Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good news on the recruiting front

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 21, 2007, 02:12:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

March 21, 2007, 02:12:37 pm Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 02:18:16 pm by Richard Davenport
I talked earlier to Frostproof HS, Fla. Head Football Coach Brad Metheny about RB Carlton Thomas 5'9 180 4.4.

Carlton has been offered by Arkansas and according to Coach Metheny is Carlton's top school right now. I was on the road while talking to Coach Metheny and wasn't able to write everything down but he said that Carlton has 6 to 7 offers right now. Auburn and West Virgina was two of the schools he mentioned that's offered. He also said that Notre Dame and Florida State were talking about offering Carlton.

He said Carlton really likes Coach Vaughn and the idea Arkansas has led the SEC in rushing for so many years.

I got this off the Frostproof HS website:

Junior tailback Carlton Thomas was an instrumental part of the team's success, rushing for over 2,250 yards, at a clip of 11.98 yds/carry, while tallying 25 TD's.  The only Polk County rusher who exceeded the Frostproof  phenom's performance, in any classification, played in five more games, but only out-rushed Thomas by a mere 123 yds.    

I plan to talk to Carlton soon.

VenturaHog

great news, those stats are impressive.

HOGansHero

My goodness - impressive. What kind of stats would he have had if he played in those five extra games? I wonder did his team not go as far, or was he hurt any of those other games? Any way you slice it...impressive. Go Hogs!

Torqued pork

Didn't Emmit Smith play at Frostproof?

blueshog2001

March 21, 2007, 04:21:46 pm #4 Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:23:26 pm by blueshog2001
Here is his scout page. They only list him a 5'6".

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3024438

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jhudson84

He outrushed Chris Rainey last year for the Polk County rushing title.  Rainey was a five star who chose Florida over FSU, Notre Dame, and just about everyone else.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

blueshog2001

ceegar

Emmitt went to Escambia High in Pensacola.  Had the chance to watch him back when he was younger, my uncle coached him in youth football.  Unbelievable player in HS
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

hogsmaster

Wow, with both Auburn and WV having offered, he listed us as his number 1?!?  Lets close the deal on him.

LJHOG

Quote from: blueshog2001 on March 21, 2007, 04:21:46 pm
Here is his scout page. They only list him a 5'6".

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3024438
5 ft whatever, if he can run the ball, he can run the ball.  and if he can run with the ball then let's sign him up.

arkjay19

wow, definitely wouldn't mind watching this kid with the Razorbacks

jackflash

Good news, I like anybody from Florida, think were on a linebacker also, does anyone know who?  Think most of the instate prospect are on the offensive side of the ball, where will defensive help come from? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: