Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB LaMichael James of Texarkana (TX) Liberty-Eylau talks

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 04, 2007, 10:27:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

LaMichael is 5'10 185 with 4.35 speed. He ran for over 1,500 yards last season to go along with 426 yards receiving and 19 TDs. I talked to LaMichael this afternoon and this is what he had to say.

TRG: What are your offers?

LaMichael: Oklahoma State, Tulsa and Houston.

TRG: Who's recruiting you the hardest?

LaMichael: Texas and Oklahoma State have been. Arkansas and Houston started recruiting me hard last week.

TRG: How many texts do you get in a day?

LaMichael: About 100 a day.

TRG: Is there a particular coach you really connect with?

LaMichael: I have a really good relationship with the Oklahoma State RB coach. I talk to him every other day. He talks to me the most.

TRG: Who's sends you the most letters?

LaMichael: Texas.

TRG: Do you plan to make any SR camps?

LaMichael: I'll go to the Nike combine and I plan to go to others.

TRG: Do you have any favorite schools?

LaMichael: I like them all.

TRG: Any idea when you might make a decision?

LaMichael: I haven't really thought about it much.

TRG: What was your best game last year?

LaMichael: All my playoff games. The Gilmer game I had around 140 yards and 5 TDs.

LaMichael was tight lipped about naming any favorite schools. He's a very savvy young man. I plan to stay in touch with LaMichael.

mossfan33

I know a coach at LE.  I will talk to him about this kid.  He told me about the Middlebrooks kid way b4 he committed to A&M (now he's gonna get drafted high in the MLB draft).  We really need to get into Texarkana for baseball and football.  LE, Hooks, Texas high, Arkansas high,etc.... it's loaded.
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

bosshawg38

I see Oklahoma State is a school we are consistently recruiting against.

HamShank

Quote from: bosshawg38 on March 05, 2007, 12:28:00 am

And losing to.  Is there any recruit in the last two years that Oklahoma State hasn't beaten us for?

woodworth

We got Madison and Williams (as previously stated) along with Bret Harris and Grant Cook. Michael Harris may have been offered by OSU as well. We lost William Cole (which admittedly hurt badly). James Thomas tried to commit to us but we turned him down and he went to OSU. So last year we went 4-1 (maybe 5-1) against them.

Quote from: HamShank on March 05, 2007, 07:22:26 am

And losing to.  Is there any recruit in the last two years that Oklahoma State hasn't beaten us for?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: woodworth on March 05, 2007, 10:53:56 am
We got Madison and Williams (as previously stated) along with Bret Harris and Grant Cook. Michael Harris may have been offered by OSU as well. We lost William Cole (which admittedly hurt badly). James Thomas tried to commit to us but we turned him down and he went to OSU. So last year we went 4-1 (maybe 5-1) against them.

That's about right. Harris was offered by OSU.

pigsooiec5

I actually went to high school at L-E.  I don't know LaMichael, because I graduated in 2002.  I will say one thing, of all the D1 recruits we've had, I can't think of any that have made a very big splash at the college level.  In 2000 we won the state championship and none of the guys from that team did all that well.  Brandon Jones, who went to OU, made it to the NFL and has stuck for a couple of years, but he really wasn't all that remarkable during his tenure with the Sooners.  I always root for guys from my HS to do well.  I'd love to have a Leopard to cheer for in a U of A uniform.

501Ben

DJ Williams, Bret Harris, Isaac Madison that is just off the top of my head. I am sure is there is more.

Oklahawg

We recruited Jarod Glover of Bixby hard. He committed to Nebraska first, and then went with Okie State.

We were an early favorite for Jacoby Reed but never offered.

We were likely never a candidate to land Dez Bryant, although fans sure wanted it to happen.

Ryan Broyles committed to Okie State over UA (amid Gus leaving, etc etc) and then wound up at BlowU.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

darazorback

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 05, 2007, 09:33:33 pm
We recruited Jarod Glover of Bixby hard. He committed to Nebraska first, and then went with Okie State.

We were likely never a candidate to land Dez Bryant, although fans sure wanted it to happen.

Ryan Broyles committed to Okie State over UA (amid Gus leaving, etc etc) and then wound up at BlowU.

I'd say over time that it all prolly is a wash and niether really has an edge over the other in the long hall.

Hogstocking

Joe

Quote from: Hogstocking on March 06, 2007, 06:08:33 pm
James' highlight video is very impressive.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Hogstocking, that IS a very impressive video, good point. He appears to be an extremely elusive runner. With a nose for finding open space. He would be a great pick up for the Razorbacks.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: 
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

blueshog2001

How many runningbacks are we going to offer next year?  We have offered Johnson and Curtis?  Would we recruit another runningback?

Hogstocking

Quote from: blueshog2001 on March 07, 2007, 09:39:18 am
How many runningbacks are we going to offer next year?  We have offered Johnson and Curtis?  Would we recruit another runningback?

IMO we should sign 3 RB's again this year.  From what I've read, the coaches are telling recruits Felix will likely enter the draft.  DMAC will be a top pick and Hillis is gone.  That leaves us with Smith and the 3 guys we signed in February.  Smith has some experience, but they're all unproven.  IMO we should we should load up (sign 3 again) for the usual reasons...position changes, injuries, grades, depth etc.etc.

Hogstocking

March 08, 2007, 09:05:03 pm #16 Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 05:58:11 am by Hogstocking
BTW...Arkansas offered RB Richard Watson of Tallahassee FL....He averaged almost 10 yards a carry and rushed for over 2000 yards as a junior.  He has some big time offers.

http://www.arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=57086

woodworth

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 05, 2007, 09:33:33 pm

We backed off Glover, and to my knowledge never offered Reed, Bryant, or Broyles (we may have offered Bryant VERY LATE because Jermaine Love was talking to him for us, but we absolutely did not offer Ryan Broyles)

Hog Realist

woodworth is on, we never offered Broyles regardless of what u hear

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Hog Realist on March 12, 2007, 11:59:10 pm

You're right. Ryan told me Arkansas never offered.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 13, 2007, 09:43:53 am

Why?  Grades, what?

Hawgballz

Quote from: TheHOGDog_111 on March 13, 2007, 07:36:49 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 13, 2007, 09:43:53 am

Why?  Grades, what?

It was my understanding that the staff felt that we were on better prospects at that time.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

VenturaHog

hey is there any video of this kid not on a paysite? I am very interested.

Space Man

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: VenturaHog on March 16, 2007, 04:51:54 am

Coach Hooker is sending us a tape. Hope to have it up soon.

VenturaHog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 16, 2007, 03:39:37 pm
Quote from: VenturaHog on March 16, 2007, 04:51:54 am

Coach Hooker is sending us a tape. Hope to have it up soon.

thanks trg