's should be great in the near future.

KillerK4

With Fairchild, Gregory, Powers, Davis, Love, Burton, and Dial as our LBs, one word comes to mind: ATHLETIC....... They all run etremely well and will be our backbone in the next few years... I for one am excited

Realist

Herring has what he wants at LB'er.  Thats for sure

WizardofhOgZ

His size, speed, work ethic etc. remind me of Caleb Miller.  We can only hope he turns out to be as productive.

Oklahawg

Dial played safety his senior year. It kept him from getting the notice he'd have gotten at his original position.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

southern hawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 14, 2007, 08:40:30 pm
Dial played safety his senior year. It kept him from getting the notice he'd have gotten at his original position.
That's pretty impressive that we have a linebacker that has the speed and agility to have played safety in high school. Thanks for the info.

cdohogfan

Our LB crew is defenitly impressive when it comes to athletic ability. I can't wait to see these guys on the field. Who will our starters be at the begining of the season? Is Dial expected to redshirt or get some playing time right away? Thanks for the help.

IcEwalker

i would try to redshirt as many of these incoming freshmen as possible.

Hogstocking

May 17, 2007, 09:17:49 am #19 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:21:23 am by Hogstocking
Quote from: cdohogfan on May 16, 2007, 11:27:17 pm
Our LB crew is defenitly impressive when it comes to athletic ability. I can't wait to see these guys on the field. Who will our starters be at the begining of the season? Is Dial expected to redshirt or get some playing time right away? Thanks for the help.

The post spring depth chart was released a few weeks ago, but it will surely change before September.

Will Linebacker
41      Ryan Powers, 6-1, 210, FR-RS
45      Desmond Williams, 6-2, 214, JR-2L

Mike Linebacker
30      Weston Dacus, 6-2, 230, SR-3L
47      Wendel Davis, 6-1, 220, SO-1L

Sam Linebacker
44      Freddie Fairchild, 6-3, 220, SO-1L
42      Chip Gregory, 6-3, 225, FR-RS

IMO Dial will almost certainly redshirt, we are deep at LB.  I am excited about our core of LB's and the ones coming in.   You're right about their athletism....They're all scary fast too.

cdohogfan

Quote from: Hogstocking on May 17, 2007, 09:17:49 am

The post spring depth chart was released a few weeks ago, but it will surely change before September.

Will Linebacker

Mike Linebacker

Sam Linebacker

IMO Dial will almost certainly redshirt, we are deep at LB.  I am excited about our core of LB's and the ones coming in.   You're right about their athletism....They're all scary fast too.

Thanks.
Freddie looks like the only lock as a starter to me. I don't see anyone beating him out.
I'm a little surprised to see Dacus starting, but then again he played pretty well last season.
I didn't realize we had such a young LB core. I can't wait for the season to role around!

WPS! :razorback:

arklahoman36

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 14, 2007, 08:40:30 pm

He also played defensive end.

VenturaHog

Will Linebacker

Mike Linebacker

Sam Linebacker

IMO Dial will almost certainly redshirt, we are deep at LB.  I am excited about our core of LB's and the ones coming in.   You're right about their athletism....They're all scary fast too.

was desmond williams the kid that put the hit on that USC returner

thahawg

Quote from: VenturaHog on May 18, 2007, 02:45:52 am

Will Linebacker

Mike Linebacker

Sam Linebacker

IMO Dial will almost certainly redshirt, we are deep at LB.  I am excited about our core of LB's and the ones coming in.   You're right about their athletism....They're all scary fast too.

was desmond williams the kid that put the hit on that USC returner

That was Dallas Washington.

Beaverfever

Quote from: cdohogfan on May 17, 2007, 01:53:48 pm

Will Linebacker

Mike Linebacker

Sam Linebacker

Thanks.
Freddie looks like the only lock as a starter to me. I don't see anyone beating him out.
I'm a little surprised to see Dacus starting, but then again he played pretty well last season.
I didn't realize we had such a young LB core. I can't wait for the season to role around!

WPS! :razorback:
I saw some article or something of the sort on the internet that had Dacus as like the 7th best middle lb in the country...i was like wuhhhh? somebody thinks he's a player