Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogan v Lawler - 4/27/07, Memphis

Started by hydrophonic, April 03, 2007, 10:05:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hydrophonic

I've been sittin on this for a while, thinking that our resident Memphis Wrestling expert should break the news first.  But since Greg hasn't posted in a while and this is now "officially official"...

QuoteThe Wrestling Observer is reporting that Hulk Hogan vs. Jerry Lawler has been officially signed to take place on April 27 in Memphis, TN at the Mid South Coliseum. This would be the first time in over 25 years that the two have wrestled each other. This storyline has been building over the last month or so on Memphis Wrestling TV. Of course, this is the plan at the moment as anything can change late (especially given Hogan's pattern of pulling out of planned matches and storylines).
"The future sucks." "Change it."

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Big Papa Satan

I am soooooo getting tickets to that.

Hogan sure as hell had better not back out.

Big Papa Satan

What I want to know is will Hogan actually put over Lawler in Memphis.

You'd think you'd put the hometown guy over, but with HH's ego....

hydrophonic

From what I understand, the storyline on Memphis TV is that Hogan is pissed that Lawler still talks about beating Hogan 20+ years ago.  I'd be surprised if Hogan does the honors.

I hope to make the show, but it'll be about a 6 hour drive from Tulsa.

Big Papa Satan

It's only an hour from here.  The Coliseum is a dump, though.

Newport Hog

If u go into that part of Mempho becareful lol

hydrophonic

I haven't been able to find any ticket info yet.

Either I can't find it or Memphis Wrestling doesn't have a website.  I don't like either option.

jbell96

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 07, 2007, 06:24:55 pm
It's only an hour from here.  The Coliseum is a dump, though.

It was a dump 13 years ago when my buddies from school & I would drive down on Mondays. I'm surprised it hasn't hasn't been condemned by the city of Memphis.

hydrophonic

Finally...

More info if you follow the link.  I've been going overboard with the copy/paste stuff.  I'm surprised Douglas hasn't kicked my ass yet.

QuotePWInsider is reporting that tickets for the Memphis Wrestling event on April 27 being headlined by Jerry Lawler vs. Hulk Hogan will go on sale this Saturday through Ticketmaster.

It should be noted that the event is now being held at the Fed Ex Forum in Memphis and not the Mid-South Coliseum.
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1176105591.shtml

russell33

its been moved to the fed-ex forum. hogan was on the bubba the love sponge show pimping the event. trying to get randy savage and a few others to join him. should be fun

Big Papa Satan

Good, good.  The FEF isn't a bad arena at all.

jbell96

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 10, 2007, 12:49:38 am
Good, good.  The FEF isn't a bad arena at all.

Now you don't have to worry about getting mugged at the MSC.

hydrophonic

Tickebastard doesn't list the event under "on sale soon" yet.

lawlerisking

I've seen a Memphis newspaper ad, along with a mention on the radio about the show. Tickets will definitely be on sale this Saturday, the 14th. The local wrestling TV show w/Cory Maclin is calling it a Legends Show. However, I have not heard any other wrestlers announced. They tried to get the show at the Mid-South Coliseum, but as someone said earlier, the building is in disrepair. The move to the FedExForum had nothing to do with the expected crowd. I suspect the Coliseum would have been big enough.

russell33

the press conference is thursday. other matches and ticket prices will be announced there as well

hydrophonic

You called it Russell.

QuotePWInsider is reporting that a press conference will be taking place tomorrow at 11:00am at the Fed Ex Forum for the scheduled Hulk Hogan vs. Jerry Lawler match for Memphis Wrestling. The press conference will officially announce the match between the two for Friday, April 27 in Memphis.

Hogan and Lawler are both scheduled to appear at the press conference. Hogan is also slated to appear on this weekend's edition of Memphis Wrestling TV to promote the match further as well. Tickets for the event on April 27 at the Fed Ex Forum will go on sale this Saturday featuring additional talent and matches. Ticket prices will be revealed very soon
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1176318287.shtml

hydrophonic

QuoteThe Wrestling Observer is reporting that the Memphis Wrestling event on April 27 at the Fed Ex Forum in Memphis, TN featuring Hulk Hogan vs. Jerry Lawler will be billed as "PMG Clash of the Legends."

