Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Youngblood talks about commitment

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 27, 2007, 01:53:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

February 27, 2007, 01:53:22 pm Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 01:56:31 pm by Richard Davenport
Just talked to Jim a few minutes ago

TRG: Why did you commit today?

Jim: When I got up there for Junior Day it felt like home. I got to sit down and talk with Coach Nutt and Coach Lee and they told me what all I could do there and said the sky is the limit for me.

TRG: What did Coach Nutt and Coach Lee say about their expectations of you?

Jim : They said with my body and arm they are looking for me to play as a Freshman. They feel that I fit into the offense perfectly and they said they plan to throw the ball more.

TRG: What unofficial visits have you taken to other schools?

Jim: Texas A&M, Auburn and Texas.

TRG: Have you started recruiting your teammates to Arkansas ?

Jim:  I started on them the moment I committed. I'm pushing them hard.

I was thrilled to be able to talk to Jim shortly after he committed. I could tell in his voice he was overjoyed. I would like to thank Jim's dad Stan again for texting me about his commitment. I wish the Youngblood family the very best.

Hogstocking

arkfanchip

arkfanchip

February 27, 2007, 01:59:28 pm #3 Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 02:06:39 pm by arkfanchip
Hey JIM if you read this this afternoon, If you start a game as a freshman I will let you shave my head again. You know ia m good for it, I was last time.

J.A.Y.

That's great! Can't wait to see you in the Hog uniform, Jim.

I love it when Arkansas boys stay home, welcome to the family.

Great Job as usual Richard!
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

edt

Welcome to the hog family Jim. You made a good choice.

MartHog

Fairview Cardinals and Arkansas Razorbacks - what is better?
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

TEXAS=Orange.  Tennessee=Orange.  TEXAS=Tennessee.  And I wouldn't root for TEXAS if they were playing the fricking Taliban.  So I guess that means I wouldn't root for the Vols either.  Or the fricking Rebels.  Hell, I hate 'em all.

leavenworth1

Big time pick-up!  Great start on next year's class.  Wow, wasn't expecting this. But, it's early, things could change if we don't throw the ball any in 2007. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

[quote author=
Quote from: leavenworth1 on February 27, 2007, 02:35:45 pm
Big time pick-up!  Great start on next year's class.  Wow, wasn't expecting this. But, it's early, things could change if we don't throw the ball any in 2007. 

How can you take a thread made for JY and use it just piss on HDN??  Take that crap down stairs...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGansHero

Quote from: arkfanchip on February 27, 2007, 01:59:28 pm
Hey JIM if you read this this afternoon, If you start a game as a freshman I will let you shave my head again. You know ia m good for it, I was last time.

I applaud you for letting him shave your head.

HOGansHero

hog_fan

How many times are recruits going to believe this crap. He has told recruit after recruit we would throw more and it doesn't happen.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: hog_fan on February 27, 2007, 03:17:37 pm
How many times are recruits going to believe this crap. He has told recruit after recruit we would throw more and it doesn't happen.

Blah, blah, blah.  Great pickup. Quit raining on the parade.  Now we just need to go after an SEC caliber receiver or two.

HamShank

WBChogfan

My question is this:  Why is HDN saying he is planning to play Youngblood as a freshman?  Or is he blowing smoke?

Casey Dick will be a Senior.  Chaisson and Nathan Dick will be sophomores (or redshirt freshmen).  Why on earth would they play a freshman in that scenario?

Shocktheman

HOGSWEAT

this has got to get us an upperhand on getting Curtis... hes supposed to be real good too isnt he?*crosses fingers*

blueshog2001

He will play as a freshmen for Van Horn.  I honestly hope he doesn't see the football field his freshmen season.  If he does then that means Casey gets hurt or both of the freshmen are busts.  It is always good to redshirt a year. Especially at QB. Jones was able to get away with it because of his sandlot style of play. But this is a great pick up for the Hogs.

Stella

Passing more could mean at least 10 times per game.  Don't get drawn in with that line Jim, you are not the first to heard that from Nutt and Lee!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Stella on February 27, 2007, 04:01:52 pm
Passing more could mean at least 10 times per game.  Don't get drawn in with that line Jim, you are not the first to heard that from Nutt and Lee!

Dude if your post keeps Jim from coming to Arkansas, I'm going to be super mad.

UhOhioHog

What a great pick up!  I have heard great things about this kid from my Camden connections.  95mph fastball may be the worst thing going for the football team.  Remember Jim, MLB will wait for you.

Hawgvillain

Awesome news!  I'm really excited that we are getting some commitments early this year...if we have most of the great in-state talent committed early it allows us to do two things - focus our attention/resources on the best out of state kids and gather the momentum that comes with having a good class (which will help both this year and in the future).

Congrats to the Youngbloods!

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Littlehog AR

Quote from: MartHog on February 27, 2007, 02:25:46 pm
That's wild cause the Razorbacks were originally the Arkansas Cardinals

RD

The Coletrain

Quote from: RD on February 27, 2007, 06:16:24 pm
Tyler Wilson of Greenwood is better.

