Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As unfortunate as it is...

Started by fu-man-soo, March 22, 2007, 02:47:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fu-man-soo

We all need to realize and come to accept the fact that it is highly unlikely we are going to gain elite status until after we get a new ad and he gets settled and gets his own show going.  i hate it but the truth hurts.  Barring a miracle BG goes to Kentucky.  If you all remember i posted after the big 12 tourney that all the talk there amongst ads was that bg wanted kentuck so bad he could taste it.

so lets just get through this year and hope and pray the new ad is worth a crap

Bvilleboar

I agree.  I think we are in limbo with our current staffs in both FB and BB until we get our new AD.
2012 the year of the HOGS

Hollywood_HOGan

another case of JFB holding the program hostage because of his gigantic ego. He wants that 50 years. In the meantime Arkansas' program suffers.

SigPig

Quote from: fu-man-soo on March 22, 2007, 02:47:23 pm
We all need to realize and come to accept the fact that it is highly unlikely we are going to gain elite status until after we get a new ad and he gets settled and gets his own show going.  i hate it but the truth hurts.  Barring a miracle BG goes to Kentucky.  If you all remember i posted after the big 12 tourney that all the talk there amongst ads was that bg wanted kentuck so bad he could taste it.

so lets just get through this year and hope and pray the new ad is worth a crap
We can hope that Kentucky somehow someway lures Pitino or Donovan away... Or that they like Rick Barnes better than Gillispie

Probably useless...I know

Heightshog

UK will look at Rick Barnes, i wonder if BG would be interested in the TX job?

dotnet

March 22, 2007, 03:43:16 pm #5 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 03:47:25 pm by dotnet
BG would NOT go to Texas. 

I don't think BG is necessarily at the top of Kent's list.

SigPig

Quote from: donewithdale on March 22, 2007, 03:32:32 pm
Why should BG be at the top of UK's list? 
I doubt he is on the top, but I would bet he is certainly on it.

fu-man-soo

Quote from: donewithdale on March 22, 2007, 03:47:48 pm
Quote from: SignaturePig on March 22, 2007, 03:45:57 pm

Where he is likely our 1 or 2 he could easily be 5-8 on their list.  That is why I don't get the panic and gloom now. 

i cant think of 5 better coaches that would actually leave what they are doing to go to kentucky?

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: fu-man-soo on March 22, 2007, 04:05:36 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on March 22, 2007, 03:47:48 pm
Quote from: SignaturePig on March 22, 2007, 03:45:57 pm

Where he is likely our 1 or 2 he could easily be 5-8 on their list.  That is why I don't get the panic and gloom now. 

i cant think of 5 better coaches that would actually leave what they are doing to go to kentucky?

No, but Ky likes the Idea of Tom Crean or stealing Izzo from MSU.  Calipari and Pitino the Sequel are also going to be looked at.

HeathWimp

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 22, 2007, 02:52:25 pm
another case of JFB holding the program hostage because of his gigantic ego. He wants that 50 years. In the meantime Arkansas' program suffers.

Exactly.  The remainder of this year will be the "Broyles Farewell Revenge Tour."  He will complete the destruction of our basketball and football programs before he is gone.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Dwight_K_Shrute

There are a dozen coaches out there not named Billy Gillipie that could come in and win 25 games next year recruit and find a point guard in less than 5 years and fill the stands back up and make us say "Stan Who?"

There are another dozen or so that could come in and immediately do better than Stan.

Stan is a third tier coach at best.  If he were so damn good and we were so lucky to have him people would be coming after him.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Boardon Hamsay

On the AD front, the BOT plane did make another trip to Louisville this morning.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation