Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

POST RIDICULOUS COACHING CANDIDATES HERE!!!!!

Started by Table Rocker, March 28, 2007, 04:58:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue35

stronguard

This guy can flat out coach.  Wins everywhere.

Rand Chappell took over a University of Central Arkansas men's basketball team that went 5-20 the previous year and produced a 43-18 record in his two seasons as the head coach of the Bears. Now entering his third season, Chappell will continue to build upon the success he has made during his first two years.  Chappell led the Bears to a 23-8 overall record last season, and an 11-5 mark in the Gulf South Conference. UCA tied for the league title and made their first ever trip to the NCAA II Tournament, where they fell to Lynn in the second round. Central Arkansas also started the season with 11 straight victories and garnered their first ever national ranking.  Coach Chappell has manufactured success everywhere he has been, and his tenure with the Purple and Gray has been no exception. He has led the Bears to two straight appearances in the GSC Tournament, advancing to the semifinals both years. Tenacious defense proved to be the key to UCA's success in 2003-04. Chappell's squad led the nation in opponent field goal percentage, holding opponents to just 36.7 percent. They also ranked fifth in the country in scoring defense, allowing just 60.9 points per game.  Chappell ranks third in winning percentage among all active NCAA II head coaches. In 10 seasons at four-year schools, he has produced a 241-80 record (.751), and averaged 24 wins a season. He is also the winningest coach in GSC history, with a 73.8 winning percentage (163-58).  Prior to UCA, Chappell spent five seasons at Henderson State University in Arkadelphia, Ark. During his stint with the Reddies, he captured four GSC Tournament championships, three GSC-West titles, made five NCAA II Tournament appearances and advanced to three NCAA Regional Finals.  At HSU, Chappell compiled a 120-40 record and a 58-14 mark in GSC games. His 2003 team tied a school record with 30 wins, and finished with a 30-5 record and a #15 ranking in the final NABC Division II Bulletin Poll. He was named the NABC South Region Coach of the Year in 1999.  Chappell coached three seasons at Phillips University in Enid, Okla. He was named the Sooner Athletic Conference coach of the year twice during his tenure. In his three years at Phillips, Chappell posted a 78-22 record and led the Haymakers to a number one national ranking and a 32-3 mark during the 1997-98 season. Chappell was named the Basketball Times National Coach of the Year in 1998.  Chappell began his head coaching career at Labette Community College in Parsons, Kan. where he was 45-17 in two seasons.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Table Rocker

pigmania

Christ Almighty, when is it going to stop?

stronguard

Ooooohhhhh.....you got me TR......he's as good as any of these other up and comers that are getting talk. 

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Ironhawg

hogwildinhouston

Hell, we may as well call up Cliff Garrison and see if he's tired of retirement.  Maybe he can get Don Dyer come back as well as one of his assistants.

Table Rocker

Quote from: stronguard on March 30, 2007, 11:09:17 pm
Ooooohhhhh.....you got me TR......he's as good as any of these other up and comers that are getting talk. 

i was shooting myself

Annax10

I vote for Eric Camden from Seventh Heaven...and then he can recruit his family to be the team!  :D

chiefsfan

whoever seriously considered Rand Chappel might want to look up UCA's record this year.    He did beat Bucknell however.    Something our last coach, and the current coach of Kansas whom we wanted to be our coach couldnt do...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Razorbackssports

Billy Packer
Dick Vitale
Bill Walton
Cookie Monster
Elmo

stronguard

March 30, 2007, 11:38:42 pm #361 Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:25:27 am by stronguard
Quote from: chiefsfan on March 30, 2007, 11:20:13 pm
whoever seriously considered Rand Chappel might want to look up UCA's record this year.    He did beat Bucknell however.    Something our last coach, and the current coach of Kansas whom we wanted to be our coach couldnt do...

This was his first year in D1.  There is a signifigant talent gap, yet his teams were in most games until the end.  You might want to watch UCA basketball the next few years.  There will be an upward trent as long as he's there.

