Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr. Anderson

Started by The Broadcaster, February 22, 2007, 04:57:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Broadcaster

No I'm not talking about Mike Anderson, I am talking about James "Man" (as many refer to him) Anderson. James put up 48 points and 17 rebounds along with some highlight dunks in a regional win last night. Just thought I would let all those who like this kid, how he is doing.
I ain't saying, I'm just sayin'

Smithian

Junction City, right?

Signed with Oklahoma State in early signing period.

The Broadcaster

That is correct, I played against this guy for a couple of years and now he's blowing up. He has improve his game a whole lot. Will definately play at OSU next season.

LR Hog

Thanks for the reminder about how awesome this guy is and that we missed out on him.
Like a boss.

thahawg

The Broadcaster

sickle

mossfan33

maybe he will help OSU win a true road game next year.  They are worse than we are on the road.
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

bcshog

How about a kick in the Nutts while you're at it!

hawg1504

He is also a McDonalds All-American.

jhudson84

theres your kick in the nutts

jackflash

This kid is good, think he should gone to a more up tempo program, would have been great in Mr Anderson program  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Italian Stallion

I watched him play in Hot Springs at the state tourny.  He hit 3 NBA 3's.  Talk about a miss for Arkansas.
Stan Heath = WHAT A GAME

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jhudson84 on February 26, 2007, 10:37:20 am

The only thing that would make me feel better is if Marist puts it on Sean Sutton's OSU Cowboys this Sunday in the NIT tourney on National TV.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 12, 2007, 11:11:49 am
Quote from: jhudson84 on February 26, 2007, 10:37:20 am

The only thing that would make me feel better is if Marist puts it on Sean Sutton's OSU Cowboys this Sunday in the NIT tourney on National TV.

I agree, go Marist.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

tbob

Nate Rakestraw will make you feel a lot better about losing Anderson. He is not a white long distance shooter who needs screens and has trouble getting off his shot ala Pat Bradley. He can shoot off the dribble and is the best outside shooter in the State since Marvin Delk. At least we got one quality athlete out of Springdale who won't quit on us.

#1 STUNNA

james anderson is ten times the player rakestraw is

Space Man

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 12, 2007, 12:13:16 pm
james anderson is ten times the player rakestraw is

I agree that James Anderson is a much better player than Rakestraw and there is no comparison, but Rakstraw did hold his own against James Anderson when they faced off against each other in the tournament in Fayettville. 

Tomhog™

Main question is would you rather have Anderson or Bush?  We already had Rakestraw, so it wasn't an 'either or' deal.  Option B when JA bolted for the Metropolis of Stillwater was Jenirro, which I think is an EXCELLENT Option B...

jay2000

forget rakeshaw.

i think jenerro bush is a nice consolation prize.  i would rather have anderson because he is in-state and a little bigger, but bush is nice.

both players are very similar to joe johnson and ronnie brewer as far as build and skills.  johnson and brewer are a little bigger, but its always nice to have a player like that.  hogs dont have that this year, it will be nice to have bush next year.

tbob

Give me a kid who will bust his gut for his home state school and has always dreamed of being a Hog. A good player becomes very good, whether his name is U.S. Reed or Melvin Delph or anyone else and the fans will always cherish and remember the ones who stayed from Sidney to Corlis. As far as Anderson goes, hey, he didn't want to be a Hog, fine. Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.
As far as a Rakestraw vs. Anderson comparison, I am not comparing the talents of the two but simply say that Rakestraw fills a huge need for next year's team. Anderson will be the one who might play in the pros but Rakestraw is the one we need to be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Brewerfan10

i am with you tbob. in my opinion, you really have to watch rakestraw to give you opinion on him. I was skeptical at first but after I have watched him over the year, I am sold.

bkjacks

Quote from: Smithian on February 22, 2007, 05:14:20 pm
Junction City, right?

Signed with Oklahoma State in early signing period.
Quote from: The Broadcaster on February 22, 2007, 08:34:54 pm
That is correct, I played against this guy for a couple of years and now he's blowing up. He has improve his game a whole lot. Will definately play at OSU next season.

He will look good in the NIT the next four years. He can still catch the hog games on the tube, Thursdays-Sundays. The NIT don't play on those day, do they?

ogar_hog

Quote from: tbob on March 12, 2007, 02:42:37 pm
Give me a kid who will bust his gut for his home state school and has always dreamed of being a Hog. A good player becomes very good, whether his name is U.S. Reed or Melvin Delph or anyone else and the fans will always cherish and remember the ones who stayed from Sidney to Corlis. As far as Anderson goes, hey, he didn't want to be a Hog, fine. Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.
As far as a Rakestraw vs. Anderson comparison, I am not comparing the talents of the two but simply say that Rakestraw fills a huge need for next year's team. Anderson will be the one who might play in the pros but Rakestraw is the one we need to be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Wasn't Melvin Marvin's brother?

Brewerfan10

Great pick on OK State, they had a great season