Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas has just won the SECW next season(BIG NEWS)

Started by HawgG, April 27, 2007, 01:25:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgG

The best best player in the SECW is turning PRO and now we go from a solid 2nd place pick to the unanimous choice to win the SECW easily next season.

Click the link to find out more.
HUGE LOST FOR MSU

msudawgs64

not turning pro but rather he is only entering his name in the draft, as is Charles Rhodes.  Both want to simply see where their game is now from the viewpoint of the NBA scouts.  Note at the bottom that he has not hired an agent, nor has Rhodes.  All they have to do is look at any of the NBA mock draft boards and see where most think they are at right now, neither will get guaranteed money, that is a given.

Bet you that both will be back with us next year.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

hawgwild1087

I doubt he'd leave unless hes for sure he'll go first round.  He'll eventually wind up in the NBA but it doesn't seem like he'd be that high of a pick this year after only 2 years at MSU.

Even if Rhodes and Gordon return, we'll still be SEC west champs. :razorback:

msudawgs64

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on April 27, 2007, 02:09:14 am
I doubt he'd leave unless hes for sure he'll go first round.  He'll eventually wind up in the NBA but it doesn't seem like he'd be that high of a pick this year after only 2 years at MSU.

Even if Rhodes and Gordon return, we'll still be SEC west champs. :razorback:

agreed on the first part..  I will reserve judgement on the second  part though. ;)

The NBA site shows him as testing possibly, maybe a late second round pick.  Rhodes, a late second rounder to undrafted.   I think it is a way for both to go and at least get a feel on their game from the viewpoint of NBA scouts and what they will need to improve at if they wanted to possibly move up, which is highly unlikely to happen from April 29th to June, when the draft occurs. 

These two need to look at Mario Austin and what happens without a degree or a NBA career.   If they do get drafted, I would at least hope they finish up their course work and get that degree. 
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Kilgor

Keep pumping the expectations so that if Pelphry experiences any difficulty in his first year you can crow that Heath should have been retained.

This is the guy that won't be happy unless we make it to the final 4 in Pelphry's first year.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Atreyu

Is it just me or does it seem like about 200 players have declared for the draft this year?
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

hawgsav1

I agree.  I think the expectations for Pelphrey are a little bit high.  He does have a tremendous deal of talent, but there will certainly be growing pains, especially since this team is not designed for running and gunning.  The one area I am a bit concerned about is recruiting (after all we're very used to Heath's great recruiting and would like to see it continue.  Talents like Willie Warren and Jenirro Bush seemed to have pushed away the Hogs, and so far it seems tough to find great players who are willing to come to Arkansas.  Pelphrey doesn't seem to have been on the recruiting trail recently (though I don't know exactly I'm just saying from what I see).  However, I will give Pelphrey 5 years to make it to the Final Four.  I hope he is the guy to bring it back for Razorback athletics.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

cardinalhawg

Quote from: HawgG on April 27, 2007, 01:25:04 am
The best best player in the SECW is turning PRO and now we go from a solid 2nd place pick to the unanimous choice to win the SECW easily next season.

HUGE LOST FOR MSU

I was a little surprised that Gordon had not put his name into the draft already.  I hope he goes back to MSU, because I like the SEC to be as good as it can be.

thehill1414

Quote from: msudawgs64 on April 27, 2007, 01:46:46 am
not turning pro but rather he is only entering his name in the draft, as is Charles Rhodes.  Both want to simply see where their game is now from the viewpoint of the NBA scouts.  Note at the bottom that he has not hired an agent, nor has Rhodes.  All they have to do is look at any of the NBA mock draft boards and see where most think they are at right now, neither will get guaranteed money, that is a given.

That's what we thought about Olu....

Hogtropolis™

HUGE LOST FOR MSU
Great news, how many players are returning for Kennedy at Ole Miss and also how many are returning at Bama?

hawgwild1087

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 27, 2007, 08:33:55 am

HUGE LOST FOR MSU
Great news, how many players are returning for Kennedy at Ole Miss and also how many are returning at Bama?
Ole Miss is losing their three biggest offensive threats (Abernethy, Doyne, Clarence Sanders) and three players are transferring, so they shouldnt be as good as they were this year.  They still have Dwayne Curtis and David Huertas, the transfer from Florida who may turn out to be pretty decent.
Alabama is returning everyone except Jermareo Davidson and if Steele is healthy they should be great.

zebra

I hope he goes pro, but why is he so successful in college?  He hasn't dribbled with his right hand in his life.  He puts his head down and goes left every possession, all game, all his life.

HawgG

Quote from: Kilgor on April 27, 2007, 05:37:37 am
Keep pumping the expectations so that if Pelphry experiences any difficulty in his first year you can crow that Heath should have been retained.

This is the guy that won't be happy unless we make it to the final 4 in Pelphry's first year.

Why would I crow about Heath should have beien retained if Pelphrey falls flat on his face?

You don't have to makeup assumptions about me because I post enough for people to get a good read on how I feel about the UofA.

Heath is the coach of USF and as I have written before him being let go from the UofA could be the best thing for his career.

By keeping up with him it is looking like he is changing for the better.He is happier and at the sametime he has be a more ruthless person.

