Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boy, we need some CB's. Who is on our list?

Started by Swino, March 13, 2007, 09:23:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Swino

We have whiffed here for too long, we need some SEC sized CB's and we need them badly.

Who are we looking at?

Who SHOULD we be looking at?

#1 STUNNA

jay wright from warren, 5'10 180 4.38 forty

The_Bionic_Pig

Look as though since switching Coach Vaughn to Northern Louisiana it has made a immediate difference in that area from looking at that list. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: We need to get on these guys and stay on them. DO NOT LET UP! Offer the ones we want and do it yesterday. Don't allow another school to come in and offer before we do. That first offer goes an extremely long way.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

jackflash

Getting prospect out of Alabama is going get harder with Saban their. Glad Vaughan is in LA, might need to put two coaches there. If Auburn and Ole Miss can recruit LA no reason for us not to. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jackflash on March 14, 2007, 09:50:42 am
Getting prospect out of Alabama is going get harder with Saban their. Glad Vaughan is in LA, might need to put two coaches there. If Auburn and Ole Miss can recruit LA no reason for us not to. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Vaughn no longer in LA as of yesterday he has got this to worry about now - click me and parts of Texas. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

blueshog2001

So Vaughn is recruiting Florida now.  We really need someone in Louisiana.  There are too many top notch athletes to ignore it.

Oregan hog

I look everyday on Rivals and on Hawgillustrated to see who we our recruiting. Why do we only recruit the lower tier of CB we have sent a few to the NFL. You would figure that ARK would use this to there advantage. You could be a first round pick like Batman Carroll, soon to be First round pick Chris Houston. I think we should go after the 6,2" - 4.30, 200lbs CB not the 5,11"-4.50 165lbs. Especially with receiver that run 4.30 6,6" 220. It just seems to me with all the secondary prospects we have sent to the NFL it wouldn't be that hard to attract these CB.

Space Man

Quote from: Oregan hog on March 14, 2007, 12:26:16 pm
I look everyday on Rivals and on Hawgillustrated to see who we our recruiting. Why do we only recruit the lower tier of CB we have sent a few to the NFL. You would figure that ARK would use this to there advantage. You could be a first round pick like Batman Carroll, soon to be First round pick Chris Houston. I think we should go after the 6,2" - 4.30, 200lbs CB not the 5,11"-4.50 165lbs. Especially with receiver that run 4.30 6,6" 220. It just seems to me with all the secondary prospects we have sent to the NFL it wouldn't be that hard to attract these CB.

Any cornerback who is 6'2 and runs a 4.3 will be recruited by every school in the country.  It is unrealistic to think that Arkansas could land a cornerback like that.  They are also high school players, and have room to grow.

Oregan hog

Here is a list of DB on the watch list. I know some of these prospects live all the way across country. But more than 50% live in the south ( conecting states).

E.J. Woods
Prentiss Waggner
Kye Staley
P.J. Smith
Brandon Smith
Burton Scott
Kendrick Presley
Terrance Parks
Tony Morgan
Nick Moody
Brandon Leslie
Chris Jordan
Victor Johnson
Patrick Johnson
A.J. Grant
Dee Finley
Rashun Dixon
Pierre Desir
Keanon Cooper

T.J. Bryant
Anthony Brown
Nolan Brewster
Robert Blanton
Darius Barksdale
Jerrell Barbour
Johnny Adams

Swino

Thanks to everybody for the information...

My question now is, who is recruiting LA?

Oregan hog

Yes, all the schools would be recruiting them. But do all the schools have CB drafted in the first round? Do all the schools run Man to Man coverage. CB seem to be very confident and if they do want to show off there skills were better to do it than ARKANSAS. Have a chance to be First round draft picks.

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: Tomcat on March 13, 2007, 11:12:19 am
How about:

Anthony Brown

Kip Edwards

Long shot
Travon Lawson

Marquis McFadden

Criss Williams

Of this group, Anthony Brown has the biggest potential thus far...

Tomcat, do you really believe that Marquis is a "long shot"?  Does his brother not help at all?

jackflash

What was Bobby Allen area last year in recruiting?  Who was he credited for signing? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

VenturaHog

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 14, 2007, 01:04:43 pm
How about:

Anthony Brown

Kip Edwards

Long shot
Travon Lawson

Marquis McFadden

Criss Williams

Tomcat, do you really believe that Marquis is a "long shot"?  Does his brother not help at all?

Dmac's cousin right? I think he is a long shot because he isn't quite sec caliber, could be wrong though.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 14, 2007, 01:04:43 pm
How about:

Anthony Brown

Kip Edwards

Long shot
Travon Lawson

Marquis McFadden

Criss Williams

NO, only Travon Lawson on that list I have as a long shot.  Either of the Bama schools offer, he's gone...