Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas offer Big Back

Started by jhudson84, March 09, 2007, 09:08:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

Arkansas has offered running back Richard Watson of FAMU HS, Tallahassee, Florida.
Richard is 6-1 220 and runs a 4.6, he currently sports 6 offers including, Arkansas, Ohio St., Clemson, and Alabama.  This one has five star wrote all over it and would be a tremendous back for the UofA.  Will be higher rated than DJ and DeAnthony. 

Heres the only problem I have,  is this not an out of state Broderick Green?  Why does he get the early offer and Green doesnt last year.  Hes a power runner like Broderick, why would we offer when the excuse was after Green's recruitment, that Danny likes the slasher and speedy types.

Nonetheless if we could pull this one off ( dont think so ) the Florida school are chomping at the bit, it would be the biggest out of state committment in a long time.

jhudson84

Stats:

1600 yards and 26 touchdowns as a junior including 123 yards in a state championship win.

Hollywood_HOGan

interesting

i thought 4.6 was too slow for a tailback in our system (B.Green)

DeCori Green Eggs and Birmingham

Maybe he is willing to play fullback?

jhudson84

HE'LL be the a top 2 or 3 rb in the nation, I think this has OSU all over it.

Hawgballz

March 09, 2007, 11:42:13 am #5 Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 11:51:52 am by HawgBall06
Quote from: jhudson84 on March 09, 2007, 10:49:04 am

I know that the early rankings don't mean everything, but scout has him as a 1* and they have seventeen 2* backs listed ahead of him.  I would find it hard to believe he could be 1 of the top 2 or 3 backs in the country with the perceived lack of speed.  I would guess at best he will fall in the 10 to 20 range, with that said I want him to be a Razorback.  Dennis Johnson & De'Anthony Curtis are also rated 1*s.  In rivals Watson & Curtis are listed in the Top 250 for 2008 but are not in the Top 100, so although both will be rated very highly, I don't think either will be in the top 2 or 3 RBs in the country.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 09, 2007, 11:42:13 am

I know that the early rankings don't mean everything, but scout has him as a 1* and they have seventeen 2* backs listed ahead of him.  I would find it hard to believe he could be 1 of the top 2 or 3 backs in the country with the perceived lack of speed.  I would guess at best he will fall in the 10 to 20 range, with that said I want him to be a Razorback.  Dennis Johnson & De'Anthony Curtis are also rated 1*s.  In rivals Watson & Curtis are listed in the Top 250 for 2008 but are not in the Top 100, so although both will be rated very highly, I don't think either will be in the top 2 or 3 RBs in the country.

If I heard correctly the other day, being in the top 250 with Rivals, means you will be a 4* at the least. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hawgballz

Quote from: dubyacee on March 09, 2007, 12:26:38 pm

If I heard correctly the other day, being in the top 250 with Rivals, means you will be a 4* at the least. 

That is correct. 

darazorback

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 09, 2007, 09:10:01 am
Stats:

1600 yards and 26 touchdowns as a junior including 123 yards in a state championship win.

Well those stats are definately nothing to "shake a stick at"

Space Man

Scout has not even looked at most of the juniors around the country yet, and their rankings will change drastically.  You are wasting your time if you are placing a lot of stock in Scout's ratings, because they suck.  Deangelo Williams was rated a 1 star by scout.  They clearly had not seen him play, and they are not as accurate as rivals. 

southern hawg

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 09, 2007, 09:08:55 am
Arkansas has offered running back Richard Watson of FAMU HS, Tallahassee, Florida.
Richard is 6-1 220 and runs a 4.6, he currently sports 6 offers including, Arkansas, Ohio St., Clemson, and Alabama.  This one has five star wrote all over it and would be a tremendous back for the UofA.  Will be higher rated than DJ and DeAnthony. 

Heres the only problem I have,  is this not an out of state Broderick Green?  Why does he get the early offer and Green doesnt last year.  Hes a power runner like Broderick, why would we offer when the excuse was after Green's recruitment, that Danny likes the slasher and speedy types.

Nonetheless if we could pull this one off ( dont think so ) the Florida school are chomping at the bit, it would be the biggest out of state committment in a long time.
I believe losing players like Ziemba, Burns, and Green has certainly lit a fire under Houston's butt as far as offering these recruits earlier and ensuring Arkansas is not the 9th, 10th, or 11th school to offer as in Brodericks case.  I also believe this can be attributed to the outrage expressed by the fans.

razorjacket2006

Has anyone noticed all the early offers this year compared to last year?  Coincidence I think not, nuttyboy needs a job.
D-Mac is great at RB and QB so lets see what he can do at Head Coach

Adam Stokes

Quote from: razorjacket2006 on March 09, 2007, 06:22:48 pm
Has anyone noticed all the early offers this year compared to last year?  Coincidence I think not, nuttyboy needs a job.

Houston has "always done more with less".  If he actually sticks around long enough to see this class to fruitition it will be interesting how they perform.  Recruiting has been one of the many knocks agaist Houston, and it seems we will do much better this year from how we seem to be recruiting hard early.  Not sure how much of the recruiting Nutt is actually doing apart from our Junior Day, but the assistants sure are doing a good job.

