Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phillip Doakes signs w/ Tulsa

Started by jhudson84, March 02, 2007, 12:28:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

Not sure if this has been reported or not, but 6'6 WR from N. Little Rock, Phillip Doakes has signed a LOI with Tulsa.  Commenting that the chance to play in Gus Malzhan's spread offense was the deciding factor.

ceegar

Mentioned he would grey shirt and then be ready in 08.  Nice job Philip.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

tbob

Yawn. The Golden Hurricane board is elsewhere.

jhudson84

yawn......phillip doakes is an arkansas athelte, who many are interested in.  The I have nothing to intelligent to say so I try to be a smart@$$ board is elsewhere.

bird21

i couldnt find that board anywhere. i looked all morning...help??>>>

bigbrutha

Quote from: jhudson84 on March 02, 2007, 12:28:24 pm
Not sure if this has been reported or not, but 6'6 WR from N. Little Rock, Phillip Doakes has signed a LOI with Tulsa.  Commenting that the chance to play in Gus Malzhan's spread offense was the deciding factor.

I feel sorry for the fact you care enough about Tulsa recruits to post that on here.  Nutthuggers pale in comparison to Gushuggers.  

jhudson84

I dont like Nutt or Gus.  I cant name one player on the Tulsa roster.  Arkansas was recruiting this guy as a walk on, therefore he is of interest to many who keep up with Razorback recruiting and the state of Arkansas recruiting in general.  So I dont understand why you two do not think this is worthy of posting?  Are you a member of the same message board as tbob?
Bird21 could you please point this one in the right direction as well?

jhudson84

And brutha, going back and looking at your post and your handle....Ive made the assumption they you are a Hugger......I rest my case......

bigbrutha

Your assumptions mean a lot to me.

jhudson84

they really should....you have obviously fallen behind on your current events.
Not an assumption but rather a fact.

jpghog

any news on Brett Moncrief, Doakes' teammate and Sidney's son.  I haven't heard where he will play if anywhere.

bird21

y would you ask that? these two kids on here are upset with malzahn so anything said about tulsa or a player not going to fayetteville would be against the rules. right? did you two get upset when kodi burns committed to auburn, did u cry about the board that people were talking about that on?  do you keep up with recruiting? then you should know that many people in arkansas are interested in this.  im sure u didnt cry about ziemba did you? should we have talked about him on here after he committed elsewhere? you're just a kid who is mad at malzahn for going to a different school.  im sure its okay with alot of people if somebody posts about a prospect coming out of arkansas going to a different school on this board. 

IceHawG

Tulsa recruiting will hurt Ark. St., UCA, and Tech more than Arkansas.

jhudson84

Quote from: IceHawG on March 07, 2007, 08:06:56 pm
Tulsa recruiting will hurt Ark. St., UCA, and Tech more than Arkansas.

Agreed and I do not think Tulsa will ever steal away any of the TOP players in the state, unless there is some kind of personal connection going on up there.

bird21

i dont know how much it would affect ASU...

Kicking Wing

It affected ASU and UA this year.  I wouldn't sya UCA at this point or Tech because if UA, ASU or Tulsa offer a kid then UCA and Tech are pretty much out of it anyway.

UA tried to get Clay and he had committed to ASU before Tulsa signed him.  Whitmore is a good enough athlete that he could play for UA as well and in most years the hogs go after a few guys like him towards the end to round out their class.

Tulsa will impact recruiting in Arkansas.  Recruiting has so much to do with HS coaches and relationships and those guys still worship Malzahn.

tbob

yawn......phillip doakes is an arkansas athelte, who many are interested in.  The I have nothing to intelligent to say so I try to be a smart@$$ board is elsewhere.>>

Just saw your post jhudson84. Phillip Doakes was an afterthought for Arkansas and wasn't a loss to our recruiting efforts. Maybe I can go to the smart ass board but you need to look for the dumbass board, it is located on the link www.goldenhurricanesandgusforever.com

bird21

tbob, you dont even know what you are talking about.  jhudson84 never said that arkansas recruited doakes, he said he is an arkansas athlete.  tbob, your just the typical arkansas fan that hates people that leave arkansas, regardless of the circumstances.  you hate malzahn, mustain and whoever else left arkansas. if any arkansas athlete signs with anybody else, i would like to know just because i was arkansas high school football.  just because he signed with tulsa doesnt mean somebody body on here cant say it.

jhudson84

I've already stated Im not a Tulsa or Gus fan.  I am A FAN OF ARKANSAS FOOTBALL.....ASU, ARKANSAS, HENDERSON ST, BRYANT, JUNCTION CITY......does not matter.  If Bryant Newell of Bentonville is to sign next year with Ole Miss, I will report if no one else has: Bryant Newell signs w/ Ole Miss.  He was recruited as a walk on for Arkansas and was never offered a scholarship, and I never said he was our top priority over even option B,C, or D.  I simply stated the college choice of a kid who played high school football in the state of Arkansas.  Now if you were abused by Gus Malzahn or anyone else at the University of Tulsa when you were a child then it is understandable why you cringe at the simple mentioning of the name.