Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another "HDN doesn't recruit very well" thread. Proceed with caution.

Started by Ugly Uncle, April 16, 2007, 11:25:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Rick Shaeffer said today on DTS (while responding to a caller saying that hdn only hired Gus to get the SD5) that he knew for a fact that HdN had gone to Gus and told him that he thought they should stop recruiting Mitch because (and I quote) "I don't think we can get him."

So, Rick is saying he knows for a fact the HDN wanted to give up on the POY because he didn't THINK we could get him.

When I heard that, I just said, "wow." 

Does this not bother people that he just gives up because he doesn't "think" we could get a player?
Retired Radio Host

bobetty

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Styflin on April 16, 2007, 11:28:25 pm
well of course

LOL.   You are right...that was a stupid question.  I'll just pretend I meant it to be rhetorical.
Retired Radio Host

Lanlord

3kgthog

No wonder Gus left. He knew he was in the presence of a man fueled mainly by estrogen.

jcam61

He only hired Gus because he was forced to by FB.. (what i Believe.)

Reaganite

I'm sure that's why he never sent texts to the other top recruits this year either.

His little inferiority complex is costing this program top flight recruits and coaches.  'Cause God forbid any assistant coach have more depth of knowledge or innovation than him.

See Joe Ferguson, Gus Malzahn, etc.

jcam61

Quote from: Reaganite on April 16, 2007, 11:43:44 pm
I'm sure that's why he never sent texts to the other top recruits this year either.

His little inferiority complex is costing this program top flight recruits and coaches.  'Cause God forbid any assistant coach have more depth of knowledge or innovation than him.

If he never sent texts...  wait a minute...since when were texts the best recruiting tool we had.   What Did We Do Before Texts?????????

bamalee

I will just say the media in the state of Arkansas treat there coaches alot better than they do in Alabama. I heard that today on the radio and i was stunned. That Rick guy will stand behind coach nutt to the end, man. I mean really if this story was in alabama it already be national story easy. The press here would be killing the coach,ad,the wife and donna bragg it would be B-A double d BAD baby. There is no doubt the press is behind nutt in this and having a hard time not reporting the story, because spring training is over and now there is nothing to talk about but this. When the wife of the head coach comes out with the statement Haters to the North, well that is a story, it just is. JMO

hogman64

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 16, 2007, 11:25:28 pm
Rick Shaeffer said today on DTS (while responding to a caller saying that hdn only hired Gus to get the SD5) that he knew for a fact that HdN had gone to Gus and told him that he thought they should stop recruiting Mitch because (and I quote) "I don't think we can get him."

So, Rick is saying he knows for a fact the HDN wanted to give up on the POY because he didn't THINK we could get him.

When I heard that, I just said, "wow." 

Does this not bother people that he just gives up because he doesn't "think" we could get a player?

EVERYTHING  about Houston Nutt bothers me.............

RazorRaider

Quote from: jcam61 on April 16, 2007, 11:48:23 pm

If he never sent texts...  wait a minute...since when were texts the best recruiting tool we had.   What Did We Do Before Texts?????????

Not syaing that texts are your best tool, but they can be effective. Highly prized recruits get many many texts from coaches on a daily basis.

Since Dale refused to use this tool it cost him 5 of the top 8 instate recruits to other schools.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

jcam61

Quote from: bamalee on April 16, 2007, 11:49:46 pm
I will just say the media in the state of Arkansas treat there coaches alot better than they do in Alabama. I heard that today on the radio and i was stunned. That Rick guy will stand behind coach nutt to the end, man. I mean really if this story was in alabama it already be national story easy. The press here would be killing the coach,ad,the wife and ** it would be B-A double d BAD baby. There is no doubt the press is behind nutt in this and having a hard time not reporting the story, because spring training is over and now there is nothing to talk about but this. When the wife of the head coach comes out with the statement Haters to the North, well that is a story, it just is. JMO

I've heard a lot of things about Saban already...   I dont see how they can question him without ever playing a game.   Maybe they are actually crazier than we are??...Heh

jcam61

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 16, 2007, 11:51:29 pm

If he never sent texts...  wait a minute...since when were texts the best recruiting tool we had.   What Did We Do Before Texts?????????

Not syaing that texts are your best tool, but they can be effective. Highly prized recruits get many many texts from coaches on a daily basis.

Since Dale refused to use this tool it cost him 5 of the top 8 instate recruits to other schools.

How do you know that texts are effective??   I get several texts everyday but that doesnt mean i pay attention to them.   Im much more impressed when i talk to someone directly. 

redbarn

I'm surprised Nutt doesn't just put an ad in the paper wanting football recruits.  He would probably do about as good as he does with the effort he puts out. 
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

RazorRaider

Quote from: jcam61 on April 16, 2007, 11:54:18 pm

If he never sent texts...  wait a minute...since when were texts the best recruiting tool we had.   What Did We Do Before Texts?????????

How do you know that texts are effective??   I get several texts everyday but that doesnt mean i pay attention to them.   Im much more impressed when i talk to someone directly. 

I don't think Urban Meyer would bother wasting his tiem sending boatlads of text messages to top recruits if they didn't make some kind of impact.

I do believe he had one fo the top recruiting classes this year.

Coincedence? I think not.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

jcam61

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 16, 2007, 11:56:45 pm

How do you know that texts are effective??   I get several texts everyday but that doesnt mean i pay attention to them.   Im much more impressed when i talk to someone directly. 

I don't think Urban Meyer would bother wasting his tiem sending boatlads of text messages to top recruits if they didn't make some kind of impact.

Nice opinion.  Im pretty sure Meyer talked to those same players over the phone...probably in person also.

Did Nutt talk to his potential recruits in person...   Well i have absolutley no idea..! ? ! ?

RazorRaider

Quote from: jcam61 on April 16, 2007, 11:59:10 pm

How do you know that texts are effective??   I get several texts everyday but that doesnt mean i pay attention to them.   Im much more impressed when i talk to someone directly. 

Nice opinion.  Im pretty sure he talked to those same players over the phone...probably in person also.

Did Nutt talk to his potential recruits in person...   Well i have absolutley no idea..! ? ! ?

I doubt it ,he was too busy sending text messages to TP and DB.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

jcam61

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 17, 2007, 12:00:32 am

Nice opinion.  Im pretty sure he talked to those same players over the phone...probably in person also.

Did Nutt talk to his potential recruits in person...   Well i have absolutley no idea..! ? ! ?

Oh....defeated already??   Have to bring a persons personal life into it??   Thats fine.   I know you dont know the truth and neither do I.  Until then its all speculation.

Tejano Jawg

There's nothing like having a headcoach with fire, drive, ambition, confidence, balls...
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jcam61

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on April 17, 2007, 12:03:36 am
There's nothing like having a headcoach with fire, drive, ambition, confidence, balls...

I love Pelphrey too...   WPS

RazorRaider

Quote from: jcam61 on April 17, 2007, 12:02:18 am

Did Nutt talk to his potential recruits in person...   Well i have absolutley no idea..! ? ! ?

Oh....defeated already??   Have to bring a persons personal life into it??   Thats fine.   I know you dont know the truth and neither do I.  Until then its all speculation.

I always thought there was room on a mesageboard for opinion.

If Nutt would have taken care of business (won the SEC and a BCS bowl game) none of this stuff would even be getting discussed right now.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

RazorRaider

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on April 17, 2007, 12:03:36 am

Where do we get one like that?
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

jcam61

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 17, 2007, 12:05:27 am

Oh....defeated already??   Have to bring a persons personal life into it??   Thats fine.   I know you dont know the truth and neither do I.  Until then its all speculation.

If Nutt would have taken care of business (won the SEC and a BCS bowl game) none of this stuff would even be getting discussed right now.

Thats why this seems so ridiculous to me.   When we were undefeated last year everyone loved our football team and didnt say a word about Nutt.     It's only when we lose that people bring up moral issues...etc etc.     

If they are that offensive towards Nutt they should be bringing up these issues when he is winning also...   they make themselves look like sheep...     

They have no independent thought apparrently ...    I'd like to see some fans who can think on their own.

RazorRaider

Quote from: jcam61 on April 17, 2007, 12:09:25 am

Oh....defeated already??   Have to bring a persons personal life into it??   Thats fine.   I know you dont know the truth and neither do I.  Until then its all speculation.

Thats why this seems so ridiculous to me.   When we were undefeated last year everyone loved our football team and didnt say a word about Nutt.     It's only when we lose that people bring up moral issues...etc etc.    

If they are that offensive towards Nutt they should be bringing up these issues when he is winning also...   they make themselves look like sheep...    

They have no independent thought apparrently ...    I'd like to see some fans who can think on their own.

You obviously weren't reading many of my posts as well as a host of other darksiders posts either.

I didn't turn on Nutt after we lost to LSU this year.

I got tired of watching him mismanage the show after the '03 season and never went back to his side after that.

In fact I am one fan of many who he has lost the support of forever.

The only sheep I see on this board are the ones that still defend this coach even though he has be proven to be subpar.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Ugly Uncle

Thats why this seems so ridiculous to me.   When we were undefeated last year everyone loved our football team and didnt say a word about Nutt.     It's only when we lose that people bring up moral issues...etc etc.     

If they are that offensive towards Nutt they should be bringing up these issues when he is winning also...   they make themselves look like sheep...     

You might want to recheck your facts.

People were talking about this all last year.  In fact, there was a campaign to wear black shirts in protest to HdN...DURING THE WINNING STREAK!  (by the way...we lost the first game of the season, so we were never undefeated.  Again, check your facts)

The school even changed a "black out" game to a "red out" game because the black shirt thing was hitting the news.

There were many that bought shirts that protested HdN...that the school threatened leagal action against one of the fans because of it.

There were tons of calls and emails sent to the Broyles complex.  There were tons of calls to DTS and SR.

There were A LOT of post on here about it.

You might want to educate yourself on the facts before you post something like this again.

Retired Radio Host

RazorRaider

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 17, 2007, 12:16:36 am

Thats why this seems so ridiculous to me.   When we were undefeated last year everyone loved our football team and didnt say a word about Nutt.     It's only when we lose that people bring up moral issues...etc etc.    

If they are that offensive towards Nutt they should be bringing up these issues when he is winning also...   they make themselves look like sheep...    

People were talking about this all last year.  In fact, there was a campaign to wear black shirts in protest to HdN...DURING THE WINNING STREAK!  (by the way...we lost the first game of the season, so we were never undefeated.  Again, check your facts)

The school even changed a "black out" game to a "red out" game because the black shirt thing was hitting the news.

There were many that bought shirts that protested HdN...that the school threatened leagal action against one of the fans because of it.

There were tons of calls and emails sent to the Broyles complex.  There were tons of calls to DTS and SR.

You might want to educate yourself on the facts before you post something like this again.

I think jcam just got owned.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

jcam61

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 17, 2007, 12:12:39 am

You obviously weren't reading many of my posts as well as a host of other darksiders posts either.

I got tired of watching him mismanage the show after the '03 season and never went back to his side after that.

The only sheep I see on this board are the ones that still defend this coach even though he has be proven to be subpar.

You're right ...I must have been absent.   I thought this board was generally happy when the Razorback Football team was winning games.     I guess we shouldve been upset that we were winning with such an "awful" coach.     

In the long run I guess thats the difference....     I want to WIN...   YOU want coaches that suit you.   Good luck on finding your coach.

3kgthog

Screw the t-shirt blackout this season. We should all snag Holiday Inn t-shirts instead.

bamalee

We Love Saban so far, really. The press dont like him, because he does not kiss there butt. Unlike in Arkansas we have two teams in the state and it is year round war. The media here is mostly Auburn fans, but bama sales alot better in this state good or bad. Auburn goes 14-0 and the press talks about bama and that is the truth. The story going on in arkansas really interesting to be not because of donna bragg. The story of MM,GM,HN,DN, and TP and how this all will play out. The Razorbacks are my second favorite team, I was born in arkansas. My step dad brother played for the hogs back in the 70's. I watched the hogs play smu with pony express in little rock and win. Long time ago, back when i wore razorback tennis shoes.