Glad you think so, Tyler.   ;)

J/K.  This is a great commitment.  I think we're all excited to have Jim on board!!  But to your point, if Tyler's better who says we're not going to sign two QBs??  I think that's been the plan all along.  But as of right now, Youngblood is the more highly regarded recruit, so we're off to a great start.  But I'd love to have both of those kids in a Hog uniform next year. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

jchill

Quote from: ASUhogfan on February 27, 2007, 03:40:53 pm
My question is this:  Why is HDN saying he is planning to play Youngblood as a freshman?  Or is he blowing smoke?

Casey Dick will be a Senior.  Chaisson and Nathan Dick will be sophomores (or redshirt freshmen).  Why on earth would they play a freshman in that scenario?

That was my question also, but maybe he meant playing as a redshirt freshman. It still does not make sense though.

pigture perfect

Nothing! FHS '83
Welcome Jim.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

zwhogfan

Glad we got Jim, I believe he will be a good one.

staffhog

TRG, thanks for making my day.  What a pick up.  Sounds like he wants to be a Hog.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Welcome Jim! It is great to have you. You made a great choice. You will be one of the few Razorbacks to usher in the new era of Hog football. The future for you and the 2008 and beyond Razorback football team will be one that will bring a new joy and excitement to the state of Arkansas, and the nation. Welcome aboard! Wooooooooooooo Pig Sooie!! Go Hogs!                Get your teammates to follow you and be a part of the future of the New Razorbacks.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

gkimrey

WOW WHAT A BONUS TO HAVE SUCH A GREAT TALENT TO HELP RECRUIT OTHERS. BEST OF LUCK, JIM.
\"if you would not be forgotten, before you are dead and rotten, either write things worth the reading or do things worth the writing\".  Benjamin Franklin

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

jcrowe01

darazorback

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 27, 2007, 01:53:22 pm
Just talked to Jim a few minutes ago

TRG: Why did you commit today?

Jim: When I got up there for Junior Day it felt like home. I got to sit down and talk with Coach Nutt and Coach Lee and they told me what all I could do there and said the sky is the limit for me.

TRG: What did Coach Nutt and Coach Lee say about their expectations of you?

Jim : They said with my body and arm they are looking for me to play as a Freshman. They feel that I fit into the offense perfectly and they said they plan to throw the ball more.

TRG: What unofficial visits have you taken to other schools?

Jim: Texas A&M, Auburn and Texas.

TRG: Have you started recruiting your teammates to Arkansas ?

Jim:  I started on them the moment I committed. I'm pushing them hard.

I was thrilled to be able to talk to Jim shortly after he committed. I could tell in his voice he was overjoyed. I would like to thank Jim's dad Stan again for texting me about his commitment. I wish the Youngblood family the very best.

Man you always get the awesome breaking news

bcshog

Good to hear Youngblood is hitting the recruiting trail, at least some one is.  Great addition to the team.  WPS!

yraciv

arkfanchip

Quote from: HOGansHero on February 27, 2007, 03:12:48 pm
Quote from: arkfanchip on February 27, 2007, 01:59:28 pm

I applaud you for letting him shave your head.

My brother, Jim, and several other guys shaved my head when they played AAU, USSSA, and BBI Superseries baseball. I made a deal with all of them. If they won the state title in all three leagues, they could shave my head and I would do cartwheels in my boxers on the field. Well I lost my hair and pants one hot summer day in Harrison. You can fill in the gaps.

Space Man

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 27, 2007, 04:10:18 pm
Quote from: Stella on February 27, 2007, 04:01:52 pm

Dude if your post keeps Jim from coming to Arkansas, I'm going to be super mad.
Quote from: RD on February 27, 2007, 06:16:24 pm
Tyler Wilson of Greenwood is better.

Tyler Wilson is the better passer right now, but he does not have the mobility and ability to run inside like Youngblood.   The coaching staff must feel that they can teach a QB how to pass, but not how to run.   

Hugehogsfan

This is a GREAT pickup.  I am extremely happy to have a huge commitment this early.  Usually only Texas and the other big schools get early commits.  I am glad Jim made the early vote of confidence in the cardinal red of the Hogs and hopefully he can get others to come on board.

jackflash

You think David Lee was the difference here? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jackflash

You think David Lee was the difference here? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jackflash

tbhogfan

Quote from: jackflash on February 28, 2007, 07:35:55 am
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Also the quality of the Baseball program didn't hurt.

Congrats Jim on your commitment to the Hogs!!! 
Go Hogs!

deshahawg

This is an excellent commitment for the hogs. He could very well be the best recruit of next year.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 27, 2007, 06:58:35 pm
Nothing! FHS '83
Welcome Jim.

Camden High 1979!  Congratulations homeboy!

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: jackflash on February 28, 2007, 07:35:55 am

Nope! Most people from Camden are Razorback fans through and through. Most of the kids there grow up wanting to be Razorbacks. They don't care who the coach is. I have a hard time believing that the other guys we are recruiting from there will go anywhere else.