Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The WORLD LARGEST RAZORBACK IS IN IRAQ...CHECK OUT THE PICS!

Started by AR_dustoff, May 08, 2007, 01:18:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AR_dustoff

The soldiers from Det 1 Co -C 1-111th Air Ambulance (Razorback Medevac) have created what is probably the world largest Razorback on the top of the hanger in Tallil, Iraq.  These pics arent very good, I will post better ones when I get them!  But just try to Imagine how big this thing is by comparing it to some of the Blackhawks, or vehicles in the background!!

****************See pics below**********

The Marmot

Thats cool!!

You better watch it though... the UA and NCAA will be after you for trademark violations!
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

ksrazorback

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

I BLEED RBack RED

The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

little pigee

Did you check out the license with U of A?  Just kidding!!  We are very proud of ya'll and wish you God's Speed in getting home safely.  The HOG is AWESOME!!!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

JAHOGS

that needs to be painted at midfield, instead of those little piglets that are on the 35

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Beau McCastlain

I knew that had to be you Owens!!!!!!!  Showing that Arkie pride!!!!  :razorback:  Keep that head low and we'll go bust some ducks and bucks when you get back!!!!  ;D
"Hey!!! Let's go huntin'!!!"

The Recruiting Guy

My thanks goes out to all of you guys and gals serving our country.

Just goes to show how important the Razorbacks are to our great state.

solix

HogHillbilly

That's a lot better than the Razorback flag we had flying over our shelters
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

moses_007

Awesome job...someone spent a lot of time painting this hog.   :razorback:

termite

This makes me be so proud to be a Hog fan and American. God speed and good luck!!

AR_dustoff

Hey Beau!  I'll be back the 1st 2 weeks of June for leave, then back home for good in early September...

oh, and hoghillbilly... got the flags flying too.  When ever I get time, I'll post some more pics.  We have a Razorback stencil we take everywhere we fly and tag anything we can without getting caught.  One of the Finance units is out of Austin, TX, and they've got a little bitty longhorn on their HMMV, we tagged it with a 4 ft Razorback, too!

Beau McCastlain

Two weeks in June! Sweet!!! After you say hello to Idlewild and Hazen, I am expecting a trip to Dixon!!!! We're going to get this on the show tonight. I'll have are guys put it on the web so you and your guys can see it as well.  www.4029tv.com    It should be up by the end of the day if not check tomorrow.

AR_dustoff

You rock Beau, shoot me the link when you get it up please. My email is joshua.j.owens@gmail.com

Also if anyone has connections at the Dem Gazette, I'll write up a story or provide a writer with some more info if they would get is in the paper....

I will for sure make my way to Dickson for a day or two...

kitshicker

I got freakin chill bumps looking at those pics!! Great job to everyone who contributed to that. Just awesome!!

Wash Hogwallop

By God that took away alot of the pain I have been suffering through.  I am DANG PROUD  to see that hog out there and even prouder of you guys.  I am sending my first hog call in months to you folks!

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!
RAZORBACKS
ARKANSAS!!!!!

Beau McCastlain

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

That's awesome.  About the copyright- what's the U of A going to do... sue the Army?

Annax10

H&D

Quote from: I BLEED RBack RED on May 08, 2007, 01:24:03 pm
Isn't that against their religon over there??...lol

Only if you want to eat them.  And for some reason it offends the Saudi's alot more than the Iraqi's.  I know they had to take the Hogs off of the 188th planes while they were in Saudi but I don't think they did in Iraq (not 100% sure).

\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Lanny

Quote from: AR_dustoff on May 08, 2007, 02:41:15 pm
Hey Beau!  I'll be back the 1st 2 weeks of June for leave, then back home for good in early September...

Does anyone have any media connections to get us some coverage for this?  Or some folks at UA athletic dept?  My guys worked their ass off on this thing!  Everyone knows who "Razorback Medevac" is...

oh, and hoghillbilly...we got the flags flying too.  When ever I get time, I'll post some more pics.  We have a Razorback stencil we take everywhere we fly and tag anything we can without getting caught.  One of the Finance units is out of Austin, TX, and they've got a little bitty longhorn on their HMMV, we'll we tagged it with a 4 ft Razorback, too!

What do you need?  Check your PM's

Lanny
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

TuckFexas

That's an awesome picture, but I'm having problems believing it. Here's why: in every picture but one we're looking at the right side of the Hog. How do we see the left side of the Hog in one pic? I'd love for someone to prove me wrong because I think it's cool as hell...but I had several co-workers look too to make sure I'm not just seeing it wrong and they all said it looks wrong too. Can we get some confirmation on this before it's all over the news? I appreciate what you guys are doing over there for us and don't want to seem like a prick, that's not my intention.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

NMMIHog

Quote from: abostian on May 08, 2007, 02:56:03 pm
That's awesome.  About the copyright- what's the U of A going to do... sue the Army?

I work for the Department of the Army and I personally don't think the U of A would want that kind of publicity right now. But then again, they also have big egos.

Way to go guys! Keep Big Red flying and make it home safe!!!!!

3kgthog

I was also wondering why the Razorback is facing the left in one picture but facing the right in the rest. I'm thinking someone was playing with photoshop and made an uh oh.

