Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Current state of 08' Basketball Recruiting (click to view profile of player)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 28, 2006, 10:34:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

PG:

Willie Warren - has already visited during this past fall and is very much interested in Arkansas.

Dashan Harris - established himself as one of the best in the nation at handing out assist. He is the type to rather shine on the defensive end of the floor instead of being a primary scorer. Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Indiana, Kansas, North Carolina, USC and UConn

SG:

Rotnei Clarke - easily the best outside shooter in the 08' class.

Paul Williams - Coach Heath's AAU connections has us in consideration and he is very good at getting players from up north (Patrick Beverly, Olu Famutini)

SF:

Romero Osby = Wide open and Arkansas coaches have been to see him practice this past week.

DeAndre Liggins - Attended the Arkansas -vs- Kentucky game 2/3/07

PF:

Edgar Garibay - skilled big man with 3 point shooting range.

Clarence Trent - 220lbs PF who averages a double double and likes Arkansas, Kansas & Florida with Arizona getting some interest. 

Brandon Moore - One of the top PF in the Country 6-9, 205, is an athlete who moved to Little Rock (Ark.) following Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans but has since moved back. 

C:

Henry Sims - Most scouts consider him a mini version of the Timberwolves KG.   Arkansas will have a hard time beating out Maryland for his signature.

Greg Monrie - The #1 player in the 2008 class enough said.

I will be adding quite a few more to this list as the H.S. Basketball Season begins to take shape and we get a idea of what school's these athlete's are considering.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogfan0307

thanks woo pig stewie...i was curious if you knew anything about jenirro bush (6-5 G from MS)? Also, do you think we will offer anyone in the spring? I hope Arkansas can capitalize on the Real Deal on the Hill and get in on some of these '08 prospects.

Corkscrew Johnson

we really need a center in the 2008 class.  we have no sophomore, freshmen, or incoming freshmen who play that position.  maybe we can move over washington or mcgowan, but they are really power forwards and for the most part still look like projects at their natural position.   after next year that will leave us with zero scholarship centers on our roster unless we pick up one in this class.

HogKong

I did not see AR listed on the majority of those guys college choice lists?

HogKong

Do you know much about Greg Monroe?  He has us listed with about 10 other schools.  Do we realistically stand a chance with the # 1 player in the nation?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HogKong on December 29, 2006, 09:51:24 am
Do you know much about Greg Monroe?  He has us listed with about 10 other schools.  Do we realistically stand a chance with the # 1 player in the nation?

He had us listed early and continues to say he is still wide open even though it is widely believed that it is a two-horse race between LSU & Duke with Kansas running 3rd. 

QuoteI did not see AR listed on the majority of those guys college choice lists?

Because I am ahead of rivals at the moment, they seem to be more worried about updating football recruits due to signing day being a little over a month away plus H.S. Basketball hasn't taken center stage as of yet.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

501Ben

Woo Pig Stewie, where are you getting all this info you seem to be way ahead of the curve, and I am a member of Rivals, and I hardly ever can find any info on Hog Hoops. I was just wondering if there was another site you were visiting or something. Great info, please keep us posted.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogfan0307 on December 29, 2006, 12:14:32 am
thanks woo pig stewie...i was curious if you knew anything about jenirro bush (6-5 G from MS)? Also, do you think we will offer anyone in the spring? I hope Arkansas can capitalize on the Real Deal on the Hill and get in on some of these '08 prospects.

He will be here January 19 - 21st for a official visit.  28pts, 13rebs, 4asst per game.  You can thank Cyrus McGowan & Charles Thomas for the connection and he considers himself a prototype of Ronnie Brewer.  Even with his height he is good enough to play PG which is what Tennessee, Oklahoma, Arkansas etc... are recruiting him as.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 501Ben on December 29, 2006, 12:36:13 pm
Woo Pig Stewie, where are you getting all this info you seem to be way ahead of the curve, and I am a member of Rivals, and I hardly ever can find any info on Hog Hoops. I was just wondering if there was another site you were visiting or something. Great info, please keep us posted.

