Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida RB Richard Watson talks about Arkansas' Jr Day

Started by The Recruiting Guy, April 18, 2007, 02:02:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Richard is a 6'1 220 4.5 RB from Florida A & M University HS, Tallahassee, FL. Richard had 2,134 yards rushing and 34 TDs this past season. I talked to Richard early Tuesday evening. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: What are your offers?

Richard: I have 11 offers. Ohio St., Alabama, Arkansas, Boston College, Clemson, East Carolina, Florida International, Central Florida, Arizona St., UCLA, Marshall.

TRG: How was your visit for Jr. Day?

Richard: It was worth the trip. I got to talk to Coach Nutt with my parents and my brother. He's real down to earth

TRG: What did you think of the facilities?

Richard: They showed us the football facilities. The stadium was nice and they said the weight room was the largest in the nation.

TRG: What other visits have you made?

Richard: I've been to Auburn and Florida State.

TRG: Compare those two visits to Arkansas.

Richard: Arkansas was the best. Auburn was kinda of hectic. They had a lot of things going on with the spring game. Florida St. was a real good trip, real informative. I got to talk to their RB coach.

TRG: What stood out about Arkansas?

Richard: The weight room and talking to Coach Nutt. He was real easy to talk to.

TRG: Do you plan to attend any camps this summer?

Richard: I plan to go to Ohio St. and Boston College Sr. camps.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Richard: Coach Vaughn. He's a real nice guy and he's originally from Tallahassee and he's real easy to talk to.

TRG: Any idea when you may make a decision?

Richard: Probably December, January or signing day. My coach told me that he thinks I'll get 10 to 15 more offers. If I do I'll narrow the list summer to 10 to 15 schools.

Richard is a very well spoken, sharp young man. Very mature. I asked if he had a top 3 or 5 and he said he had a top 11 right now.  That drew a laugh from both of us. I hope to have Richard on Press Row this summer. School hours prevent him from being on right now.

VenturaHog

Shocktheman

Quote from: mrcrowley on April 18, 2007, 07:26:56 am
Quote from: VenturaHog on April 18, 2007, 02:17:56 am
Arkansas was the best, WPS!!!
did he like the beans

Feed 'em all the beans!  That seems to seal the deal everytime.

Many thanks TRG!

LJHOG

Good stats and sounds like an impressive young man.  He'd make a good Hog!!

blueshog2001

If we could land Watson, he would be the class headliner. I hope Vaughn can work some magic.  I wish Watson and D-mac could have hooked up.  Richard, with him being a running back, do you think having D-Mac helps?

jhudson84

What would happen if Arkansas was to land Curtis, Watson, and Johnson?

You would have

Sr. Felix Jones
Jr. Michael Smith, Brandon Barnett (expecting a RS)
So. Michael Harris, Juwan Franklin
Fr. Richard Watson, Deanthony Curtis, Dennis Johnson

Scary~!

blueshog2001

I think Felix is gone after this year.  But he could surprise us all and want his own turn in the spotlight.

KingoftheHill

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 18, 2007, 12:38:54 pm

You would have

Sr. Felix Jones

Scary~!

You're getting me excited.  Scary indeed.

disGUSted

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 18, 2007, 12:38:54 pm

You would have

Sr. Felix Jones

Scary~!
Remember, you can only have one or two getting significant touches, even less if we ever develope a passing game. :razorback:

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

razorbass

Quote from: blueshog2001 on April 18, 2007, 12:43:40 pm
I think Felix is gone after this year.  But he could surprise us all and want his own turn in the spotlight.
I think Felix will stay for his senior year, he will be the man.

hawgsav1

Quote from: razorbass on April 18, 2007, 06:04:50 pm
Quote from: blueshog2001 on April 18, 2007, 12:43:40 pm
I think Felix will stay for his senior year, he will be the man.

I agree.  I know how unselfish he is but I'm sure he'll want his own turn in the spotlight.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Hogstocking

Watson recently named Arkansas and Georgia Tech his leaders.  He also said his latest offer was Nebraska.

TxHogger

Can you imagine an FL running back with us as one of his leaders.  This is really good.

netteltonhog

I Will be very surprised if Juwan Franklin ever sets foot on the Razorback campus.  He is already going to prep school for this season, if he makes the grades there he will start the recruiting process all over again.

jackflash

If Felix has a good year he will come out in my opinion, running backs can get injured, would be taking a great risk. I hope we get Mr Watson, just like the fact that we are willing to battle somebody other than La.Tech, OK. State and others. May not win many but you tried

Adam Stokes

So would we want this guy over Dennis Johnson?  He is rated slighty higher and has better offers, and both seem to be the same kind of back. 

Hog Fan from Camden

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: ajs15razorman on July 08, 2007, 09:30:53 am
  So would we want this guy over Dennis Johnson?  He is rated slighty higher and has better offers, and both seem to be the same kind of back. 

Arkansas will sign 3 backs with Juwan Franklin and Michael Harris not qualifying. 

351hog

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 08, 2007, 11:10:26 am
Quote from: ajs15razorman on July 08, 2007, 09:30:53 am

Arkansas will sign 3 backs with Juwan Franklin and Michael Harris not qualifying. 

Curtis, Johnson, and Watson.  Would LOVE to get all of those guys. 

gohawgsgo

What time does Press Row run in the mornings?  I just figured out I can pick up 96.3 from Ft. Smith in the mornings even in Central Arkansas.  I listened to something called the Morning Buzz the other day.  I can listen to those interviews in the summer.  Please let me know on the times and if that station is correct.  Thanks, ahead.

Hawgballz

Quote from: gohawgsgo on July 09, 2007, 07:52:24 am
What time does Press Row run in the mornings?  I just figured out I can pick up 96.3 from Ft. Smith in the mornings even in Central Arkansas.  I listened to something called the Morning Buzz the other day.  I can listen to those interviews in the summer.  Please let me know on the times and if that station is correct.  Thanks, ahead.

96.3 runs the Morning Rush from 7-9 in the mornings.  Press Row is on 103.1 from 7-9.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!