Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren's WR Jarious Wright talks to Hogville.net

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 14, 2007, 07:40:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Jarious is 5'11 175 with 4.36 speed. Last season Jarious had 51 catches for 1086 yards and 15 TDs. I talked to Jarious last night and here's what he had to say.

TRG: Tell me your offers?

Jarious: Arkansas, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Minnesota and Texas Tech.

TRG: Who offered first?

Jarious: Arkansas. Oklahoma offered last week.

TRG: Do you have a favorite?

Jarious: Not really. I'm just glad to be offered.

TRG: Any schools hinting about an offer?

Jarious: I'm not sure if Tennessee has offered. I'm getting lots of mail from others schools but no offers.

TRG: Who's recruiting you the hardest?

Jarious: Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Texas Tech.

TRG: How often do you hear from Arkansas?

Jarious: Coach Vaughn texts me about everyday.

TRG: When did you run the 4.36 40 time?

Jarious: About a month ago.

TRG: Any idea when you might make a decision?

Jarious: I plan to make some official visits. Probably on National Signing Day.

Jarious said Jim Youngblood emailed him recently telling Jarious that he needs to be a Razorback with Jim. Jarious is a yes sir, no sir type of young man. I enjoyed talking to Jarious.

As I said in a earlier thread, my source was incorrect on the schools that had offered Jarious. He's usually right on but not on this one.

JBucc

Read the guidelines for signature images.

RazrRila99

Ok, how much harder can you recruit someone other than texting once a day?  Whats a coach to do, text him every hour on the hour?  I say the Hawgs are doing their part. 

Come on be a Hawg.  Sounds like he has the size and quicks to work.

VetRock

the kid catchs streak patterns over the back shoulder in a dead run and never breaks stride.  He's worth the offer.
"Gaps!"
"Gaps?"
"Yeah, Gaps.  She got gaps, I got gaps, together we got no gaps."
---From The Movie "Rocky"

jhudson84

I was waiting for a Tennessee notion to be thrown in there.

tbhogfan

Quote from: Tomcat on March 15, 2007, 08:20:10 am
Maybe Jarious is the type that likes multiple texts per day.  Someone needs to contact the coaches with this information so they don't lag behind the other schools. 
It almost sounds like schools will eventually need a Texting Coordinator.  :)
Go Hogs!

blueshog2001

Is Jarious Wright being recruited to play cornerback or wide receiver?  Does he have a preference?  If he committed, corner is the more important need right now.

Space Man

Quote from: blueshog2001 on March 15, 2007, 11:35:42 am
Is Jarious Wright being recruited to play cornerback or wide receiver?  Does he have a preference?  If he committed, corner is the more important need right now.

Probably wherever he wants to play.  You can't teach 4.36 speed.  Could someone please explain why Joe Adams does not have an offer. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Jarious come to Arkansas it's the place for you.

staffhog

TRG, did he seem even slightly resentful about Arkansas possibly not doing enough to show him love?  I notice you didn't mention his about his rapport with Coach Vaughn.  He is one we need to become a Hog.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: staffhog on March 16, 2007, 08:49:38 am
TRG, did he seem even slightly resentful about Arkansas possibly not doing enough to show him love?  I notice you didn't mention his about his rapport with Coach Vaughn.  He is one we need to become a Hog.

Jarious told me that he and Coach Vaughn haven't talked on the phone. I didn't get a vibe either way but a recruit can call a coach at any time.

darazorback

Quote from: Tomcat on March 15, 2007, 08:20:10 am
Maybe Jarious is the type that likes multiple texts per day.  Someone needs to contact the coaches with this information so they don't lag behind the other schools. 

No kidding, if we arent even on the list of the most in contact with him, and we do it on average once a day, then we aren't doing it enough. Glad to hear Jim is asking the big time players that we have offered, to come aboard also.

hogsmaster

History of Warren players going to Tennesse may play a role.

#1 STUNNA

hogsmaster

arklahoman36

razorjacket2006

His grades will keep him from us.  2.7 and a 17 that is not UofA credentials.  I wouldnt think so atleast. 
D-Mac is great at RB and QB so lets see what he can do at Head Coach

HighonSwine

As far as I know that is good enough.  Might have to get the ACT to a 18, but I am pretty sure 17 is the minimum but you have to take a specific class for the one area that was low on the ACT.

#1 STUNNA

key_stone12

Quote from: razorjacket2006 on March 30, 2007, 05:25:06 pm
His grades will keep him from us.  2.7 and a 17 that is not UofA credentials.  I wouldnt think so atleast. 
It's a joke that someone with those credentials is allowed to play.

tophawg19

yeah it's a shame guy's like jerry rice and many others who had trouble taking tests in H/S got to play football . it ruined his life hell he could have been at home on welfare . a GPA and SAT score doesn't till anything about the kids ability or home life . poor study skills and no parental support can affect these scores as can ADHD etc. so to say this crap about kids scores is stupid.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Beaverfever

I'm pretty sure you have to have an 18.  He should get this.  However, I have a feeling we're wasting our time on this guy. 

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 02, 2007, 10:09:53 am
yeah it's a shame guy's like jerry rice and many others who had trouble taking tests in H/S got to play football . it ruined his life hell he could have been at home on welfare . a GPA and SAT score doesn't till anything about the kids ability or home life . poor study skills and no parental support can affect these scores as can ADHD etc. so to say this crap about kids scores is stupid.

I agree. I know a lot of guys who scored in the 25-29 on the ACT test who could not even survive their first year of college.  I know plenty of people who scored under 20 on their ACT test who easily graduated from college, and are working on doctorates.  The GPA says a lot more than the test score in my opinion. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

June 02, 2007, 11:51:07 am #24 Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:53:42 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: key_stone12 on June 02, 2007, 10:01:47 am
Quote from: razorjacket2006 on March 30, 2007, 05:25:06 pm
It's a joke that someone with those credentials is allowed to play.

He is a Jr. he more than likely has only take the test one. I know about three people that took the ACT and got around a 17 and took the test again and made a 24 or higher which is a good score. And as far as his GPA I read that Mitch had a 2.8 GPA going into his senior year (from the MitchellMustain website that no longer exists). I don't think anyone can honestly say that he is not intelligent kid.

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.