Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe the last piece to the 07' Basketball siging class puzzle

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 13, 2007, 03:24:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

March 13, 2007, 03:24:51 am Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:17:38 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
click me 14 points, 6 asst, 3 steals, 2 rbs per game. Marcus Walker was at one point ranked the #20 PG in America averaged 26.9 points and 5.0 assists per game at O'Hara High School in Kansas City.  He was here on a unofficial visit 2/24/04 when Arkansas was beaten by the Florida Gators 73-68 in front of 18,602.  In September of that year he was scheduled for a official visit for Thursday September 21st but:   

"I was going to go up Thursday and I could tell something was happening," Walker said. "They were acting real funny and I figured they had somebody down there so I told them I didn't want to go."

The day before he could take a official visit,  Arkansas got a verbal committment from now Sophomore Sean McCurdy who was their for a mid-week visit.  Marcus ended up taking his next visit to Nebraska where he soon committed.

From my personal observation of watching film on this kid he is a drive and dish type of guard with a very good outside shot.  Once he is within 10-15 feet of the goal he uses the glass very well (sorta like Tim Duncan does for San Antonio).

If Arkansas does indeed sign this kid it could only mean that a transfer is obvious for one or more current players on the roster. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

VenturaHog

which players would transfer? or am I understanding you wrong. Sounds good nonetheless, CC players are hit or miss but it's worth the gamble.

CarolinaHog1176

so he went to nebraska, then left and went to a CC when the nebraska coach left.... right?  and now he's probably got 3 years to play 2?

and secondly, if we was snubbed so bad by the arkansas coaches back in 9/2004 because mccurdy snuck in a visit before he could, why would he want to do us the favor of coming in now just so mccurdy will transfer?  you think that he'd make us stick with the guy we chose over him.

but in the scheme of things, it sounds like an upgrade so let's get'r done
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Tomhog™

If it's a big man that transfers, I wouldn't want to replace him with a PG.  We are going to be thin after '08 with only Washington and McGowan left.  Plus, there will be NO big men coming in the 2007 class.  We already have Ervin, Beverley, McCurdy, and Welsh that can handle the ball.  We will be adding Jenirro Bush as a ball handler, too.  Would be an out-of-balance trade off unless it is indeed McCurdy that transfers.

HawgG

Well Otis seems to think that Arkansas will definitely sign Michael Sanchez once someone leaves.

He thinks that Sanchez is next in line for a scholarship if one comes open.

Otis maybe right, because it does appear that there will be not decision by the Sanchez family about Michael's future until the Hogs season is over and a player transfers.

As Tomcat says if McCurdy and a Bigman leave then Arkansas will bring in another guard that they feel will make an immediate impact next season.

I am not sure if it is going to be another PG, because that is the position that Bush will play and they are recruiting Clarke and Harris as PGs for the 2008 class.

Over the last month I have seen several JC shooting guards added to the recruiting list that hints at that position being a higher priority then PG.Those SG prospects range in height from 6-3 to 6-5 which we need more of in the SEC.

blueshog2001

So what is Nate classified as?  I thought he was a SG.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: blueshog2001 on March 13, 2007, 12:13:33 pm
So what is Nate classified as?  I thought he was a SG.

SG - A taller more broad shouldered Lee Humphrey (Florida)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Razorod

sounds like the hogs may finally be getting the kind of guards they need to run the motion offense.

a lot of folks have complained about Hipsher, but the problem may have been more about personnel rather than coaching.

if the hogs can get warren and clarke next year, guard play shouldn't be a problem for some time.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Conway Cool Daddy

They mentioned Walker on DTS yesterday. I think they also mentioned the possibility of McCurdy leaving.
We are in desperate need of a PG for next year, any help we can get would go a long way in improving our offense.
We have to take the pressure off of Ervin. Ball handling and TOs are our biggest weaknesses.

It is interesting to note that Hill, Townes, and Thomas all will be gone after next year. We really have some holes to fill in the middle.
Thank God for MW.