I have no hidden agenda against Coach Pelphrey, because it would be silly to judge the man when I and no other Razorbacks' fan know what he can and cannot do.

The man is a complete mystery to everyone accept that he can give as good of a rally speech as Coach Nutt.

Kilgor it seems that you are the one that still has doubt.

I don't know enough about the new regime to make a judgement call.

As far as my expectations for next season goes, I would have said that no matter who the coach is considering everybody returns and the SECW is watered down.

RocknRollRazorback

Quote from: Atreyu on April 27, 2007, 06:22:59 am
Is it just me or does it seem like about 200 players have declared for the draft this year?

is it just me or is that bon jovi in your avatar?
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

moses_007

Sounds like everybody's leaving MSU.  Is HDN their coach? :razorback:

bd93

moses_007

HUGE LOST FOR MSU

Are you a psychic?  We won't win it unless we win it.

mbgrulz

i'll have to second that one kilgor.

hawg G posts some good info on here, but you can just feel him waiting for a chance to say i told you so about heat. everything is shrouded in statements like "everything was about to be great until they fired heath.

sure, we should win the west, and that is not an absurd statement, but coming from Hawg G you automatically wonder if he is just trying to make us look bad for canning heath.

now, read that statement again and tell me your not a homer. i have been through the same thing that you are going through. we had brewer & famutimi "not hire an agent" with the thought of them pulling out at the last minute just to see where they stood. i hope it works out for you, but you'd be amazed at whose opinion these kids are valuing. some slime balls just wanna make a few bux off of a kids future. 

msudawgs64

Quote from: mbgrulz on April 27, 2007, 11:44:39 pm

hawg G posts some good info on here, but you can just feel him waiting for a chance to say i told you so about heat. everything is shrouded in statements like "everything was about to be great until they fired heath.

sure, we should win the west, and that is not an absurd statement, but coming from Hawg G you automatically wonder if he is just trying to make us look bad for canning heath.

now, read that statement again and tell me your not a homer. i have been through the same thing that you are going through. we had brewer & famutimi "not hire an agent" with the thought of them pulling out at the last minute just to see where they stood. i hope it works out for you, but you'd be amazed at whose opinion these kids are valuing. some slime balls just wanna make a few bux off of a kids future. 

What I posted had nothing to do with being a homer, it had everything to do with this kid realizing that he won't be a first round and possibly might go undrafted.  But read this for yourself and decide.

http://www.clarionledger.com/misc/Blogs/kyleveazey/kyleveazeyblog.html

HawgG

mbgrulz, first I will thank you for acknowledging that I bring good info to the board.I try to do my part in bringing Hogville the latest gossip so we all can constantly have something new and fresh to talk about.

Now for you and a couple of others to accuse me of having an agenda against Pelphrey is stupid. Believe this I don't hide my feelings about something.Whether I like something or not you all will know it because I will write it as such.

I was critical of Heath when I had something to question.I gave him credit when he deserved it.I will be the same way about Coach Pelphrey when either opportunity presents itself.

Look just because I did not drop to my knees when Coach Pelphrey gave his rally speech like most of you all doesn't mean that I don't like the guy.Sorry but Coach Nutt also gives good speeches and look how people feel towards him.

I am a Razorbacks basketball fan, you can't wish doom on the HC and hope the program still succeeds in my book.

BTW I currently have some new info on both Coach Heath and Pelphrey, but I will keep it for now.

I will be consumed by the NFL draft most of today.

I am hoping that my 49ers draft Jamaal Anderson or Patrick Willis with their 11th pick in the first round.

Know this, if the 49ers draft former Neb. DE Adam Carriker then HawgG will be the maddest man in the state of Arkansas Saturday afternoon.

If you see Thunderstorms then that will just be my anger leaking out.

mbgrulz

Quote from: HawgG on April 28, 2007, 02:14:32 am

mbgrulz, first I will thank you for acknowledging that I bring good info to the board.I try to do my part in bringing Hogville the latest gossip so we all can constantly have something new and fresh to talk about.

Now for you and a couple of others to accuse me of having an agenda against Pelphrey is stupid. Believe this I don't hide my feelings about something.Whether I like something or not you all will know it because I will write it as such.

I was critical of Heath when I had something to question.I gave him credit when he deserved it.I will be the same way about Coach Pelphrey when either opportunity presents itself.

Look just because I did not drop to my knees when Coach Pelphrey gave his rally speech like most of you all doesn't mean that I don't like the guy.Sorry but Coach Nutt also gives good speeches and look how people feel towards him.

I am a Razorbacks basketball fan, you can't wish doom on the HC and hope the program still succeeds in my book.

BTW I currently have some new info on both Coach Heath and Pelphrey, but I will keep it for now.

I will be consumed by the NFL draft most of today.

I am hoping that my 49ers draft Jamaal Anderson or Patrick Willis with their 11th pick in the first round.

Know this, if the 49ers draft former Neb. DE Adam Carriker then HawgG will be the maddest man in the state of Arkansas Saturday afternoon.

If you see Thunderstorms then that will just be my anger leaking out.
fair enough.