AR_dustoff

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 08, 2007, 03:19:23 pm
That's an awesome picture, but I'm having problems believing it. Here's why: in every picture but one we're looking at the right side of the Hog. How do we see the left side of the Hog in one pic? I'd love for someone to prove me wrong because I think it's cool as hell...but I had several co-workers look too to make sure I'm not just seeing it wrong and they all said it looks wrong too. Can we get some confirmation on this before it's all over the news? I appreciate what you guys are doing over there for us and don't want to seem like a prick, that's not my intention.

Its as real as it gets brotha, we took those pictures from my helicopter this morning...I had to take the pics at that angle b/c the other side is the active runway at the airport...

You can actually see the shadow of the one of the poles in the middle of the hog on one of the pics...Dont know what you mean about the left side...we took them as we flew over.  PM me with any questions or ask in the forum...i will be happy to answer anything.

Also is you happen to know Beau Mc, ask him about me...we've been friends for years, I have no reason to lie.  You can also look at my old posts.  I posted one where it was almost complete and said pictures would come later.

Mark Lericos

I don't think it's photoshopped.... notice how the Hog is always facing AWAY from the metal covering. I think the photo was just reversed in one pic... but it's still facing the same way.

And besides... our boys over there have better things to do than try to impress people with fake images.

Be safe and great job!  ;D

kitshicker

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 08, 2007, 03:30:28 pm
I was also wondering why the Razorback is facing the left in one picture but facing the right in the rest. I'm thinking someone was playing with photoshop and made an uh oh.
It looks like just a different camera angle to me.
If you look closely at the top picture, you can see slight discolorations on the hogs back, and you can see the checkerboard pattern underneath the paint.

H&D

Take a closer look, your wrong.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

AR_dustoff

Just saw what you are talking about...look at the pic in context.  The snout faces the helicopter parking in every one!  I just flipped it b/c we took that one side ways.  I could've flipped it 270 instead of 90 and it would've looked the same...

BTW, I will not edit that post just for the reason some folks obviosly think its photoshopped....

AR_dustoff

Quote from: kitshicker on May 08, 2007, 03:38:44 pm
If you look closely at the top picture, you can see slight discolorations on the hogs back, and you can see the checkerboard pattern underneath the paint.

The checkboard pattern is exactly how is was painted.  They counted the squares, took the same number of squares and made a mini roof top.  Got a projector and traced a Hog on it....after that the mini version as a reference to make the bigger one!

jcam61

If you flip the last picture horizontally it makes it look right. 

TuckFexas

I'm taking a closer look. It still looks weird to me with the one pic.
Famous quote.

kitshicker

Quote from: AR_dustoff on May 08, 2007, 03:44:05 pm

The checkboard pattern is exactly how is was painted.  We counted the squares, took the same number of squares and made a mini roof top.  Got a projector and traced a Hog on it....after that we used the mini version as a reference to make the bigger one!
Wow, sounds like alot of work went into this.
How long did it take to finish it?

TuckFexas

You guys don't have to take my word for it. My mind isn't processing what you guys are seeing. (I'm on a higher level of thinking.....yeah ;D)
Famous quote.

AR_dustoff

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 08, 2007, 03:47:08 pm

Here is the pic you are questioning before I flipped it...

kitshicker

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 08, 2007, 03:47:08 pm
Look where the snout of the Hog is in each picture, then notice the metal framework on the left side of the first picture. In the last picture, you can then see it was taken from a different angle.

AR_dustoff

Quote from: kitshicker on May 08, 2007, 03:50:03 pm
Quote from: AR_dustoff on May 08, 2007, 03:44:05 pm

The checkboard pattern is exactly how is was painted.  They counted the squares, took the same number of squares and made a mini roof top.  Got a projector and traced a Hog on it....after that we used the mini version as a reference to make the bigger one!
Wow, sounds like alot of work went into this.
How long did it take to finish it?

Suprisingly enough, only 2 days!! Everyone that was around got involved.  There are 2 medevac teams from Arkansas here.  Team Razorback is in Tallil did this, with the help of about 30 maint. and support personnel.  There were often times 30 people up there painting at once!!! There are still some minor things to fix ( like some of the cracks arent completely filled in, etc) but it is getting there!

PulledPork

I see what you mean tuck, but it is just reversed.  If you compare both pics of different looks, it matches up.

Pulled out....

TuckFexas

Ok, now that you un-flipped it I'm on the same page. For the record, I also couldn't ever see that damn sailboat...
Famous quote.

Nutts and Bolts

The passion of Razorback fans around the world never ceases to amaze me... Go Hogs
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

hog.goblin

There is a hangar/building under construction that is just off of the snout and at a slight angle...this holds true at every angle.  It's as real as it gets.

Great picture and artwork guys!

Squealers

Wow, Brother, you knocked it out of the park with this one!   Tell all your comrades that we appreciate not only the Hog, but your continued service to protect  every citizen in the USA!

Sincerely,
Keith Aubele
USAF 1975-1981
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

AFWarrior83

Awesome job man! Stay safe over there, and If you are ever hoppin' through Aviano Italy, let me know! I owe ya a cold one.
Hogville member since 2005.

sowmonella

Fantastic! It makes you proud to be an American and a Hog Fan. Be safe and God Speed.
Sow :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003