Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heres why Vitale is a moron!!!

Started by U.P. HOGG, March 14, 2007, 11:24:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

U.P. HOGG

March 14, 2007, 11:24:29 am Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:27:05 am by U.P. HOGG
Check out this link.  Vitale has us as one of the best 1st round matchups. Hmmm?  He likes the Illini quite a bit as a sleeper.  What a DORK!!  So we are not good enough to get in the tourney but we are in as a best 1st round matchup to watch.  (Of course he doesn't pick us to win.)

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/070313Vitale'sRound1take.html

:razorback: GO HOGS, BEAT THE TROJANS!! :razorback:

HogFan514

You've got to be kidding me!!  Wow!

HouTxRzbck

It's like when he was referring Vandy as a sweet 16 team. Then on the flip side he was busy ripping Arkansas describing the teams we beat but never mentioned that we beat Vandy twice.  Hypocrate!!
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

jamie72921

Vitale gets paid to create excitement, not for his insight into the game.

The morons are the people that put any stock into whatever he has to say at any particular moment.
Bless your heart

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: HouTxRzbck on March 14, 2007, 11:28:26 am
It's like when he was referring Vandy as a sweet 16 team. Then on the flip side he was busy ripping Arkansas describing the teams we beat but never mentioned that we beat Vandy twice.  Hypocrate!!

He has Vandy as a sleeper.  Check this link out.  He said that we should have beat the teams we did in the SEC Tourney, yet, he calls our win over Vandy an upset.  Check this out.

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/070311Vitale'sSlepperPicks.html

jhudson84

If the Razorbacks were to win on Friday here would be his segway.

Ohh MY!!! THE LITTLE PIGGIES HAVE JUST STUNNED THE MIGHTY TROJANS...THIS IS WHAT MARCH MADNESS IS ALL ABOUT BABY!!!
I REALLY THINK THESE HOGS CAN MAKE A RUN THEY ARE PLAYING
INSPIRED AND THEY HAVE A GREAT DIAPER DANDY IN PATRICK BEVERLY.
TWO FROGS JUMP OVER A LOG AND ONLY ONE LANDS RIGHT SIDE UP THIS IS GREAT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 14, 2007, 11:28:46 am
Vitale gets paid to create excitement, not for his insight into the game.

The morons are the people that put any stock into whatever he has to say at any particular moment.

Not only did he create excitement (if you call it that), he friggin ripped us apart and the rest of the national media followed suit.  I know every year that he goes off about who got snubbed and who should not have gotten in, but it seems to me that this year, he tore us apart like I've never seen before!!

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 14, 2007, 11:30:51 am
If the Razorbacks were to win on Friday here would be his segway.

Ohh MY!!! THE LITTLE PIGGIES HAVE JUST STUNNED THE MIGHTY TROJANS...THIS IS WHAT MARCH MADNESS IS ALL ABOUT BABY!!!
I REALLY THINK THESE HOGS CAN MAKE A RUN THEY ARE PLAYING
INSPIRED AND THEY HAVE A GREAT DIAPER DANDY IN PATRICK BEVERLY.
TWO FROGS JUMP OVER A LOG AND ONLY ONE LANDS RIGHT SIDE UP THIS IS GREAT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So true!!  He would chalk it up to March Maddness and nothing else.  If we do come out on top over the trojans, I wish someone would through the dirt in his face!!

dish13-hog

You can probably find an article somewhere that quotes Dickie V saying good things about every Division 1 team, and then another article where he talks bad about that same team (well, except Duke). 

He's doing what he's paid (& told, I'm sure) to do.  Create excitement, even if he doesn't make sense.

Did somebody order a pizza?!!!
"In the 6 billion year history of this planet there has been ONLY ONE national high school player of the year from the state of Arkansas. Houston Nutt had him and lost him.
Believe it or not."  - Mike Irwin, 1/16/07

"Digger Phelps is a moron." - Me, 3/11/07

Tripod1

Just his persona guys.  It is all an act and it sells.  Bottom line is that you could take a dozen teams that are playing in the NIT and place them in first round matchups across the bracket and all COULD win their first round game.  it is called paraity and we just happen to be on his "hype" list.  I certainly don't take it personally as I know what he is doing is selling tickets/ratings and such.  Hey, just embrace the madness and enjoy the ride. 

HogHillbilly

He won't go with the Hogs for this reason..............He hates the SEC

He knows it will be almost impossible for the Hogs to get past USC, Texass and maybe North Carolina in the sweet 16................You WILL NOT hear him say anything positive about the hogs

Even if we make it to the 16 game and lose...............He will say he told us that Arkansas wasn't worthy................DICKY V IS A IDIOT
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Tripod1

BTW, Vitale I can take.  Packer and Nantz and their "all knowing" attitude is the ones I cannot stomach.

U.P. HOGG

I know its his job, I just want to rip his east coast bias a$$ as much as possible.  I'm just showing everyone here how much of an idiot this non-coaching fool is.

booogaga

the man has built a career on predicting bullcrap all of his life. so why is this any different?
GO HOGS!

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: Tripod1 on March 14, 2007, 11:36:58 am
Just his persona guys.  It is all an act and it sells.  Bottom line is that you could take a dozen teams that are playing in the NIT and place them in first round matchups across the bracket and all COULD win their first round game.  it is called paraity and we just happen to be on his "hype" list.  I certainly don't take it personally as I know what he is doing is selling tickets/ratings and such.  Hey, just embrace the madness and enjoy the ride. 

Like his Drexel team?  :)

jamie72921

Quote from: Tripod1 on March 14, 2007, 11:38:27 am
BTW, Vitale I can take.  Packer and Nantz and their "all knowing" attitude is the ones I cannot stomach.

+1 here.

Is there a bigger moron than Packer?

He really believes the nonsense he says.
Bless your heart

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 14, 2007, 11:41:21 am
Quote from: Tripod1 on March 14, 2007, 11:38:27 am

+1 here.

Is there a bigger moron than Packer?

He really believes the nonsense he says.

Was Packer the one that was calling the Cuse' Hogs game in the tourney a while back, and after a foul on Syracuse he said "We got a bad call there"  Does anyone remember that?

kgr

Packer I believe coached at Wake Forrest so he wouldn't have an ACC bias. 

Vitale is a combination of Chuck and Rick with a national stage.  He has perennial favorites, Doooook along with his favorite team du jour

Those that can coach - coach.  Those who can't get jobs as talking heads.

Hogs by 2 over USC on a last second rebound and tip in by Hill.

mword

I thought he was a moron a long long time ago.

Bomis Hawg

Illinois could make a run to the Elite Eight. 
I like VT, but the Illini can win that.  Ditto for SIU.  A not Illinois team could give KU a run.