Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Sanchez

Started by IceHawG, March 04, 2007, 01:27:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IceHawG

With the possibility of Arkansas getting a new coach, it is likely that a player or two will leave. With that in mind, wouldnt it be a good idea to bring in Sanchez to groom him to be ready for when Townes, Hill, and Thomas graduate?
My question is, would it be best for him to go to prep school then come here, or redshirt at the UofA next year.

Hawgballz

Quote from: IceHawG on March 04, 2007, 01:27:04 pm
With the possibility of Arkansas getting a new coach, it is likely that a player or two will leave. With that in mind, wouldnt it be a good idea to bring in Sanchez to groom him to be ready for when Townes, Hill, and Thomas graduate?
My question is, would it be best for him to go to prep school then come here, or redshirt at the UofA next year.

As it works out right now, the prep school route will be the best way for him to go, but if there were to be more than 1 leave the U of A then his being in the 2007 class could be a possibility.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HawgG

It won't take a new coach to have a couple of players leave.Their are a some slackers on the team that will transfer at season's end.

I guess Sanchez is a possibility but not likely.Arkansas has a couple of guard prospects they are involved with in PG Marcus Walker and SG Kevin Davis.If Heath is still the HC next mouth expect him to add another guard that will provide immediate help.

IceHawG

i just hope we leave guard spots open for Rotnei Clark and Willie Warren for 2007-2008

HamminItUp

Quote from: HawgG on March 04, 2007, 04:43:13 pm

Who do you see leaving? I have heard rumblings about McCurdy but are there any other players you think we might be losing?

It won't take a new coach to have a couple of players leave.Their are a some slackers on the team that will transfer at season's end.

I guess Sanchez is a possibility but not likely.Arkansas has a couple of guard prospects they are involved with in PG Marcus Walker and SG Kevin Davis.If Heath is still the HC next mouth expect him to add another guard that will provide immediate help.

HawgG

Quote from: HamminITUPWho do you see leaving? I have heard rumblings about McCurdy but are there any other players you think we might be losing?

That is one of the rumors out there.Also there have been rumblings of Cyrus McGowen and maybe Vncent Hunter.I have heard that Hunter could in up at UAPB next season.

Right now the Hogs are trying to win a few more games before next Sunday.

One thing is for certain we will know alout all of this less then a month from now.

#1 STUNNA

they should have got james anderson

ledhead830

Quote from: HawgG on March 04, 2007, 09:47:49 pm
Quote from: HamminITUPWho do you see leaving? I have heard rumblings about McCurdy but are there any other players you think we might be losing?

That is one of the rumors out there.Also there have been rumblings of Cyrus McGowen and maybe Vncent Hunter.I have heard that Hunter could in up at UAPB next season.

One thing is for certain we will know about all of this less then a month from now.

Hunter is a redshirt junior. He won't have time to play anywhere in D1. I don't think he'll transfer.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

jhudson84

I'm sure it wont be his decision.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: ledhead830 on March 04, 2007, 10:36:51 pm

One thing is for certain we will know about all of this less then a month from now.

Hunter is a redshirt junior. He won't have time to play anywhere in D1. I don't think he'll transfer.

I don't believe Hunter would have to sit out if he transfered to UAPB. Why he'd want to go there though, I don't know. 
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hogfan98

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 04, 2007, 09:57:37 pm
they should have got james anderson

it's not like they didn't try.

pigger10

i was wondering about the sanchez kid. has he signed with anyone yet, if not who all is recruiting him. havent heard much on him in a while.

Space Man

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 05, 2007, 04:18:55 pm

He would be the star, and could hang around the perimeter and jack 3's all day. 

I don't believe Hunter would have to sit out if he transfered to UAPB. Why he'd want to go there though, I don't know. 

spurrr

I don't see Sanchez or Rakestraw at the UA. Bequette held Sanchez in check last Friday night and he is a football player. I haven't seen Rakestraw hit too many shots on the move this yr>

g.lynn

Quote from: pigger10 on March 05, 2007, 06:34:23 pm
i was wondering about the sanchez kid. has he signed with anyone yet, if not who all is recruiting him. havent heard much on him in a while.

If I were a gambling man, I'd wager Sanchez ends up at UNLV.

Rakestraw recruited by Stan but if I were Stan, or whoever's next, I'd have concerns about Rakestraw's lateral quickness in the SEC.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

dirtydoghog

Quote from: g.lynn on March 09, 2007, 10:49:03 am
Quote from: pigger10 on March 05, 2007, 06:34:23 pm

If I were a gambling man, I'd wager Sanchez ends up at UNLV.

Rakestraw recruited by Stan but if I were Stan, or whoever's next, I'd have concerns about Rakestraw's lateral quickness in the SEC.

After watching Rakestraw the past few weeks, I believe he is quick enough to really help us.  He looks to me like a player that will not be a liability on defense and will be a great spot up shooter.  Remember, even Reddick was a stand still shooter when he started at Duke.  I think Rakestraw is much closer to the player that we thought McCurdy would be. 
I also know that Tenn and Mizzo were looking at this kid, I think his quickness is less of an issue than many of us believed. 

oldfart

he would go there just like Derrick Poole.... for a chance to play.......

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 05, 2007, 04:18:55 pm

diehardrbackfan

March 09, 2007, 05:25:53 pm #17 Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 12:29:43 am by diehardrbackfan

spurrr

Don't see him contributing. Constantly is beat after the opponents first step and that is HS ball! We'll wait and see.

diehardrbackfan

March 09, 2007, 07:19:20 pm #19 Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:25:06 pm by diehardrbackfan

Hog Realist

Rakestraw was offered because Oklahoma and Tennessee started recruiting him and UT offered after his big performances vs. top competition this summer. 

diehardrbackfan

March 10, 2007, 02:12:20 pm #21 Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 12:27:43 am by diehardrbackfan

Hog Realist

Ok well whatever the case is, that is the reason he was offered

tbob

Have you ever seen Rakestraw play? He is not lead footed like Pat Bradley. I think you are thoroughly underestimating him and his value to the team next year. You probably wouldn't have wanted Lee Humphreys of Florida either, too white, too slow, etc. Rakestraw will be a good fit next year when Irvin and Welsh are clanging 3's and Beverly is having an off game.

Hog Fan from Camden

Arkansas needs a shooter, Rakestraw fits the bill.  I think he will do just fine.

jackflash

I also believe if their is another recruit add this year it will be a guard or swingman. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hog Fan from Camden

I have never seen Sanchez or Rackstraw play.  I've heard a lot about Rackstraws ability to shoot the three, what does Sanchez bring to the table?

jhudson84

Sanchez has a nice arsenal of moves and his very quick for his size.  Didnt show the ability to step out but can hit a 10 footer.  Rakestraw showed me alot more than just the 3.

Space Man

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 14, 2007, 12:21:59 pm
Sanchez has a nice arsenal of moves and his very quick for his size.  Didnt show the ability to step out but can hit a 10 footer.  Rakestraw showed me alot more than just the 3.

I only saw Rakestraw play in a summer league game, and he can shoot the trey, but can he dribble or create his own shot, summer league games do not show a true picture.