RazorRaider

Quote from: jcam61 on April 17, 2007, 12:20:05 am

You're right ...I must have been absent.   I thought this board was generally happy when the Razorback Football team was winning games.     I guess we shouldve been upset that we were winning with such an "awful" coach.    

In the long run I guess thats the difference....     I want to WIN...   YOU want coaches that suit you.   Good luck on finding your coach.

Well if you want to win championships you are supporting the wrong coach.

He is the longest tenured coach at a BCS affilated school to never even make an appearence at a BCS bowl game.

And when you play in teh SEC if you don't make a BCS bowl game that means you didn't win the SEC title.

I want a coach that can bring the SEC title home.

One that can get us to a BCS bowl game and win it.

Good luck in supporting your subpar coach. :)
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

jcam61

Oh im sure you are someone who can just say "educate yourself"   and every other sheep just jumps behind you and cheers...   

All of your points are meaningless.    Calls,,,calls,,, shirts,,,,campaigns,,,shirts,,,,calls,,,calls,,campaigjns,,,calls,,,....shirts..     Who CARES??

Ugly Uncle

You're right ...I must have been absent.   I thought this board was generally happy when the Razorback Football team was winning games.     I guess we shouldve been upset that we were winning with such an "awful" coach.     

In the long run I guess thats the difference....     I want to WIN...   YOU want coaches that suit you.   Good luck on finding your coach.

Let me refer you to many post that I posted.

I kept saying DURING THE WINNING STREAK...that HdN's philosophy of being too conservative and not developing a passing game would cost us.  It had cost us 2-3 games a year every year he has been here.  I kept saying, "it hasn't cost us yet this year...and it may not, but it will again.  His lack of coaching ability will cost again."

I wasn't the only one.  Hmmmm...how many games did it cost us this year?  Yeah...that is what I thought.

Enjoy supporting a coach that cost us 2-3 games a year.  I hate losing...you want your coach.  Good luck supporting your coach.
Retired Radio Host

jcam61

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 17, 2007, 12:24:18 am

Well if you want to win championships you are supporting the wrong coach.

He is the longest tenured coach at a BCS affilated school to never even make an appearence at a BCS bowl game.

And when you play in teh SEC if you don't make a BCS bowl game that means you didn't win the SEC title.

I want a coach that can bring the SEC title home.

One that can get us to a BCS bowl game and win it.

Good luck in supporting your subpar coach. :)

Now you are finally making an argument at least....   

I just cant stand people who attack HDN personally.,..that is all

RazorRaider

Quote from: jcam61 on April 17, 2007, 12:26:24 am

Oh im sure you are someone who can just say "educate yourself"   and every other sheep just jumps behind you and cheers...  

All of your points are meaningless.    Calls,,,calls,,, shirts,,,,campaigns,,,shirts,,,,calls,,,calls,,campaigjns,,,calls,,,....shirts..     Who CARES??

How are his points meaningless?

Everything he stated was fact.

No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Ugly Uncle

Oh im sure you are someone who can just say "educate yourself"   and every other sheep just jumps behind you and cheers...   

All of your points are meaningless.    Calls,,,calls,,, shirts,,,,campaigns,,,shirts,,,,calls,,,calls,,campaigjns,,,calls,,,....shirts..     Who CARES??

Well, since it absolute contridicted and proved everything you had said in the previous post wrong...I guess it was somewhat relevant.

Retired Radio Host

jcam61

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 17, 2007, 12:29:12 am

Well, since it absolute contridicted and proved everything you had said in the previous post wrong...I guess it was somewhat relevant.

Proved me wrong how?

hogchic2001

There's only so much that people can take from HDN.  I can state my opinions about him because I pay his salary along with everyone else in this state.  He wasted our money by texting his "friend" instead of doing his job which at that time was recruiting and getting ready for a bowl game.  IMO he is an awful coach and let his feelings get in the way of coaching!  Why else did those 5* players leave.  I can tell you it wasn't because of playing time.  Hmmm.........
Go HOGS Go!

