Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jack Bunds of Newschannel 8 in Tulsa Reporting that Broderick Green is....

Started by Hogphilia, January 30, 2007, 06:32:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogphilia

changing his commitment from USC to THE UNIVERSITY OF TULSA.

He will be playing for the "worst recruiter on our Arkansas staff".

Go Malzahn Go

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Razorbackorfront

Good for him.  He will get more playing time there and he might actually get to play RB there....which he wouldn't have been able to do at USC (except for short-yardage situations), in my opinion.

ArkansasI

Holy Moly...

What does this say?  Did USC tell him to find another school?  Or is he persuing a greater opportunity?

pignation

Wow...from USC to Tulsa.  Doesn't sound like he was confident of playing time at USC.  Wish him the best. 

donthaveone

Both Scout and Rivals are listing him as a "Soft Verbal", but neither has Tulsa as an option? If this does happen (no matter the reason), the sinking ship would pick up steam in a hurry. Did anybody else see the KTHV interview? It gave the impression that the poor kid was begging Arkansas to recruit him.

pignation

Broderick has made it very clear that he wants to play RB.  Arkansas said "No...in a Hillis type role."  He said, "No thanks." 

He would have been welcomed if he would have submitted to that role.  HDN got hacked on for telling players "lies."  Should they tell him the truth or lie to him in this regard?

oldfart

CCU Cougar

Jack Bunds is a moron, IMO... I have never liked him since he took Mike Zigenhorn's job.

Nothing about this on Tulsa's scout site

hog_fan

Quote from: pignation on January 30, 2007, 07:33:51 pm
Broderick has made it very clear that he wants to play RB.  Arkansas said "No...in a Hillis type role."  He said, "No thanks." 

He would have been welcomed if he would have submitted to that role.  HDN got hacked on for telling players "lies."  Should they tell him the truth or lie to him in this regard?

They should have given him a shot at RB. If didn't work out then move him. Tell him this so he knows he could be moved. we weren't even willing to give him a shot at TB.

Hogphilia

Quote from: pignation on January 30, 2007, 07:33:51 pm

I saw his interview...Heard from his own mouth that the main reason he didn't go to Arkansas is that they did not act very active in recruiting him...said Penn State, USC, and many others pursued him early and often but Nutt didn't even act interested.

According to him...and he probably knows better than you...indicated that his position that Ark. recruited him for had less to do with it than Nuttboy's inactivity in pursuing him.

pignation

So, if he's going to Tulsa it is because they showed him the love and interest the entire time?  So, Penn State and USC haven't lately? 
If he sticks with the "they went after me first" (referring to USC), then that is where he should end up...or he wasn't quite telling the whole story.  Either it was who went after him first and the best, or not. 

I don't know if he is really going to Tulsa, or going to Tulsa THIS WEEKEND.  I wouldn't put it past the homers in Tulsa to get this one wrong.  Maybe not, but I wonder if the Tulsa crews are used to this type of recruiting coverage.

The Recruiting Guy

Broderick IS visiting Tulsa this weekend.

Coach Malzahn took over Broderick's recruiting late summer. He and Broderick developed a very close relationship. This doesn't surprise me that he's considering Tulsa.

z-pak

I never felt we would get this kid.  Just look at the history we've had with his famliy.  We offered his brother and he waited around too long and got his offer pulled.  He goes to Chapel Hill and stays like 5 minutes and transfers.  I wish Brodrick well, but like I said, I didn't ever think we'd get him.
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

Littlehog AR

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on January 30, 2007, 08:32:58 pm
Broderick IS visiting Tulsa this weekend.

Coach Malzahn took over Broderick's recruiting late summer. He and Broderick developed a very close relationship. This doesn't surprise me that he's considering Tulsa.
Well if that's the case I fully expect Nutt to pursue him now. After what I've seen from him the last couple of weeks...

sechawgfan

Total BS he isnt going to Tulsa, he has way to many better options.

darazorback

Quote from: pignation on January 30, 2007, 07:20:20 pm
Wow...from USC to Tulsa.  Doesn't sound like he was confident of playing time at USC.  Wish him the best. 

Yeah your definately right, I mean think about it, USC has a returning starting running back and they signed 3 or 4 RBs last year so, playing time would be pretty scarce at the position for him there.