Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren duo Greg Childs and Jarious Wright both have 5 offers (Hog lean)

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 24, 2007, 09:16:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Childs is a 6'4 190 4.5 WR and Wright is a 5'10 175 4.4 WR.

Both have offers from Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU and UCONN.

Both were invited to Arkansas' Jr day.

bigguy551122

hopefully we can get them but i could easily see them going to tennessee, warren kids seem to always go to tennessee
perfection is all i expect.

lcd4444

Hembree will push both of these guys towards Knoxville, he hates the razorbacks..(nutt)

FullofInformation

It shows how big of an affect HS coaches have on their players.  It sucks considering Warren is the most consistent producers in the state.

whatsshakinbacon

Not sure it has as much to do with Hembree as it does Tennessee's penchant for outworking Arkansas when recruiting over there.  I'd love to know who has contacted these kids the most, and how.

Will they be another case of "kids we didn't want" when Otis puts the spin on it?

Right now we couldn't hold the good kids in state with super glue and duct tape.  I don't see it changing with this staff.

Bacon out...

FullofInformation

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 24, 2007, 10:55:56 am
Not sure it has as much to do with Hembree as it does Tennessee's penchant for outworking Arkansas when recruiting over there.  I'd love to know who has contacted these kids the most, and how.

Will they be another case of "kids we didn't want" when Otis puts the spin on it?

Right now we couldn't hold the good kids in state with super glue and duct tape.  I don't see it changing with this staff.

Bacon out...

Its nearly impossible to get a commit from a kid whose HS coach has said nothing but extremely negative things, but it certainly could be a combo of both.

mj4president

I really dont know if a player would base his choice on what his high school coach thinks. Many players dont even like their high school coaches. I think it is more of where they feel most at home and how the program is not what their high school thinks of whatever school they choose.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Brewerfan10

Doesn't Hembree's beef with Nutt go back to us not offering Reid Mckinney? He was a bust anyway.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on February 25, 2007, 07:39:50 pm
Doesn't Hembree's beef with Nutt go back to us not offering Reid Mckinney? He was a bust anyway.

Yes, it does.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Brewerfan10

+1 Hawgball, I have been wondering that for sometime now but never got an exact answer

beansandtaters

I don't know that I would call McKinney a "bust". Unfortunately, he had a career ending injury to his back/neck during practices, before he ever saw the field at ASU. Sad story actually.

tiber

Quote from: mj4president on February 24, 2007, 02:22:15 pm
I really dont know if a player would base his choice on what his high school coach thinks. Many players dont even like their high school coaches.

Maybe most players from bad teams.  Not from winners.

Brewerfan10

Quote from: beansandtaters on February 25, 2007, 10:28:22 pm

I don't know that I would call McKinney a "bust". Unfortunately, he had a career ending injury to his back/neck during practices, before he ever saw the field at ASU. Sad story actually.

oh ok well I appologize to Reid then, I just thought he went to A-State and wasn't that great

#1 STUNNA

mckinney was slotted in to start as a redshirt fresman before a on the field accident happened when a player jumped to deflect a pass and landed on his neck

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: FullofInformation on February 24, 2007, 11:21:46 am
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on February 24, 2007, 10:55:56 am

Bacon out...

Its nearly impossible to get a commit from a kid whose HS coach has said nothing but extremely negative things, but it certainly could be a combo of both.

thats why the last three years the arkansas coaching staff has came and talked to us during our sports banquet, besides nutt

Hawgasaurus

Who needs recruiting, you've gotta want to be a Hog! BTW, fire nutt.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: bigguy551122 on February 24, 2007, 09:26:24 am
hopefully we can get them but i could easily see them going to tennessee, warren kids seem to always go to tennessee

No kidding. The road out of Warren has only gone EAST. And slightly north.

#1 STUNNA

thats why fullmer gets the warren boys he likes to visit more than one time a year, and right now jay wright is high on arkansas and greg childs is high on the vols

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

Bacon The Saddle Again

The biggest thing is, Hembree believes that when the North Little Rock head coaching job came open and Hembree's name was mentioned as a candidate, Nutt lobbied against him because of the UT-UA bias.  It is there.

litmachog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 24, 2007, 09:16:32 am

UCONN????  Why in the world.  I'm sure that is a reach for Uconn to think they could get these two players.

Hoop

Quote from: litmachog on March 09, 2007, 09:59:35 am
Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 24, 2007, 09:16:32 am

UCONN????  Why in the world.  I'm sure that is a reach for Uconn to think they could get these two players.
Not really. Every college is cutting holes in that fence nowadays and stealing our recruits. Why not UCONN? :D
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

HogsGranpa

Quote from: lcd4444 on February 24, 2007, 10:24:08 am
Hembree will push both of these guys towards Knoxville, he hates the razorbacks..(nutt)
Where did Hembree go to school and play at?

Warren is in the eastern part of the state that has a lot of Ole Miss and Tennessee fans, so that may explain part of the problems.

Space Man

Quote from: oldman1015 on March 09, 2007, 09:04:35 am
wright got offered yesterday by oklahoma.

No Surprise here, he is the best player in the state, followed closely by Dennis Johnson.

Brewerfan10

#1 STUNNA

razorbackmkh

Quote from: mj4president on February 24, 2007, 02:22:15 pm
I really dont know if a player would base his choice on what his high school coach thinks. Many players dont even like their high school coaches. I think it is more of where they feel most at home and how the program is not what their high school thinks of whatever school they choose.
Most players don't like their high school coaches? I disagree with this. They might not always be the "best of pals" (because a player and a coach shouldn't be "pals") however most high school kids really respect what their head coaches have to say about a program and its recruiting.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

woodhog14

Why would you come to Arkansas if you were a receiver???  I wouldn't.

bigguy551122

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 11, 2007, 02:18:28 pm
Butch Davis will sign them both for Arkansas  ;)

i wish that happen, but unfortunately that ship has sailed

bigguy551122

what has me concerned is that my uncle is a real estate saleman and he says nutt just bought a  new 3 million dollar house in fayettville , that doesnt sound like a man going anywere which makes me sick to my stomach. :puke:

oldman1015

Quote from: HogsGranpa on March 09, 2007, 08:18:07 pm
Where did Hembree go to school and play at?

Warren is in the eastern part of the state that has a lot of Ole Miss and Tennessee fans, so that may explain part of the problems.
i've lived in mcgehee for 42 years and i don't know any ole miss or tenn fans.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Joe

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 11, 2007, 02:18:28 pm
Butch Davis will sign them both for Arkansas  ;)
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Now, that is something that I like to hear! I believe it, too! Say it again, ImHogginIt!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

jackflash

Getting some wide receiver is very important, but getting quality corners this year is got to be the number one thing. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

#1 STUNNA

war
Quote from: jackflash on March 13, 2007, 10:47:01 am
Getting some wide receiver is very important, but getting quality corners this year is got to be the number one thing. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

warren has both a great receiver in childs and corner in wright

SlickWillie

Hembree went to school at Osceola.

Have a roommate that was friends with him in high school.

HogsGranpa

Quote from: SlickWillie on March 13, 2007, 03:19:41 pm
Hembree went to school at Osceola.

Have a roommate that was friends with him in high school.
I was wondering where he went to college, and played football, or any athletics?

bigguy551122

#1 STUNNA

The Recruiting Guy

I talked Jarious last night and he didn't mention a offer from Florida. I just texted him to make sure and he said he didn't receive a offer. 

My source was wrong about Jarious' offers. The source has always been right on but not this time. I just got Jarious' number recently and Jarious told me last night his offers are Arkansas, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Minnesota and Texas Tech.

I'll have the interview up later today.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 14, 2007, 09:03:54 am
I talked Jarious last night and he didn't mention a offer from Florida. I just texted him to make sure and he said he didn't receive a offer. 

My source was wrong about Jarious' offers. The source has always been right on but not this time. I just got Jarious' number recently and Jarious told me last night his offers are Arkansas, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Minnesota and Texas Tech.

then it was oklahoma he showed me, is there noy a tulsa offer on the table for him, and somebody also mentioned auburn and connecticut

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 14, 2007, 12:44:03 pm

then it was oklahoma he showed me, is there noy a tulsa offer on the table for him, and somebody also mentioned auburn and connecticut

Must have been OU. They offered recently.

arklahoman36

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 14, 2007, 01:30:09 pm
Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 14, 2007, 12:44:03 pm

Must have been OU. They offered recently.

I wonder if OU is interested in him as WR or DB?

Hog Realist

#1 stunna, he giving any hints to which way he is leaning?

#1 STUNNA

ive heard and everbody believes it is arkansas but you never can tell