Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Van Buren WR Taylor Stockemer talks recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 20, 2007, 02:47:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Taylor is 6'4 205 with 4.5 speed. Taylor had 43 catches for 839 yards and 8TDs with a long of 67 yards this past season. I talked to Taylor last night and here's what he had to say.

TRG: Tell me the lastest on your recruitment?

Taylor: Minnesota is talking to me a lot. Virgina Tech and Ole Miss has been talking to me.I went to Oklahoma's Jr day February 3rd. I was impressed with their facilities and I liked talking to Coach Stoops. The team is real close. Coach Malzahn has been talking to me and Arizona is sending me letters. I get a few letters from Arkansas.

TRG: Who's recruiting you the hardest?

Taylor: Coach McDonald at Minnesota texts me a lot and Coach Malzahn at Tulsa texts me a lot. Kansas St sends me the most letters.

TRG: Do you have any plans for camps?

Taylor: I won't know about camps til summer. I have to check my schedule. Virgina Tech to visit April 21st and Tulsa wants me to visit on that day. I have to make a decision on that. Baylor and Oklahoma State want me to visit on April 14th and I'll have to decide on that also.

TRG: Do you plan to make any unofficial visits this summer?

Taylor: I'm really not to concern about that right now. I'm keeping my options open.

TRG: What do you plan to do to get better for next season?

Taylor: I'm working a lot on my technique and my start. Track is helping me with my start and speed. I go down and work with the football team after track practice.

Taylor didn't attend Arkansas' Jr Day because he was participating at the state indoor meet in the UA indoor facility in Fayetteville. Taylor runs the 200, 400 meter and high jumps and long jumps.

I saw Taylor at the FCA combine in Bryant January 20th and was extremely impressed. Good speed and good leaping ability (37 inch vertical) to go with his 6'4 frame.

I expect to see Taylor receiving plenty of offers in the coming months.

bigguy551122

perfection is all i expect.

hogsmaster

Noticed that he only received a "few letters" from Arkansas, while the others are texting him daily.

mj4president

I am so damn tired of every recruit that we dont go crazy on early it is seen as a bad thing. Getting texts everyday to MANY recruits everyday isnt a good thing. I think it drove LZ crazy when coaches would send him crap all day long. I dont know how many times I heard the little beeping of a new text and he would just laugh. He (taylor)may like it I dont know but not everyone enjoys constant texts. No recruit would base where they are going to on how many texts and letters they got from a school. Give me a break. The real pull is what the school is like, facilities, if the school feels like home, distance from home(for some), how good the program is. Not the amount of texts and letters.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

darazorback

Quote from: mj4president on March 20, 2007, 10:24:23 pm
I am so damn tired of every recruit that we dont go crazy on early it is seen as a bad thing. Getting texts everyday to MANY recruits everyday isnt a good thing. I think it drove LZ crazy when coaches would send him crap all day long. I dont know how many times I heard the little beeping of a new text and he would just laugh. He (taylor)may like it I dont know but not everyone enjoys constant texts. No recruit would base where they are going to on how many texts and letters they got from a school. Give me a break. The real pull is what the school is like, facilities, if the school feels like home, distance from home(for some), how good the program is. Not the amount of texts and letters.

Very true. While some love alot of attention, most are modest and don't want constant attention where they have to keep replying.

Space Man

Quote from: hogsmaster on March 20, 2007, 09:49:49 pm
Noticed that he only received a "few letters" from Arkansas, while the others are texting him daily.

Arkansas will not be able to recruit every WR prospect in the state and I do not see them pursuing Stockemer, when they could get Cruz Williams who is a very similar player who will commit on spot.  However, who knows what Arkansas is doing when they have failed to offer Joe Adams who is holding an offer from Oklahoma already.  Joe Adams is a Damian Williams type player, who is faster, but maybe not the route runner at this current time that Damian is.     

arklahoman36

Quote from: Space Man on March 21, 2007, 12:41:17 am

Arkansas will not be able to recruit every WR prospect in the state and I do not see them pursuing Stockemer, when they could get Cruz Williams who is a very similar player who will commit on spot.  However, who knows what Arkansas is doing when they have failed to offer Joe Adams who is holding an offer from Oklahoma already.  Joe Adams is a Damian Williams type player, who is faster, but maybe not the route runner at this current time that Damian is.     

I thought OSU, not OU had offered Adams.

Space Man

Quote from: arklahoman36 on March 21, 2007, 12:56:25 am
Quote from: Space Man on March 21, 2007, 12:41:17 am

I thought OSU, not OU had offered Adams.

No,  It is OU that has offered Adams.