Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D-Macs Rookie year

Started by dooder, May 03, 2007, 12:41:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dooder

If D-Mac goes to the NFL, what will he do his rookie season?? I think he will be on Special Teams for sure, and get a few carries. Is their any chance he could be moved to the other side of the ball??  just bored and very creative    Thoughts??
life ain't worth livin if the hogs don't win

TX HOG

He would be a missle at safety.  But he's too much of an offensive threat to move sides.

311Hog

Quote from: dooder on May 03, 2007, 12:41:07 pm
If D-Mac goes to the NFL, what will he do his rookie season?? I think he will be on Special Teams for sure, and get a few carries. Is their any chance he could be moved to the other side of the ball??  just bored and very creative    Thoughts??

R O F L

Special teams and moved to Defense? my god man are you crazy ? the kid will be a top 5 pick and prolly start from Day 1.

arkjay19

Quote from: 311Hog on May 03, 2007, 12:42:30 pm

R O F L

Special teams and moved to Defense? my god man are you crazy ? the kid will be a top 5 pick and prolly start from Day 1.

yep.  He's gonna have a Reggie Bush-like impact.

dooder

R O F L

Ok dude, by special teams I mean he will be a Kick returner. And start from day 1 in the NFL, I like you man but YOUR CRAZY
life ain't worth livin if the hogs don't win

hardhittinghog

I think their gonna move him to defensive tackle...RIGHT
Hi. I'm Wilford Brimley and I have Diabetes. It hurts me to pee and it causes me to be short with my family. I can't sleep at night. The other day I stubbed my toe and I took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago I ran out of vanilla ice cream and struck my wife. Then I find out my wife's been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit?!

Hog Fan 51

If you wanna know who is gonna have a SP teams impact FELIX will be taking kickoffs back.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

311Hog

Quote from: dooder on May 03, 2007, 12:46:42 pm

R O F L

Ok dude, by special teams I mean he will be a Kick returner. And start from day 1 in the NFL, I like you man but YOUR CRAZY

Well kick returner makes more sense, but i am telling you Dmac could start for at least 7 teams in the NFL today.  RB's translate the quickest of all the positions on the football field. He may not play during obvious passing downs until he picks up the pass blocking scheme's something he prolly wont learn in college, but he will see the field alot.

GBPackerFan

R O F L

I don't know...depending on which team gets him...he could definitely be starting at the beginning of his rookie season...probably a lot like Adrian Peterson will probably be starting for the Vikings at the beginning of the season.

LSPRazorbac

Well I think he will start at Goalie but halfway through the season move to shortstop ;)

hogfan064

R O F L

No he's not.  If DMac doesn't have any contract negotiation problems and gets into camp like he shoudl then there is no reason he can't start game 1.  The transition from college to NFL for a RB isn't that big of a deal like it is for a QB.

RazorsEdge

R O F L

Rookie running backs frequently start in the NFL, especially top draft picks.

kitshicker

Quote from: LSPRazorbac on May 03, 2007, 01:10:31 pm
Well I think he will start at Goalie but halfway through the season move to shortstop ;)
He will see some time at the tire changer position, I look for him to start as the gas filler-upper though. By the 2010 season he should be blowing everyone away as the crew chief.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: kitshicker on May 03, 2007, 01:20:29 pm
Quote from: LSPRazorbac on May 03, 2007, 01:10:31 pm
He will see some time at the tire changer position, I look for him to start as the gas filler-upper though. By the 2010 season he should be blowing everyone away as the crew chief.

You sure he won't be the guy that hands the drink through the window.  On second though that will probably be the 2nd round selection.

Dr Swineglove

D-Mac is better than Shaun Alexander was at this stage in his career. I'm biased, but I'm hard pressed to name a better pure RB prospect since Barry Sanders.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on May 03, 2007, 01:34:15 pm
D-Mac is better than Shaun Alexander was at this stage in his career. I'm biased, but I'm hard pressed to name a better pure RB prospect since Barry Sanders.

Reggie Bush ring a bell??

There is not that much difference between Reggie Bush and D-Mac.  Reggie Bush definitley had more amazing moves, but D-Mac has the power running. 

I put them on about the same level.  D-Mac a little higher because he plays in the SEC, but Reggie Bush did SO much while at USC.  Receiver, Returner, RB.  He was electric.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

selfexplanatory

May 03, 2007, 02:04:26 pm #16 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:08:42 pm by selfexplanatory
Quote from: RazorsEdge on May 03, 2007, 01:18:09 pm

R O F L

Right on.  Running backs do not have the learning curve of quarterbacks.  Your fast you play, your powerful you play, your like DMAC and fast and powerful?...Your a franchise player.
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

jamie72921

Quote from: selfexplanatory on May 03, 2007, 02:04:26 pm

R O F L

Right on.  Running backs do not have the learning curve of quarterbacks.  Your fast you play, your powerful you play, your like DMAC and fast and powerful?...Your a franchise player.

I don't see the "powerful" everyone talks about.

Dmac is no way as physical as Earl Campbell, Herschel Walker or Bo Jackson were. They never got tackled by just one defender but I routinely see Dmac wrapped up by one guy every game.

He is blazingly fast and has better hands than those guys, but everyone in the NFL is fast.
Bless your heart

jamie72921

Quote from: Cooper on May 03, 2007, 02:17:05 pm

I think he's got a great blend of speed and power. Obvious, he's not a power back like Ricky Williams, Edggerin James, Jamal Lewis, but most try to compare him to LT or Reggie Bush. McFadden's got more power than them. I think that's where that comes from. I don't know, though. I talk out my ass sometimes. :)

That makes more sense than to say he is "powerful" in the classic sense.
Bless your heart

selfexplanatory

May 03, 2007, 02:23:03 pm #19 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:29:49 pm by selfexplanatory
I see power as somebody who can run up the middle, stiff arm somebody, and run over people.  The opposite of power would be somebody who runs sweeps, avoids contact, a scat back type of runner. 
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.

selfexplanatory

Yea Cooper we're on the same page.

mword

If he ends up with the Texans, like I'm predicting, he will carry that team from day one.

cosmodrum

He will go early to a bad team in need of a franchise running back. He will THE starter for the team that picks him up.

Go away, batin'

I_Am_Me

Or he could go to the cowboys that will have the browns first pick.

bsking

depends on who he goes to.  He will most likely be the number 1 running back for any team that drafts him.  Expect to see a LOT of dmac his first year.

bao187

the only way i cannot root for him is if he is a Raider or Ram, hey maybe Fred Taylor retires after an awful season for the jags setting him up to play with Jones, but in all honesty i see the Lions having the top pick and then for 5-6 years at least its Calvin Johnson and D-Mac ew gross that means Millen is his GM and that is disaster so maybe we don't want him going first
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

bsking

Quote from: bao187 on May 03, 2007, 04:00:28 pm
the only way i cannot root for him is if he is a Raider or Ram, hey maybe Fred Taylor retires after an awful season for the jags setting him up to play with Jones, but in all honesty i see the Lions having the top pick and then for 5-6 years at least its Calvin Johnson and D-Mac ew gross that means Millen is his GM and that is disaster so maybe we don't want him going first

I think Jerry is looking at him heavilly.  Browns probably wont get the first pick, but I could see him trading up.  Maybe both of his number 1s?

ZAP743

Quote from: schweine on May 03, 2007, 02:31:15 pm
If he ends up with the Texans, like I'm predicting, he will carry that team from day one.

Nahh...The Texans will probably get a better contract from a Right Defensive End and take him instead...Hopefully the Browns go 0-16 and he's a Cowboy!!

Also, I think he's a better pure RUNNING back prospect than Bush was, but Bush was the better prospect as a receiver out of the backfield...I'd take D-Mac in the Run game any day over Bush, but I'd probably take Bush over D-Mac when it comes to catching the ball out of the backfield.

clemensrules01

Quote from: jamie72921 on May 03, 2007, 02:14:17 pm

R O F L

Dmac is no way as physical as Earl Campbell, Herschel Walker or Bo Jackson were. They never got tackled by just one defender but I routinely see Dmac wrapped up by one guy every game.

He is blazingly fast and has better hands than those guys, but everyone in the NFL is fast.
i think stiff-arming an auburn linebacker to the ground or running over a louisiana monroe defensive back counts as powerful.

note to everyone: jamie may be the only razorback fan that doesnt like dmac. last year, he actually said he was overrated, monk was the best player on the team, and felix jones was easily better than mcfadden. translation-jamie's opinion means nothing.

