Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My interview with Louisiana WR Chris Tolliver

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 25, 2007, 11:19:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

March 25, 2007, 11:19:18 pm Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:21:44 pm by Richard Davenport
Chris is a 6'1 180 pound WR with 4.4 speed from Rayville, LA. Chris had 76 catches for 1,500 yards and 26 TDs as a Jr. I talked to Chris earlier tonight and here's what he had to say.

TRG: Who are your offers?

Chris: LSU, Florida and Colorado.

TRG: Is Arkansas contacting you?

Chris: They send me letters everyday.

TRG: You attended LSU's Jr day. How was it?

Chris: It was great. They really showed us around. We went to the LSU and Florida basketball game. That was really nice.

TRG: Do you have any top schools?

Chris: Florida, LSU, Alabama and Arkansas.

TRG: What do you like about Arkansas?

Chris: The things they send me are nice and when I'm on the internet I see things about their coaching staff.

TRG: Do you plan to attend any camps this summer?

Chris: I don't know. If I do my coach will tell me.

TRG: Any time line for a decision?

Chris: Me and my coaches will probably decide before school starts this summer.

After talking to Chris I would have to say LSU and Florida are the top schools. He didn't tell me that but that's the feeling I got after talking to him. LSU RS freshman RB Richard Murphy attended Rayville HS and he and Chris talk a lot about LSU, so that's a plus for LSU.

Chris is in the process of switching cell phone numbers so he said he hasn't been contacted by schools very much over the phone. Head Coach Bo Barton told me a few weeks ago that Chris , QB Justin Higgins and OC Tyler Simmons plan to make Arkansas' Jr day in April.

arklahoman36

I am in now way trying to be a smarta$$. But I wonder what he sees about Arkansas coaches on the Internet?

501Ben

Quote from: arklahoman36 on March 25, 2007, 11:26:15 pm
I am in now way trying to be a smarta$$. But I wonder what he sees about Arkansas coaches on the Internet?

Yea true, we haven't been put in a positive light as of late on the major sport websites unless its stuff about Darren.

The_Bionic_Pig

If I had to guess I would think he is referring to www.houstonnutt.com  they did a great job with that website (graphics, info, etc...)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Richard, great interview as always. Chris should be one of our major targets this recruiting season, he is a playmaker, and that is what we need at that position, if we want to compete with the top teams in the country year in and year out.
     It still puzzles me as to why we do not offer these top recruits earlier in the process. We are in the day and age where football recruits put alot into who offers them first and sticks with them throughout the whole process. We definitely need to offer him and do it yesterday.
     To me it is a simple process, the more offers you put out to the top players in the country, the more top players that will commit. The less offers, the less players that you will get to commit.
     Go!Hogs!Go!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

arklahoman36

Question for Richard--
Do you know if the coaching staff has been in contact with DT Stacey McGee or WR Jameel Owens, both out of Muskogee High School.
I think McGee listed Arkansas as one of the schools he has an interest in.
Just wondered if they've paid much attention to either one of those guys since they're only about 1.5 hours from campus.
I've seen both play and both are definite D-1 prospects. Owens already has at least six offers and McGee has two (can't see him not geting more).
In addition to McGee being a hoss, 6'4 or 6'5 and 280, he's also very athletic. He placed in the top five at the state wrestling championship this year (I believe he also finished that high or higher his sophomore year) in the 275 pound weight class.
Owens is a legit 6'3 weighs 210 and runs 4.41 (my nephew said he's run that fast timed by hand and electronic). The kid can even punt, averaging 40+ a kick and filled in as QB his junior year when the starter went down, or he'd have more impressive receiving numbers from last year.

darazorback

Quote from: arklahoman36 on March 25, 2007, 11:26:15 pm

Couldn't be everything that all the haters try spreading across the globe could it be???