Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

103.7 Just reported Calipari...

Started by moses_007, April 01, 2007, 02:22:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

isn't coming to Arkansas.  Now folks its on to plan C.  Guess it will be Altman, but I can't get too excited about that.  :razorback:

badbrad

McDuck

Did they quote the CA or have another source?
IF YOU HEAR THE QUACK IT'S TOO LATE!

WilsonHog

Hollywood_HOGan

football17

Quote from: moses_007 on April 01, 2007, 02:22:58 pm
isn't coming to Arkansas.  Now folks its on to plan C.  Guess it will be Altman, but I can't get too excited about that.  :razorback:

Did 103.7 report this or did Fox Sports Radio report this? Fox Sports Radio has been saying all day that Calipari says he's not interested. But that means nothing.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hogfansince1964

Next on the list should be Mike Montgomery.

Then Anthony Grant.

If we still can't get a coach by that time, maybe we should just let the players coach themselves.

hawgette

It's still Fox Sports radio on 103.7 here.  Did someone from the local media comeon and say it?

Bad_Intentions

We're screwed! Say hello to your new coach, Dana Altman.

Just doesn't sound right, does it?
WPS!!

Table Rocker

i feel like alabama football......the bright side of that is there is still hope

SexyBeast77

No, they don't understand.
There is no local coverage on Sunday. It's Fox Radio probably reporting what ESPN is reporting
that the Memphis Commerical Appeal is reporting. So basically nothing new.

moses_007

I just can't believe Broyles left the Final Four and went home without having a name "signed on the dotted line."
Why didn't JFB stay through the weekend...he could still be there interviewing today and tomorrow morning and afternoon.  Broyles I really thought last night you had pulled off a miracle, but now I sense this move wasn't any improvement over the BG saga. :razorback:

RazorNick

How ironic.......we were trying to get Memphos coach and end up with Dana >:(

wooo

103.7 is not local programming on weekends

national stuff, therefore probably related to the Comm Appeal article with "sources close to Calapari"

IPig

Frank it, I give up.  Just go ahead and do it and pull the trigger and hire Dickey Nutt

Oliver

Quote from: MitchM on April 01, 2007, 02:30:31 pm
**** it, I give up.  Just go ahead and do it and pull the trigger and hire Dickey Nutt

He'd probably turn us down too.

football17

THIS IS A VERY MISLEADING THREAD... NOTHING HAS CHANGED...

Razorbackssports

They also made a real good point on that show about how it would make more sense if we bring in our new AD and then let them perform the new coach search, of course even they admitted that is not going to happen here...that it is Frank Broyles. They went on to say that it is an embarrassing situation especially now.

MrsPiggy

Quote from: moses_007 on April 01, 2007, 02:30:14 pm
I just can't believe Broyles left the Final Four and went home without having a name "signed on the dotted line."
Why didn't JFB stay through the weekend...he could still be there interviewing today and tomorrow morning and afternoon.  Broyles I really thought last night you had pulled off a miracle, but now I sense this move wasn't any improvement over the BG saga. :razorback:

well apparently getting this wrapped up before the Masters is more important than finding the right coach

HogsGranpa

Quote from: MitchM on April 01, 2007, 02:30:31 pm
**** it, I give up.  Just go ahead and do it and pull the trigger and hire Dickey Nutt
I doubt if Dicky Nutt would come.  He is probably waiting on the Okla State job to open.

MrsPiggy

Quote from: football17 on April 01, 2007, 02:31:18 pm
THIS IS A VERY MISLEADING THREAD... NOTHING HAS CHANGED...

you're right nothing's changed...everyone's telling us no and we still don't have a coach

bgsisco

I just want to know why everyone is so confident we could even get Dana Altman.  Hasn't he been turning schools away for years now.  I don't want him and the hope I hold out is that he will turn us down and we can "settle" for someone else

moses_007

Go on over to the Masters JFB and leave us here another week dangling on a thread.  We won't need another basketball coach for at least six months anyway.  :razorback:

whoisjohngalt

Mike Montgomery and Anthony Grant?  Don't get ahead of yourselves there, piggies. Any good JUCO coaches fired recently?

arkjay19

HawgAlude

YEP it is done -- Crap man I really wish media outlets here would get information correct before they throw stuff out-- how about just an announcement when they hire someone-- another up and comer or mid major for us....

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10102203

FINISHED -- White needs to hire an AD then hire a basketball coach

Razorbackssports

Time to start up the Looney Tunes Music again!

JusJim

Quote from: moses_007 on April 01, 2007, 02:22:58 pm
103.7 in Little Rock?  This time of day they're playing fox sports....was it them or did someone local break in with the info?

slopinhogs

you know we love the Hogs and want them happy, but today i heard them crying in their sleep.

the night was black and the rain was falling down we're looking for a coach but none to be found.

i'll follow your footsteps all day long but not joining you in your endless sleep endless sleep.

a Calipari or Altman is the rumors i've heard but i think Grant is the dude we need for this herd.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

moses_007

Anyone care to play musical coaches?  It's a new board game started at the University of Arkansas. :razorback:

moses_007

Quote from: slopinhogs on April 01, 2007, 02:38:24 pm
you know we love the Hogs and want them happy, but today i heard them crying in their sleep.

the night was black and the rain was falling down we're looking for a coach but none to be found.

i'll follow your footsteps all day long but not joining you in your endless sleep endless sleep.

a Calipari or Altman is the rumors i've heard but i think Grant is the dude we need for this herd.

Amen guys.

forrest city joe

Broyles must love being turned down. but it sure as hell hates the program.