Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas QB Joe Chaisson talks to Hogville.net

Started by The Recruiting Guy, January 02, 2007, 02:54:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Joe is a 6'3 180 pound QB with 4.6 speed. Joe attends West Brook HS, Beaumont TX. I just got off the phone with Joe. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: Tell me your offers.

Joe: LSU, Tennessee, Baylor, Indiana, UTEP and Missouri.

TRG: Has Arkansas talked about a offer?

Joe: They want to get get me down there and see me first. My parents and I will be there January 12th.

TRG: Have you taken any visits?

Joe: Arkansas will be my first visit.

TRG: What interests you in Arkansas?

Joe: Coach Wood. He's what sparked my interest. I like his back ground and where he can take me. He told me they want to bring in a QB that they can redshirt and learn the system. Arkansas also had a good season.

TRG: Did you watch the Capital One Bowl?

Joe: Yes I did.

TRG: What could you have added if he was the QB?

Joe: Hard to say but I probably could've helped when the QB was getting pressured.

TRG: When did Arkansas start contacting you?

Joe: They talked to me some but when the QB committed to Auburn they really started a talking to me more.

TRG: Would you commit on your visit if Arkansas offered?

Joe: I would commit.

Joe passing stats were 144 - 267 for 1,859 with 15 TDs and 6 ints. Joe rushed 726 yards on 146 carries and 13 TDs.

Joe is very impressive on the phone. Very sharp young man. Joe will be on Press Row Thursday morning at 8:45.

Since 1894

Is this the same young man that Otis wrote about a couple of weeks ago in his weekly ADG piece?
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TheMediocreEra

TheMediocreEra

501Ben

I have watched his reels, and he looks like he has a nice arm and pretty fast. He only weights 170, so he will need to add some weight, but I would rather have Chaisson than M.Johnson. I think Chaisson looks better in film.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Since 1894 on January 02, 2007, 02:57:34 pm
Is this the same young man that Otis wrote about a couple of weeks ago in his weekly ADG piece?

Most likely "Since 1894" or maybe Johnson who just recently visited.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RazorRaider

Sounds like he can run as well as throw. I wonder if this was the type QB Mike Irwin was talking about in another thread?
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

VenturaHog

very good news, lets offer him, sounds a lot like burns

razorjacket2006

He is still only a sixty percent or so passer.  We allready have two of those.  We need a mobile QB, but if he cant complete a pass he will be no better to us than Tennesse's first half QB was for them.
D-Mac is great at RB and QB so lets see what he can do at Head Coach

mword

Bad bad choice if he decides to choose Baylor, Indiana or UTEP.

RazorHawg16

SOOO what the heck are we waiting on to offer him???

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

RazorHawg16

is this guy maybe going to be able to push dick and mustain for starting job?

HOGINTENNESSEE