Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Louisana TE talks recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 08, 2007, 05:53:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

March 08, 2007, 05:53:11 pm Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 05:56:06 pm by Richard Davenport
Matt Branch is a 6'6 245 pound TE with 4.85 speed from Sterlington HS, Sterlington La. Matt was 1st Team Class 2A All-State and had 17 receptions for 234 yards last season. Matt was kind of enough to return my call. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: Tell me your offers?

Matt: Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU and Ole Miss.

TRG: Who offered first?

Matt: Ole Miss offered first. Then Tennessee, Arkansas and then LSU offered while I was there for Jr day.

TRG: Tell me your bench and squat?

Matt: I bench 270 and squat 385.

TRG: What was the best part of LSU's Jr day for you?

Matt: That was the first Jr day I've been to. The best part was talking to Coach Miles and how they explained to me about the academics.

TRG: How many letters do you get a day?

Matt: About 20 to 30 a day.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Matt: Coach Vaughn and Coach Campbell.

TRG: How often do you get contacted?

Matt: They send me a letter or two a day and I get a few texts a day. Ole Miss, LSU and Arkansas text me the most.

TRG: What spring games do you plan to attend?

Matt: Ole Miss, LSU and Arkansas.

TRG: What's the main thing you're looking for in a school?

Matt: Where I feel the most comfortbale.

TRG: When do you plan visits and a decision?

Matt: I'll probably make my official visits during the seasion. I'll probably make my decision before Thanksgiving if not then definitely before Christmas.

Matt plans to make some SR camps but has decided on which ones. He's not sure about his major in college but is leaning towards to financial or engineering. I plan to stay in touch with Matt and his recruiting.

pioneerhog

As always another great interview TRG. I have a question though, is Nutt and Co actually out recruiting? It seems that most of the recruits you talk to know who is recruiting them and are getting contacted regularly.

Hogstocking

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 08, 2007, 08:23:35 pm
As always another great interview TRG. I have a question though, is Nutt and Co actually out recruiting? It seems that most of the recruits you talk to know who is recruiting them and are getting contacted regularly.

Took the words right out of my fingers.   It's very refreshing to hear recruits  know the coaches names and that we are staying in contact.  The difference is night and day from last year.

Joe

Quote from: Hogstocking on March 08, 2007, 08:33:09 pm

Took the words right out of my fingers.   It's very refreshing to hear recruits  know the coaches names and that we are staying in contact.  The difference is night and day from last year.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: You are dead on, Hogstocking. Hopefully we will have a different caliber of recruiting class next year. I know you told me a couple of months ago that the fruits of our 10 win season would not be seenuntil 2008, so far it is appearing to be going down just like that.
     Great interview, keep them coming!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

pigger10

Shocktheman

darazorback

Damn Do you ever not get a good interview? I mean honestly your always so insightful and on the money with the kids you talk to.

HogNuttz

I really don't feel good about any TE prospect outside the state coming to Arkansas.  Even big kids who know their future is in a blocking TE type position still like to get the ball on occasion.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

wholehog92

From a graduate of the engineering school, the next time you might let him know it is ranked in the top 50 programs in the country by USA today.  Thats pretty incredible for a state school. And something we're quite pround of.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

HamShank

Quote from: Hogstocking on March 08, 2007, 08:33:09 pm

Took the words right out of my fingers.   It's very refreshing to hear recruits  know the coaches names and that we are staying in contact.  The difference is night and day from last year.

I don't know this, but it seems to me that the disappointment always comes closer to the end of recruiting.  Recruits tend to say, "They were real high on me before, but I haven't heard from them in weeks."  Not trying to be Dr. No here; just seems that we're still in the honeymoon phase.

HOGansHero

Sterlington is not too far off the border from Arkansas. It is probably about 30-45 minutes from Hamburg/Crossett.  Give him a chance he may come to Arkansas. Nutt has thrown to a capable tight end before - Davenport. If he has a good one again, he would not mind throwing it to him again.

Adam Stokes

The period where most recruits couldn't remember the coaches names were during the dead periods, so once we reach that point we can make adjustments.  I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure coaches are still allowed to return calls during the dead period, if not text back and forth, so since it seems we are tecting more kids it might have a better effect during the quiet and dead periods.

jackflash

With Campbell being moved from the on field coaching can he still recruit? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

steelers-hawgs 1 love

TRG OUTSTANDING REPORTS FROM ALL THE RECRUITS AND ALL THE RECRUITING INFO ..LIKE TOO HERE YOU ON PRESS ROW ALSO

Tammany Tom

With LSU being short on scholarships this year and with two Rivals Top 100 to watch for in 2008 also located in LA (Chase Clement and Tyler Edwards) I can see Matt Branch going out of state. Tyler Edwards is an almost certain lock for LSU and from what I've heard Chase Clement is a LSU lean and I can't see LSU taking more than 2 TE's. 

From what I've read and heard Matt Branch is a very good player and prospect. The team he commits to will be quite fortunate.