Rivals, Scout & other recruiting services...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pokeydaman

once again, great info....nice to see..lets just hope we can get some of these guys...

bustloose

HawgG

Quote from: bustloose on December 30, 2006, 01:07:04 pm
How many scholie\'s are we offering for basketball this year?
They are offering 1 this spring,but will be glad to sign 2 if someone currently on the roster were to leave after the season.Arkansas wants to get the Bush kid and the No.1 unsigned PG left on the board in Jai Lucas.Its a long shot with him,but thanks to Glenn Cyprien(UA asst.) we at least have his ear.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgG on December 30, 2006, 04:17:25 pm
Quote from: bustloose on December 30, 2006, 01:07:04 pm
How many scholie\'s are we offering for basketball this year?
They are offering 1 this spring,but will be glad to sign 2 if someone currently on the roster were to leave after the season.Arkansas wants to get the Bush kid and the No.1 unsigned PG left on the board in Jai Lucas.Its a long shot with him,but thanks to Glenn Cyprien(UA asst.) we at least have his ear.

They may sign "2" irregardless HawgC you don't let a Jai Lucas pass you by.  OK I will compare him to James Anderson to give you a better idea of his game...

James Anderson (advantage) - athleticism, strength under the basket, Defensive presence, finisher, explosiness to the basket.

Jenirro Bush (advantage) - ball handling, rebounding, ball distribution, Perimeter shot, court awareness (getting other players involved) shot selection.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

By the way Stewie,you probably know this,but it was reported that Arkansas has offered 2008 PG Deshan Harris a scholarship.It looks like Heath is making sure that there will be plenty of PG candidates on the roster in the future.Hopefully we can get a few of these talented guard prospects over the next two recruiting classes.We must be strong in the backcourt if higher goals are to be accomplish.

hog caller

is henry sims the only center we are looking at we needd one in this class.

Hollywood_HOGan

great list

Hopefully we can land a couple big men with us losing Hill, Townes, and Thomas during that year.

Willie Warren or Rotnei Clark would be big time gets at the guard spots.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hog caller on January 04, 2007, 02:11:41 pm
is henry sims the only center we are looking at we needd one in this class.

At the moment no, they are still in hot persuit of Greg Monroe...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Qbackinman

Anyone with a list of the top prospects out of Ark? Jrs and Srs??

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Qbackinman on January 20, 2007, 10:31:17 pm

Anyone with a list of the top prospects out of Ark? Jrs and Srs??

Probably won't know much until AAU time this early April.  I will try to find something before then though Qbackinman... I promise.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Adam Stokes

Do you know anything about Angel Garcia?  He's listed as a 6-10 four star on Rivals.

HawgG

Quote from: ajs15razorman on January 29, 2007, 12:15:32 pm
  Do you know anything about Angel Garcia?  He's listed as a 6-10 four star on Rivals.

Rivals.com's Justin Young watch Garcia play in the Real Deal on the Hill last year and he saw Angel hit 7 three-pointers in one half.He had this to say about the Lake Forest Star.

"Anytime you are 6-11,class of 2008 and have 7 threes in one half,you are going to create quite a stir,"Young said."He did that, and the thing I like about him is he's 4 or 5 inches taller than the people defending him.He shoots right over the top of them.

"He's very skilled and has got very good mechanics.You can tell he has put a lot time in to his shoot."

"Potentially he could be a very good player for the 2008 class,"Young said."He is going to Chicago and will play with some really tough kids and that is going to make him better.The thing that will really make him better is when he toughens up.When that happens he will be able to go from the blocks and shoot from the wing.He needs to get acclimated to the speed of the game,but the skill set he came over here with is proofed that he was well coached over there."

Garcia can shoot, is a good passer, and a good ball handler.

Pignominious

Quote from: HawgG on January 29, 2007, 05:00:31 pm
Quote from: ajs15razorman on January 29, 2007, 12:15:32 pm

Rivals.com's Justin Young watch Garcia play in the Real Deal on the Hill last year and he saw Angel hit 7 three-pointers in one half.He had this to say about the Lake Forest Star.

"Anytime you are 6-11,class of 2008 and have 7 threes in one half,you are going to create quite a stir,"Young said."He did that, and the thing I like about him is he's 4 or 5 inches taller than the people defending him.He shoots right over the top of them.

"He's very skilled and has got very good mechanics.You can tell he has put a lot time in to his shoot."

"Potentially he could be a very good player for the 2008 class,"Young said."He is going to Chicago and will play with some really tough kids and that is going to make him better.The thing that will really make him better is when he toughens up.When that happens he will be able to go from the blocks and shoot from the wing.He needs to get acclimated to the speed of the game,but the skill set he came over here with is proofed that he was well coached over there."

Garcia can shoot, is a good passer, and a good ball handler.

Sounds like we need to get this kid.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Smithian

This class will be so huge. We have like 8 scholarships if I am right.