The event, which is no doubt one of the biggest indy events in the United States in many years geared towards a larger audience, is also slated to feature former WCW and WWE star The Big Show. Big Show will be using a new ring name of Giant Paul Wight. Other talent scheduled for the show includes Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake, Jimmy Valiant, Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Brian Lawler, Koko B. Ware, Abdullah The Butcher, The Barbarian and Jim Cornette.
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1176347677.shtml

hydrophonic

Quote from: ASWFPromoter on April 12, 2007, 09:44:49 am----Tickets will be on sale for the event starting at 10:00 AM at the box office at the FedEx Forum or you may buy them at Ticketmaster locations or online at http://www.ticketmaster.com/. Ticket prices are $62, $47, $37 and $22. If you buy them from Ticketmaster, there is a $6.75 "Convenience Charge". Most tickets will be bought from Ticketmaster or online, so the average ticket price for this event is going to be a whopping $47.25.

YIKES!

Thanks Aaron, good info.

hydrophonic

>:(

I guess work needs to pick up because I'm just sitting at my desk being pi$$ed about this.  How badly is this show flawed?  Let me count the ways:

1. Details about the event are only becoming available 15 days before the show and tickets go on sale a mere 13 days before the show.
2. It's on a Friday, restricting attendance to those close to Memphis or with the means to take a day or part of a day off work for travel.
3. It's at the FedEx Forum.  I know a lot of y'all would rather it be there, but if I'm going to Memphis to see Jerry Lawler then I want to see him in the building where he gave Andy Kaufman the pile driver.
4. It's the weekend before Memphis In May.  I'm not going to MIM, so to make this point personal it's the weekend after I'm going to Las Vegas.
5. Ticket prices are $62, $47, $37 & $22 plus the $6.75 Ticketbastard.com "convenience fee."

Newport Hog

I wouldnt pay no more than 15bucks thanks Hulk!!!!!!!  If it was 15 buck u probably sell tha baby out.

lawlerisking

I received a verbal report from someone that saw part of the press conference on local TV. I was told that Lawler is now out of the match, replaced by The Big Show. This now seems to be more about Hogan than Lawler. Somehow, I suspect that Vince McMahon is behind Lawler's removal from the show. I'm trying to find a link to the news conference. I'll post it if possible later, or at least try to verify and update what is going on. Something smells fishy here, and it's not the ring girls.

hydrophonic

Good job lawlerisking.  Much more if you follow the link.

QuotePWInsider is reporting that at today's scheduled Memphis Wrestling press conference at the Fed Ex Forum, it was announced that the planned Hulk Hogan vs. Jerry Lawler match on April 27 is now off. Instead, Hogan will now face former WCW & WWE star Paul "Big Show" Wight in the main event.

Jerry Lawler stated at the press conference that he was called into the WWE offices this past Monday and asked if he was going to face Hulk Hogan in Memphis.
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1176403743.shtml

hellrazor

From lordsofpain.net
QuoteIn the wake of requiring Jerry Lawler to withdraw from the 4/27 PMG "Clash of the Legends" match with Hulk Hogan, WWE pulled Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas and The Boogeyman from Friday's Memphis Wrestling event.
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

jbell96

I'm willing to bet this thing doesn't happen.

hydrophonic

Big Papa Satan

Jimmy Hart was on KAIT in Jonesboro the other day on the noon show promoting the event.  He said straight up that Vince pulled Lawler from it. 

Another Big Show-Hogan match.  You know it's going to be some kind of suck.

hydrophonic

QuotePWInsider is reporting that ticket sales have been pretty slow thus far for Memphis Wrestling's "PMG Clash of the Legends" event on April 27 in Memphis, TN. According to reports, only 1,500 tickets have been sold for the event so far.
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1176966780.shtml

Bomis Hawg

Wow.  Talk about your turn of events.
Wight v. Hogan.  Two guys that have probably witnessed their best days in the buisness.
Lawler has also, but I'd be willing to bet he's in better shape than both of the others.