Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clean House at the UA

Started by Newport Hog, April 03, 2007, 10:07:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Newport Hog

Get rid of John White,Frank Brolyes and Houston Nutt and well all know why.  White shady and he has shown he not a good leader from how Stan was fired to the way he has acted during this whole mess by tell Stan he was okay.

Frank well he done a lot of good ,however he is old okay and lets face it it hard for men that old to function, he botch Houston two years to Malzahan thang to now the coaching search. Yea some have said it not his fault however Texas AM made him look foolish, and he didn't even have Billy G phone number and couldn't get in contact with him. Frank did a lot but its his time to go not in 2008 but now.

Houston Nutt well we all know why he needs to go, record,disappointment, and being dishonest.

These 3 guys have brought so much drama on the hill that its starting not be fun to be a hog fan, nothing simple  no more fire someone drama, keep someone drama. I love the hogs but I hate to see what has happen so our program so get rid of them all.

justin_nhs

I totally agree, Newport Hog! :) :razorback:

Newport Hog

Justme

Definitely needs a cleaning.  I don't think White stands a chance against the wiles of Broyles, Lindsey, Nutt, etc.  Outnumbered.  If the other BOT's don't take a stand, this place will stay dirty.

justin_nhs

:razorback:What is happening in Hog nation is really making the whole state look like a complete circus, even up here in NEA. :razorback:

wawa111

Well we need to fire a lot of fans too...haven't been real loyal to the hogs...FIRE THE FANS and get some better ones..

Cartoon Man

justin_nhs

:razorback: I will definitely still buy season tickets and be at every basketball and football game I can make it too, but it just makes us look a little bad.  I'll take some blame too b/c we definitely have been too hard on the Admins involved. :razorback:

Newport Hog

Fans aint got nothing to do with this, the higher ups and screwing this up for us. How can you blame the fans for this.

wawa111

we didn't give a coach a chance...he was basically booed all over the state...Everyone let it be known that he wasn't good enough for Arkansas...Why would he stay...Hell who would...Fans in this state think everyone owes them something....Wake up...Its not all about the fans...Its about those kids who are out there laying it all on the line to entertain you...

jrohog

THere will be no credibility in the U of A ath
Quote from: Newport Hog on April 03, 2007, 10:07:25 pm
Get rid of John White,Frank Brolyes and Houston Nutt and well all know why.  White shady and he has shown he not a good leader from how Stan was fired to the way he has acted during this whole mess by tell Stan he was okay.

Frank well he done a lot of good ,however he is old okay and lets face it it hard for men that old to function, he botch Houston two years to Malzahan thang to now the coaching search. Yea some have said it not his fault however Texas AM made him look foolish, and he didn't even have Billy G phone number and couldn't get in contact with him. Frank did a lot but its his time to go not in 2008 but now.

Houston Nutt well we all know why he needs to go, record,disappointment, and being dishonest.

These 3 guys have brought so much drama on the hill that its starting not be fun to be a hog fan, nothing simple  no more fire someone drama, keep someone drama. I love the hogs but I hate to see what has happen so our program so get rid of them all.
All credibility is lost until this is done, but don't think it will ever happen while Lindsey is in charge.

justin_nhs

Quote from: Newport Hog on April 03, 2007, 10:32:12 pm
Fans aint got nothing to do with this, the higher ups and screwing this up for us. How can you blame the fans for this.

:razorback: Some fans complain and complain and complain...  Probably part of the reason that the Creighton coach decided not to come, if he looked on this board for 5 seconds.  Let's get up on our team cheer them to another winning season!!!  :razorback:

:razorback: :razorback: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!    PIIIGGG!!!!!SOOOOOOIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback:

Newport Hog

Dude, if negative fans is the reason he left then he needs to stay at that crappy private school because he not a real coach, and no wonder he got a name like Dana

Justme

Quote from: jrohog on April 03, 2007, 10:35:16 pm
THere will be no credibility in the U of A ath

All credibility is lost until this is done, but don't think it will ever happen while Lindsey is in charge.
Surely some of those other board members have the sense to out vote Lindsey.  They are making a mockery of things.  They should have never left Broyles in charge of anything.  Huge mistake and it's come back to make them look like fools.

wawa111

Yeah...no wonder he has taken Creighton to the tourney the last 7 years...You are right he probably isn't a real coach because he doesn't want his family to have to put up with Dumbarses like you.

Newport Hog

Dude did  you see the press conference he wanst any better than Stan was, what an idoit. He acted like he was too good for us so im glad he gone, bye bye. If a coach cant take was us as fans can dishout then who needs it, we care about our program around here, dude was a wierdo from Nebraska anyway.

James K. Pork

Quote from: wawa111 on April 03, 2007, 10:34:33 pm
we didn't give a coach a chance...he was basically booed all over the state...Everyone let it be known that he wasn't good enough for Arkansas...Why would he stay...Hell who would...Fans in this state think everyone owes them something....Wake up...Its not all about the fans...Its about those kids who are out there laying it all on the line to entertain you...

The fans are always at fault.  The fans told Broyles and his cronies to leak Gillispie's ultimate hire.  The fans told Broyles to give Houston Nutt a two-year free pass he would never have gotten anywhere else in the SEC.  The fans were clearly at fault for the moronic behavior of the football coach this off-season.

Is there any accountability in that athletic department?  Or is it an ego-trip for an octogenerian holding on for dear life?  Maybe we should change the title of Jerry Lee Lewis's song and apply it where it properly belongs:

He's a old-age crazy.  Tryin' to prove he still can...

I don't believe Altman's actions are his fault.  But this whole process looks as if we're moving one or two steps behind everyone else.  We made it easy for aTm to keep Gillispie because JFB telegraphed every move we made.  If we had someone competent like Jeremy Foley or Mike Hamilton in the AD role, then we wouldn't be sitting here talking about the need to hire a search firm several days late.

Kentucky is looking for a coach as well.  It will not take Mitch Barnhart weeks to do his job.

ConHawg

Not about the fans?  If fans don't go, then how will the U have the $ to pay the salary?  It is very much about the fans.  Don't think for a minute that I like any of this.  I could not really make up my mind about Stan with his schizo team.  But, the fans are the ones who pay all of the paychecks at the end of the day.

Newport Hog

So bascially your saying us as fans ran him off and that he didnt want his family to have to put up with  the messege boards lol, come on now, your basically saying he soft and we dont need soft coaches around here anyway. dude got fired at KSU and he went to the second round a few time in the NCAA that not a great coach dude, check your self on the attitude partner.

MajorLance

You know, ReservoirHog had a fitting idea about the big-top theme for BWA with the clowns, monkeys, bearded ladies & such...my reply leads me this troubling thought:

We would do no worse in our handling of the BB coach search if Burt Reynolds were AD..for that matter, Jerry Reed could be our football coach & Dom Deluise or Jackie Gleason the Chancellor...and they could all chatter away at prospective candidates in broken 70s CB-lingo...and they could STILL do no worse than the current administration.

Yes, clean house....

hmmm...on further thought, maybe the aforementioned actors would be fitting for a movie to chronicle the antics on The Hill?
People are strange when you're a stranger...

Cartoon Man

Tell then Newport.  I think Ol' Houston and Danny are on the board.

Cartoon Man

Newport Hog

Frank is too old, John not strong enough and Nutt has no class at all get rid of them.

ArkiePup

Newport Hog

Let get rid of these clowns,

TheShow

AFWarrior83

Frank thought we had low ticket sales before lol! Man this ship is going under so fast it just messes Arkansas up!
Hogville member since 2005.

Newport Hog

Man dude it 2am in the morning give me a break LOL, you right thou LOL.

Newport Hog

Its true, 2007 is been the year of Drama from Emails to Gus,Mitch,Damain leaving to firing Stan, and now we can't get a coach. The year of Drama on the Hill.  Funny noone held accountable for it either.

justin_nhs

:razorback: I hold Newport Hog accountable for everything!  All in favor, say 'I.'  :razorback:

Newport Hog

razorrog1

Mongo just pawn in game of life.........

jim hog

The board of trusties really needs to step up big. Arkansas is in dire need of a truly professional AD. I'm beginning to have doubts about the desirable qualities, including leadership capabilities of the chancellor. Gee whiz we're in desperate need of some competent leadership.

OnYourToes

Quote from: justin_nhs on April 04, 2007, 08:15:10 am
  :razorback: I hold Newport Hog accountable for everything!  All in favor, say 'I.'  :razorback:

I
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Newport Hog

Jim Hog I agree, sad time to be  a hog fan.

Marshfieldhog

The BOT needs to fire John White, appoint a new interim chancellor who will then fire Frank Broyles( on the spot) and HDN( on the spot). It's time to clean house, this is to the point of absurd..what an embarrasement.

OnYourToes

April 04, 2007, 08:42:37 am #36 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:45:32 am by OnYourToes
Quote from: justin_nhs on April 03, 2007, 10:24:45 pm
:razorback:What is happening in Hog nation is really making the whole state look like a complete circus, even up here in NEA. :razorback:

No kidding.
My wife and I were watching the news last night and even in Springfield MO the local news announced that Altman had changed his mind and was not going to Arkansas.
The sports guy then went on to say that this is the 6th coach that has turned down Arkansas.

My wife, who was not aware of the pandimonia that is Arkansas Razorback sports until she met me, commented on it and said, somewhat condecendingly, "Isn't it bad for a coach to say yes then say no and leave?"
I said, "Yes honey it is", then I said Iwas tired and turnned off the TV.

This situation is getting bad, not only for me and my beloved Hogs, but for my home life  ;).  I have to try day in and day out to prove that my actions and craziness for the Hogs are ligit and required behavior for being a Hog fan, and that she should join in, but things like this happens and it sets me back a long way.

C'mon Frank, just leave. Is it worth all this junk just so you can say you spent a certian amount of time here?  Is it worth it to look the other way on "had outs" or to not be informed b/c you are on the 12th Tee at Augusta.  People your age play golf all the time, it's called RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: wawa111 on April 03, 2007, 10:26:04 pm
Well we need to fire a lot of fans too...haven't been real loyal to the hogs...FIRE THE FANS and get some better ones..
Quote from: justin_nhs on April 03, 2007, 10:31:18 pm
  :razorback: I will definitely still buy season tickets and be at every basketball and football game I can make it too, but it just makes us look a little bad.  I'll take some blame too b/c we definitely have been too hard on the Admins involved. :razorback:
Quote from: wawa111 on April 03, 2007, 10:41:52 pm
Yeah...no wonder he has taken Creighton to the tourney the last 7 years...You are right he probably isn't a real coach because he doesn't want his family to have to put up with Dumbarses like you.
Quote from: wawa111 on April 03, 2007, 10:34:33 pm

First who do you suggest holds this three ring circus accountable? THE FANS!  Who do you think pays for this three ring circus? THE FANS! Who do you think pays for the educations for the ones who "puts it on the line" THE TAX PAYING FANS! Who do you think pays this Adminastration to oversee this three ring circus!? THE TAX PAYING FANS! Finally, if your gonna get upwards of 2 million dollars in salary, you better have the metal to stand the heat! I receive a whole lot more grieve for a whole lot less pay! The only statement I agree with you is that I am a Dumbarse to continue supporting this program. 
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Tfnmusic

I don't think people should be blaming the fans for this...Especially considering pretty much every single person on this board is a hog fan, or else they wouldn't be wasting their time...

You can only take so much crap without getting frustrated. The Houston Nutt ordeal was enough to frustrate us, now the basketball program has been swallowed by bull...

Glad to know they will probably leave the baseball program alone. Broyles wanted to go out in a blaze of glory but it is totally blowing up in his face. Something HUGE needs to happen, if we got a bad A Athletic director, or a new FB coach, or BB even, it could really help turn a lot of things around. The sad thing is that we are all going to look at Houston Nutt this year in interviews and what not, and say to to ourselves, what an idiot. Not going to feel the same watching the hogs this year...

Newport Hog

It is there destroying what it is to be a hog fan!!!!!!

PurpleHog

April 04, 2007, 09:09:52 am #40 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 09:12:56 am by PurpleHog
Initially, a lot of people pointed their fingers at Gus and the Springdale players and parents. Well, guess what? Gus is gone, Damian is gone, and Mitch is leaving, but the drama just keeps on. First, Emailgate and then Cellgate and Textgate and now Coachgate. What's next, Gradegate?

The constants here are, John White, Frank Broyles, and Houston Nutt. The poster is right on. Clean the dang house, and then burn it down if you have to, but the disease that exists up on that hill has to be destroyed.

Newport Hog

I agree Purple Hog, very sad!!!!!

LuckyGiraffe

Everyone should start emailing all the trustees to make a change at this week's board meeting.  If Wally is telling the truth, then there is no way that Frank & John could have been in the dark about all of this.  Rescind Frank's resignation, and put both of them out on their asses on Friday!!!

Let's clean up the crap, bring in a new AD and get things headed back in the right direction.

List of AD's:
1) Tom Jurich - Louisville
2) ... well I guess that is where my list stops.  Open the coffers to get the man here, and he will lead us back to prominence.  It will not take him long to fire DMW.

Newport Hog

Sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cradlehog

Since White wants the glory - White deserves the blame!  Too many 'unfortunate' events in our athletic program to just be left to chance.  No school has this much 'bad' luck!

5 little pigs

The moron that said it is the fans fault is smoking something!!!  The fans want the best or at least a significant effort and we are not getting what we are paying for with Broyles and (especially) Nutt.  Heath had class and was close to turning the corner and now Broyles creates this train wreck.  Are you satisfied with the way things are going?  Wake up!!!  The fans aren't calling the shots.....inefficient people are!!!

razornole

I'm not ready to endorse dumping White.  He did try and fire Frank.  I am ready, and have been, to get frankendork outta there asap
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

justin_nhs

Sorry, but no one in their right mind can say the fans have '0' to do with this.  They may not have started this, but are making it worse day by day.  Not all fans, but the majority on here.

Final point, we're at rock bottom right now... I say we schedule ASU, UCA, and UAPB.  We could very well win 2 games with that tenure!

Newport Hog

Fans dont have anythang to do with this, there some idoits running our program up there that have everythang to do with it.

Lanlord

Quote from: justin_nhs on April 04, 2007, 07:53:27 pm
Sorry, but no one in their right mind can say the fans have '0' to do with this.  They may not have started this, but are making it worse day by day.  Not all fans, but the majority on here.

Final point, we're at rock bottom right now... I say we schedule ASU, UCA, and UAPB.  We could very well win 2 games with that tenure!

I think we are playing them in football this year. :-)