RazorRaider

Quote from: mrszimme2001 on April 17, 2007, 12:41:06 am
There's only so much that people can take from HDN.  I can state my opinions about him because I pay his salary along with everyone else in this state.  He wasted our money by texting his "friend" instead of doing his job which at that time was recruiting and getting ready for a bowl game.  IMO he is an awful coach and let his feelings get in the way of coaching!  Why else did those 5* players leave.  I can tell you it wasn't because of playing time.  Hmmm.........

Now now you know huggers always cry foul when you use facts. :)

Keep up the good work.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: jcam61 on April 17, 2007, 12:37:54 am

Proved me wrong how?

Are you serious? 
Retired Radio Host

RazorRaider

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 17, 2007, 12:43:19 am
Quote from: jcam61 on April 17, 2007, 12:37:54 am

Oh im sure you are someone who can just say "educate yourself"   and every other sheep just jumps behind you and cheers...  

All of your points are meaningless.    Calls,,,calls,,, shirts,,,,campaigns,,,shirts,,,,calls,,,calls,,campaigjns,,,calls,,,....shirts..     Who CARES??

Proved me wrong how?

Are you serious? 

Honestly UU I think the guy is serious.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

TomasPistola

It's like spitballs against a battleship...

UGLYUNCLE FOR AD!!!!

FIRE NUTT!!!
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

jcam61

There has to be two sides to that.  But I'm sure most fans wont see it that way.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: jcam61 on April 17, 2007, 12:45:58 am

There has to be two sides to that.  But I'm sure most fans wont see it that way.

Speaking of sheep....good luck with that.

Most of the Arkansas fans are becoming or already are well informed.  That is why they won't see it that way.  The truth is getting out there, despite the best efforts of HdN and the BAC.
Retired Radio Host

hogchic2001

You know, I tried to be diplomatic for most of the season..I tried to dismiss all the rumors and people kept saying wait till the end of the season....BAM!  Everything happened!  I don't know how there can be 2 sides to the text messaging story. 
Go HOGS Go!

RazorRaider

Quote from: mrszimme2001 on April 17, 2007, 12:51:14 am
You know, I tried to be diplomatic for most of the season..I tried to dismiss all the rumors and people kept saying wait till the end of the season....BAM!  Everything happened!  I don't know how there can be 2 sides to the text messaging story. 

Oh I am sure if Nutt hired some of those Hollywood script writers they could come up with a second side to the text messaging story.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

jcam61

All i can say is...     Most people Hate Nutt SOOO  much ..they are going to agree with any post that comes out against him BLINDLY.   All I'm asking is that we ask ourselves how legitimate these things are before we take them first hand. 

Dont BLINDLY follow everyone else about Nutt.  I think some people will start to realize that we are making a mistake by bastardizing one person when there is definately more than one person to blame.

TomasPistola

Quote from: jcam61 on April 17, 2007, 12:52:37 am
All i can say is...     Most people Hate Nutt SOOO  much ..they are going to agree with any post that comes out against him BLINDLY.   All I'm asking is that we ask ourselves how legitimate these things are before we take them first hand. 

Dont BLINDLY follow everyone else about Nutt.  I think some people will start to realize that we are making a mistake by bastardizing one person when there is definately more than one person to blame.

True, but Broyles is stepping down in December. So that's one outta the way...
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

RazorRaider

Quote from: jcam61 on April 17, 2007, 12:52:37 am
All i can say is...     Most people Hate Nutt SOOO  much ..they are going to agree with any post that comes out against him BLINDLY.   All I'm asking is that we ask ourselves how legitimate these things are before we take them first hand. 

Well we are getting rid of Frank at the end of the yer ( I still think letting him stay that long is a mistake).

Nutt has to go.

If Nutt goes I can only think of one assistant on staff that a new coach would keep and that would be Tracy Rocker (I think he ought to get a shot at being DC I think he would be good at it) which would mean many of our assistant coaching problems would be gone.

And I am still undecided about Chancellor White on whether he needs to go or not.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.