Hog Fan 51

Quote from: clemens on May 03, 2007, 04:32:21 pm

R O F L

i think stiff-arming an auburn linebacker to the ground or running over a louisiana monroe defensive back counts as powerful.

note to everyone: jamie may be the only razorback fan that doesnt like dmac. last year, he actually said he was overrated, monk was the best player on the team, and felix jones was easily better than mcfadden. translation-jamie's opinion means nothing.

Why are you so critical of others comments. Judge not lest you be judged.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

BennyBlancofromtheRock

R O F L

I wouldn't say that, running back is arguably has the easiest transition from college to the NFL. And D-mac is a prostyle back.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: ZAP743 on May 03, 2007, 04:02:37 pm

Nahh...The Texans will probably get a better contract from a Right Defensive End and take him instead...Hopefully the Browns go 0-16 and he's a Cowboy!!

Also, I think he's a better pure RUNNING back prospect than Bush was, but Bush was the better prospect as a receiver out of the backfield...I'd take D-Mac in the Run game any day over Bush, but I'd probably take Bush over D-Mac when it comes to catching the ball out of the backfield.

Personally I'm rooting for the browns to win 16 and the superbowl.

clemensrules01

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on May 03, 2007, 04:33:30 pm
Quote from: clemens on May 03, 2007, 04:32:21 pm

R O F L

Why are you so critical of others comments. Judge not lest you be judged.
you obviously know nothing about jamie.

311Hog

Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on May 03, 2007, 04:41:14 pm

I am to, Quinn and that kid from Michigan the WR. Browns Superbowl champs in 08 !

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: 311Hog on May 03, 2007, 04:48:13 pm
Quote from: BennyBlancofromtheRock on May 03, 2007, 04:41:14 pm

I am to, Quinn and that kid from Michigan the WR. Browns Superbowl champs in 08 !

While I don't realistically expext them to be all that this season I do think they should be a power in years to come.

Man that offense is stacked with weapons at every position. Wr-Braylon Edwards. TE-Kellen Winslow. RB-Jamal Lewis

If Quinn and Thomas pan out they should be dangerous. If their D is just middle of the pack they should be a contender in another year.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on May 03, 2007, 01:46:28 pm
Quote from: Dr Swineglove on May 03, 2007, 01:34:15 pm

Reggie Bush ring a bell??

There is not that much difference between Reggie Bush and D-Mac.  Reggie Bush definitely had more amazing moves, but D-Mac has the power running. 

I put them on about the same level.  D-Mac a little higher because he plays in the SEC, but Reggie Bush did SO much while at USC.  Receiver, Returner, RB.  He was electric.

Reggie is probably a little faster, and certainly more elusive. But Dmac is more powerful and has the body to be an every down back in the NFL that some have doubted in Bush. (I'm not really sold on that theory)

Aside form that they do alot of the same stuff. Both have soft hands and are a threat in both the flats and downfield. Both can split wide. Very interesting comparisons between the two.

Was it the Tenn game where the announcers kept comparing them?

heathtits

Jamie is Idiotic, that's universal knowledge. If you question Dmac's power or his elusiveness, watch this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCfZoPGEFA
Note :33, and about anything after 3:20, the fact that his stiff arm is SO good he doesn't have to run over people and risk injury is all the more appealing to NFL teams. Also note his first step out of the hole, it CANNOT be touched by anyone in college football in the past 5 years except possibly Bush. He's that fast. I'd like to see a comparison between Dmac's long runs and Reggie Bush's. Also the main thing that is so great about Dmac is his vision, he can make an average hole look like you could put a truck through it. Just watch the clip where he stays in bounds against Ole Miss on the screen. For being his size, he's INCREDIBLY shifty. I'm sure you can ask SEC linebackers and they'll tell you he's the hardest guy in the country to tackle open field, bar none. Watch those tips and find me criticisms of his game, he blocks, he holds onto the ball, he can return kicks, catch the ball, throw the ball and like I said his vision is amazing.

He could have played in the NFL as a junior.

IndyHog76

Are you serious?  I don't think McFadden will actually return kicks/punts in the NFL, but he will DEFINITELY be starting as a RB from day one.  Teams don't draft players like that with one of the top three overall picks and put them on special teams, keep them on the bench, or change their position.  He'll have just as much, or more, impact on whatever team gets him as what Reggie Bush gave to the Saints (AS A RB!!!).

R O F L

Bvilleboar

You don't take the number 1 pick and put him on special teams.  Too many $ at risk.
2012 the year of the HOGS

clemensrules01

i think we can all agree that dooder is out of touch with the NFL.