Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood QB Tyler Wilson talks recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 14, 2007, 02:00:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Tyler is 6'3 185 4.75. Tyler was 434-294 for 67.7% and 4222 yards, 50 TDs, 14 Ints. His long pass was 73 yards. I talked to Tyler earlier Tuesday night. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: You attended Arkansas' Jr Day. How was it?

Tyler: It was really great. The facilities were amazing as were the coaches. I talked to Coach Lee and had a great first impression. Hopefully I did the same with him. I got to meet Houston Nutt.

TRG: Tell me your offers.

Tyler: Arizona and Tulsa.

TRG: Any plans for camps?

Tyler: I plan to go to the Nike camp in Columbia Missouri and I've been invited to some elite 11 camps.

TRG: What about Sr camps?

Tyler: That's a possibility in the future but nothing for sure at this point.

TRG: What other schools are showing interest in you?

Tyler: New Mexico, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Auburn and LSU.

TRG: What are you looking for in a school?

Tyler: I would prefer to go to a passing offense and education is a big deal.

Tyler said he Arizona and Tulsa standout due to the fact both have offered him. He's really impressed with Arizona OC Sonny Dykes and Coach Malzahn at Tulsa. He prefers to go to a school that passes. Tyler was unsure when he might make a decision. He said he plans to keep his options open.

Tyler is a very mature young man. He's quite impressive.

Video of Tyler thanks to BadDogGHSDogPound:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=121537.0

Oregan hog

Ok he's going to the elite 11 camps and we have not offered????

hogtusk

So is he going to play football in college? I thought he was a baseball player.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Oregan hog

Him and Youngblood have allot in commen. Both can play baseball and QB. So why not offer him?

Hawgballz

Quote from: Oregan hog on March 14, 2007, 01:17:39 pm
Him and Youngblood have allot in commen. Both can play baseball and QB. So why not offer him?

The chances are very good that we will only sign 1 QB this year and after evaluation, Youngblood was offered 1st and committed, so he very likely will be the only true QB signing this year.  Now there may be other QBs offered, but it will likely be with the intent to move them to other positions.  Wilson's future is more likely in baseball.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Oregan hog

We have a baseball team. Have they offered him?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: hogtusk on March 14, 2007, 01:10:16 pm
So is he going to play football in college? I thought he was a baseball player.

He may play both but he said it's diffcult playing both in HS and knows it will be more so in college. He said if there's a opportunity to play both in college then it's possible that he might do both.

Tyler is football first from what I can tell.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Oregan hog on March 14, 2007, 01:30:07 pm

I was referring more to being drafted & playing minor league baseball, but the answer to your question is no we have not offered him in baseball yet.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hogstocking

Quote from: Oregan hog on March 14, 2007, 01:07:07 pm
Ok he's going to the elite 11 camps and we have not offered????

Rontrell Bailey of Arkadelphia went to the elite 11 QB camp last year.  They selected him over Burns.

That camp has a history of selecting the top QB prospects and a handful they deem raw.  Youngblood is most likely the only QB we will sign this year.

darazorback

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 14, 2007, 01:28:17 pm
Quote from: Oregan hog on March 14, 2007, 01:17:39 pm

The chances are very good that we will only sign 1 QB this year and after evaluation, Youngblood was offered 1st and committed, so he very likely will be the only true QB signing this year.  Now there may be other QBs offered, but it will likely be with the intent to move them to other positions.  Wilson's future is more likely in baseball.

Good insight and I can see where your coming from completely too!

PiggoBitttys

Everything I've read points to Arkansas signing 2 QB's, could be wrong though.

Big Papa Satan

Wilson is apparently a talented pitcher and I hear he is as good as his predecessor at QB at Greenwood, who went to the MLB.

Harrisonhogfan

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 14, 2007, 01:38:49 pm
Quote from: Oregan hog on March 14, 2007, 01:30:07 pm

I was referring more to being drafted & playing minor league baseball, but the answer to your question is no we have not offered him in baseball yet.

Arkansas has offered him a baseball schalorship

diehardrbackfan

March 16, 2007, 12:04:11 am #13 Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:22:19 pm by diehardrbackfan