Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't count out JC yet

Started by BRC0180, April 01, 2007, 12:57:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BRC0180

KinkosHog

jrparrish

i think tomorrow will be sunshine with partly cloudy skies.

Sonofahog

Well,  then I will just mark it down as a done deal!
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

SLC

I'll believe it when I see it.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

Hogstocking

Blazin Burrito is pretty darn good. I ate there for the first time yesterday.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: stillahog on April 01, 2007, 01:00:24 pm

You can also book it, bank on it, and take it to the bank!  Maybe in the next 48 hours!

LoseAnutt

Steve Shields will be our new head coach! Announcement tomorrow afternoon!

Sonofahog

Quote from: js1717 on April 01, 2007, 01:01:34 pm
Quote from: stillahog on April 01, 2007, 01:00:24 pm

You can also book it, bank on it, and take it to the bank!  Maybe in the next 48 hours!

Source??  Link??     Inside info??   I wanna take SOMEthing to the bank!

BRC0180

He has not said he is not

2nd hand a memphis booster "close to the situation (sorry)" said cal told him he was leaving.

Ship this to the rumor if you need to.  Just passing on what I was told

Sonofahog

Quote from: BRC0180 on April 01, 2007, 01:05:12 pm
He has not said he is not

2nd hand a memphis booster "close to the situation (sorry)" said cal told him he was leaving.

Ship this to the rumor if you need to.  Just passing on what I was told

I love it!

lrar1974

It gets better and better. I think message boards are the testosterone answer to daytime television. I love it.

ballhog™

i've been feeling down a little this morning, might as well ride the rollar coaster back up.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

UAfan

I think I'm about to take a big dump after eating some mexican food.

Sanctified Swine

JC is definatlely coming, but it won't be John Calipari

jrparrish

JFB is going to end up putting WANTED: HEAD COACH in the classifieds of all major news papers.....and still...no one will call.

RedyorNot

The ESPN blip from Katz isn't accurate. They took it from the Memphis Commercial Appeal which said a source "close to JC" said he wasn't interested. JC has not said "no" himself yet.

HarrisonHog

I heard it was Andy Stoglin.

jrparrish

Lanlord

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on April 01, 2007, 01:14:54 pm

Amen!  Somebody went to church this morning.

Killean

Quote from: Lanlord on April 01, 2007, 01:19:07 pm
Quote from: Sanctified Swine on April 01, 2007, 01:14:54 pm

Amen!  Somebody went to church this morning.

I'd be willing to put some money down on which ends up in Arkansas first..
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

golfjam

this is becomeing a joke.....he's a snake oil salesman anyway....i would only want him just to piss Memphis off
golf
It's Evolution Baby!

GotPig?

Come on, Razorback family!

We have to have a little more self-esteem in ourselves and more pride in our University!   We've been through a rough patch, but dadgummit, we are the University of Arkansas--best on-campus facilities in America, enormous fan support (there'll be 20,000 butts in the seats the first time we crack the Top 25 again), massive financial resources and a rich tradition.  We have the potential to land a great coach and do great things.  I hope it's Calipari or Montgomery, but we'll just have to see.  I don't put much stock in the Commercial Appeal (having lived there for three years and witnessed their reporting standards and view of the Razorbacks.  On the flip side, doesn't seem like the Demazette has any idea re what's going on either--kinda like me, I reckon--either that, or they're being extremely cautious in light of the last "sure thing" that fizzled out).  Plus, the espn.com article just regurgitates what's on the Commercial Appeal website.  Heck, we may not get him, but while some are refusing to be leave he's coming until they see him at a presser, I'm going to take the nutty position that this is a huge step up for him (conference, facilities, money, and fan support-wise), and I refuse to believe he's NOT coming until I see proof otherwise.  

Anyway, I gotta believe good things are coming.  Just my Pollyanna, sunshiney view of things today.  Let's all just keep our fingers crossed and have faith that we'll get the best coach possible to lead us back to where we should be.  Hang in there guys and gals!  Enjoy your Sunday.

donkey

Everybody is so discouraged because ESPN reported a 'source close to Calipari' said that he wasn't coming.  At the same time another 'source close to Calipari' said that he was seriously considering it.  Who's source was right, we'll know soon enough.  Andy Katz can't justify anyone coming to Arkansas because he is biased for some reason.  (e.g.  didn't think we should make the tournament etc.)  The only thing you can write down is that he doesn't know any better than we do.  I mean is he living with Calipari or something.  ESPN said that Rodriguez was a definite lock for the Bama job and that Saban was mental masturbation for tide fans.  They were spot on on that one were'nt they.  No one knows, he might come, he might not, but he's probably not decided yet.  We will know who the coach is very soon one way or the other.

forrest city joe

Sporting news radio just reported that Cal has said no to Arkansas. he was never coming here. it's over.

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

501Ben

PiggyBack

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Hollywood_HOGan

he would be a good coach but he would have to play against real teams.

He's got it pretty good there in mempho only having to play 2 real teams a year.

Sick of Frank offering the job to people who are not interested.

HoopS

ark30inf

Quote from: semohawg on April 01, 2007, 01:54:17 pm
for what its worth. if this falls through, i hope we put more pressure on montgomery.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/tigers/article/0,2844,MCA_25363_5457080,00.html

This is the same non-story posted over and over.  He may not come here...but this story does nothing to say either way.

mrchog

PiggyBack

Quote from: KinkosHog on April 01, 2007, 01:55:28 pm
We landed on the moon.

No way.....
That's GREAT!

*opens door* "We landed on the MOON!"
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Darren DeLoach

of all the newcomers he is the lone one under consideration in my book
1. monty
2. krueger
3.grant

if these collapse--i quit
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

milehipig

Darren DeLoach

sorry if it was ran already--i have been at church--i did a search and found nothing

Adam Stokes

Quote from: ark30inf on April 01, 2007, 01:56:40 pm
Quote from: semohawg on April 01, 2007, 01:54:17 pm
for what its worth. if this falls through, i hope we put more pressure on montgomery.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/tigers/article/0,2844,MCA_25363_5457080,00.html

This is the same non-story posted over and over.  He may not come here...but this story does nothing to say either way.

Saying that there is "nothing there" sums it up for me.  On to Montgomery!!

KinkosHog

Quote from: semohawg on April 01, 2007, 01:58:44 pm
sorry if it was ran already--i have been at church--i did a search and found nothing

You did a search?

Did that involve reading the forum or using the imaginary "search" function?

Darren DeLoach

alright smarty pants ----i ran the search on the link--again sorry.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on April 01, 2007, 01:55:26 pm

He's got it pretty good there in mempho only having to play 2 real teams a year.

Bingo. im sick of it too.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 01, 2007, 02:02:15 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on April 01, 2007, 01:55:26 pm

Bingo. im sick of it too.

yeah its pretty embarrassing to get turned down two straight times.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: Hogstocking on April 01, 2007, 01:01:32 pm
Blazin Burrito is pretty darn good. I ate there for the first time yesterday.

They got any breakfast burritos? 

hawaiianhogster

Maybe we will know something come Monday if Frank is trying to hire someone that is not waiting for the Kentucky job. Otherwise we might have to wait for them to choose a coach first.