I was at Henderson when he was there.  Class individual, hard worker, burns the midnight oil.  Plays an aggressive style of ball.  Motivates without degradation.  Players love him, fans love him.  He's going to be a great coach, and I don't use the word great lightly. 

I know it's the longest of long shots, but like I said, he is better than some of these up and comers.
And GO CHIEFS!

Table Rocker

newbombturk

Ron "The [CENSORED] Bag" Crawford. A 2005 Harris poll rated him the most annoying frequent contributor to DTS. 

greasy_corner

Mark few.  As in few to accept a job >> Gonzaga.  He's scared to leave the patsy's.  i don't like the guy after what he said when Nowin was fired.

Supermark101

I live 30 minutes from Wichita Kansas. This is who the plane came to talk to, this week. according to my sources he will be introduced no later than Monday night.

bigyellowdog

owl

The HUTE will take over the entire program so FB will be no worse than any other sport. :puke:
OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

rcowen

Annax10

870hogg

It's Shark bitin' time!!  Tark for head coach!

razorrog1

How 'bout that Hot Little Sherrie Coale at OU?

joeyself

"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

JShipCPA

Don Rickles, he'd fit right in to the comedy on the Hill...

That is, if he is still among the living...

jbcarol

Quote from: JShipCPA on March 31, 2007, 08:48:35 pm
Don Rickles, he'd fit right in to the comedy on the Hill...

That is, if he is still among the living...

I did not get word if he "died" or he "killed" last nite in Vegas but as of 12:30 AM EDT he is among the living.  He believed in the EOO (Equal Opportunity Offender).
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

lrar1974

Geno Auriema... I know that dude could coach some male dudes instead of girl dudes...

USCoastGuard

Come back over Gus!

lightsout

Table Rocker

it's april fools so i'm sure they'll be some foolish candidates mentioned today

Razorback_J

cthawg

Josh Lucas as Don Haskins. If we cant get a real big name coach then lets get one that played one in the Movies.

cthawg

or even better Jon Voight as Adolph Rupp, then maybe Angelina will come to the games

Merle Hawggard

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

Merle Hawggard

jennifer love hewitt! id never miss a game
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

towneofbeverlyhills

Annax10

lightsout

Chuck Barrett
Rick Shaffer
Randy Rainwater
Otis Kirk
Clay Henry
Marcus Elliot
Dudley Dawson
Ray Tucker

John Futrall

jbcarol

Quote from: mikeyg31 on April 01, 2007, 02:27:05 pm
He Hate Me

We were thinking that apply to the next UK coach after the honeymoon.  Of course to be more accurate it would have to be "They Hate Me." 

Jim Boeheim upon hearing the news said, "So Tubby finally got smart."

I think Rod is too "Smart" to take the UK job.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

rbbarker

de NUTT ed

Ahenso

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

RGP

BigArkyintheRock

Quote from: redneckcutie81 on April 01, 2007, 03:12:47 pm
Ronald McDonald

The Hamburgler

Those Mc Nugget dudes

and the purple dude what ever his name is
I like your choices! :)

But you know, Hooten is the hamburgler...he's been robbing our football program of SEC Champ--een--ships and BCS Bowls for years!!

Yah, what is that purple dude's name?
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

stronguard

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on April 01, 2007, 03:17:16 pm
Quote from: redneckcutie81 on April 01, 2007, 03:12:47 pm
Ronald McDonald

The Hamburgler

Those Mc Nugget dudes

and the purple dude what ever his name is
I like your choices! :)

But you know, Hooten is the hamburgler...he's been robbing our football program of SEC Champ--een--ships and BCS Bowls for years!!

Yah, what is that purple dude's name?

Grimace

lrar1974

I would say coach dale from Hickory. But he makes you pass the ball 4 times before you shoot. I don't think that is going to put butts in the seats..

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: lrar1974 on April 02, 2007, 12:14:32 am
I would say coach dale from Hickory. But he makes you pass the ball 4 times before you shoot. I don't think that is going to put butts in the seats..
Stark contrast to another coach Dale.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

bigyellowdog