LJHOG

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 09, 2007, 09:08:55 am

What classification does he play in?  I thought Brodrick Green played in a lower classification in Arkansas.  From the film of him I hope that's the case cause those guys on defenses looked awful small and not too fast.  If this kid plays in Florida's highest or next to the top classification then the numbers mean more.

IceHawG

ill take a RB from Florida over one from arkansas any day with comparable numbers. Arkansas HS football lacks defense-- Hint see PA vs. Greenwood.

jhudson84

BG played in the 5A, there are 7 classifications.  He was also in a pass-orientated offense.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: IceHawG on March 10, 2007, 10:49:08 am
ill take a RB from Florida over one from arkansas any day with comparable numbers. Arkansas HS football lacks defense-- Hint see PA vs. Greenwood.

another difference arkansas at least had a shot with green

we got no shot with this guy

Hawgballz

March 12, 2007, 11:30:45 pm #17 Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:32:37 pm by HawgBall06
Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on March 12, 2007, 10:25:02 pm

The same way we had no shot at Carlton Salters or Michael Smith from Tallahassee, FL.  You never know if you don't try.  With the running game we have had over the last several years in the SEC, I would expect just about any RB to at least give us a look.

jackflash

I just like the fact were going in FLORIDA, most every kid we get their seem to produce. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Razorhog2006q

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 12, 2007, 04:25:10 pm
BG played in the 5A, there are 7 classifications.  He was also in a pass-orientated offense.

Which is the same classification that Darren McFadden played in.

BigPapaHawg

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

WPS!
WOO PIG

VenturaHog

Quote from: Tomcat on March 15, 2007, 05:22:50 pm
Quote from: jackflash on March 15, 2007, 03:03:21 pm
I just like the fact were going in FLORIDA, most every kid we get their seem to produce. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I hope Juwan continues that tradition!

Here here, I agree man. He was one of the more intriguing pick ups of the year to me, I'm very interested to see if he works out at tb.

hogwild54

Stats:

see something is wrong with this becouse a more athletic better sized running back with the initials dj put up better numbers than that.......wanna know who ?...Darcel Johnson of marion had over 2,000 yards.31 touchdowns and ran for over 250 yards against eventual state champions greenwood...that was in his junior year but haggled by injuries his senior year he still put up better numbers and the only reason this guy from out of state was even offered is becouse of his name and his offers...;why not stay in the state nut
Run Darren Run

Hawgballz

Quote from: hogwild54 on March 16, 2007, 08:19:48 am
Stats:

see something is wrong with this becouse a more athletic better sized running back with the initials dj put up better numbers than that.......wanna know who ?...Darcel Johnson of marion had over 2,000 yards.31 touchdowns and ran for over 250 yards against eventual state champions greenwood...that was in his junior year but haggled by injuries his senior year he still put up better numbers and the only reason this guy from out of state was even offered is becouse of his name and his offers...;why not stay in the state nut

If you hand out offers based on stats alone, then the young man who set the all-time single season rushing yardage mark for the state of Arkansas this year (played for Nettleton, I can not remember his name off the top of my head), would have gotton offers from all over the country.  I have not seen Darcel Johnson play, but I have been told he is a step slow and that is the most likely reason he did not get big time attention.  It is my understanding that he is walking-on at Arkansas and I certainly wish him the very best.  I have heard he will make a run at either FB or LB, is that correct?

TheHogFan

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on March 12, 2007, 10:25:02 pm

How in the world would you know that already? You may be right, but how do know?

Space Man

The pass oriented offense helped out Broderick Green big time.  The defenses were spread out, so he did not have to face defensive fronts, such as a Darren McFadden in high school.  Howevr, He is still a good back who should have been recruited by the UofA.  I do think that Richard Watson is the better tailback of the two, he is a step faster.   Broderick Green has the size and ability, and good field vision, but he will face a new challenge in college football, playing against defenders who can close quicker even when the field is spread out. 

jhudson84

Nettleton RB: Derek Lawson signed w/ ASU,

Hawgballz

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 16, 2007, 12:58:11 pm
Nettleton RB: Derek Lawson signed w/ ASU,

Thank you, I just could not think of his name this morning.  Had to go look it up.

Louis33

March 17, 2007, 08:31:45 pm #29 Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 08:35:19 pm by Louis33
I think that we all get caught up in 40 times and forget about things like heart,ability,personality.Broderick Green had tons of yards in a losing effort and his response to reporters was that at least he proved that he could play at USC or Ohio State.I'll take a kid with 4.5 speed and 3.5 heart :Peyton Hillis,Marcus Monk. If your feet move faster than your brain all you do is make mistakes faster and get out of position faster.

DeltaBoy

Nutt is just desperate to save his six since Pappa Frank Broyles is leaving in December.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hog caller

it's just so they can say they offered him but.

jkcrunch

Quote from: Razorhog2006q on March 15, 2007, 03:44:21 pm

Which is the same classification that Darren McFadden played in.

DMAC is a freak that happens once a decade in Ark. 

CarlDeen

Most people rate recruiting based on the number of stars. That does have a basis, but it is not everything. Nutt must be doing something right considering the the difficulty of recruiting to Fayetteville and the number of high draft choices this year.

wooly

Quote from: razorjacket2006 on March 09, 2007, 06:22:48 pm

correct, I think somebody's done some listening.