Can you imagine the future of this program if Heath, Hipsher, and Cyprien put together a monster recruiting class?

I'd love to see some 4-star guys and maybe a (gasp) 5-star!

Comeon, Stanley, put this program back on top starting with this class!

PigDaddyKane

The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

HawgG

Quote from: PigDaddyKaneIs Jai Lucas, John Lucas' son?

BTW Thanks for the information.

Yes

jackflash

I think he needs to finish this class first, maybe lucas will be it :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

bd93

Quote from: Smithian on January 31, 2007, 10:48:50 pm
This class will be so huge. We have like 8 scholarships if I am right.

Can you imagine the future of this program if Heath, Hipsher, and Cyprien put together a monster recruiting class?

I'd love to see some 4-star guys and maybe a (gasp) 5-star!

Comeon, Stanley, put this program back on top starting with this class!

That would be pretty awesome...We could have a class like the one Ohio St. had last year with Oden and Conley

PigBrother

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: PigBrother on March 05, 2007, 04:09:22 pm
If Stan leaves, where do we stand with some of these guys?

Depends on whom the replacement is....for instance if its Self he would garner the interest from Highly rated players not currently listed just because of whom he is recruited currently to Kansas same applies to Gillespie @ Texas A&M who has a elite class headed to Aggie Land in 07'.  Either way the recruiting will not drop off ...especially if you take into consideration the before mentioned coaches are competition against us for some of the above listed 08' Recruits like Willie Warren, Rotnei Clark, Romero Osby etc...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TX HOG

If stan's gone what if we were able to get Bob Huggins class?  He has KANSAS ST. #1 in recruiting.  Imagine what he could do at Arkansas.  I would LOVE to find out.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: TX HOG on March 08, 2007, 01:10:14 pm
If stan's gone what if we were able to get Bob Huggins class?  He has KANSAS ST. #1 in recruiting.  Imagine what he could do at Arkansas.  I would LOVE to find out.

With 7 - 9 scholies to give you can easily load up and offer a lot more talented players without as much worry concerning filling certain needs. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TX HOG

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 08, 2007, 11:28:41 pm
Quote from: TX HOG on March 08, 2007, 01:10:14 pm

With 7 - 9 scholies to give you can easily load up and offer a lot more talented players without as much worry concerning filling certain needs. 

Offer Yes, but land ?.  Our needs could probably include the number one player in the nation, I'm sure we could fit him in somewhere  ;)

JoyDivision

key_stone12

bd93

I saw that rivals said that Kansas was the overwhelming favorite to get willie warren. What do you know about this stewie?

Adam Stokes

Hey, what else do you guys know about Clarence Trent?  He's said to be taking his time with the recruiting process, but I didn't know we had the capacity to recruit guys out of Washington state.  Any info on him?

HawgG

Quote from: ajs15razorman on April 01, 2007, 08:43:46 am
  Hey, what else do you guys know about Clarence Trent?  He's said to be taking his time with the recruiting process, but I didn't know we had the capacity to recruit guys out of Washington state.  Any info on him?

Trent is big time and would have made an immediate impact here.Great strong body and he is athletic with the ability to play inside and out.He can hit the three and can dunk over the top of his man down low.

Out of all the swingmen that ARK was after Trent, Storm Warren, and DeAndre Liggins were my favorite.The sad thing is that Heath could have gotten 2 of the 3 or all if he wasn't fired.

It is very possible that Frank fired away a chance at a National Championship sometime over the next 3 seasons.

ntubjr

TRENT WAS AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE WITH RAKESTRAW AND SANCHEZ HE IS PLAYING WITH THE HAWKS AT THE REAL DEAL

tbob

Sour grapes on Heath's firing. Other than Beverly, Heath's last recruits who are on campus include McGowan (wasted scholarship), McCurdy (wasted scholarship) and Weems (jury is till out). Heath was not the recruiting guru everyone made him out to be. Ferguson, Hunter, an overrated Townes, the kid from Fort Worth who quit a couple of years ago, etc. Yes, yes Jefferson. how many games did he play? Other than Beverly and Brewer who was coming to Fayetteville no matter who was the coach as long as it wasn't Nolan, we have recruited a bunch of overhyped and overspun players. I think Thomas is solid, but Hill is still a project, Hunter is a D-2 player and Ervin is still the human tournover. Stan was a nice guy but his recruiting "genius" was a media invention fed to starving Hawg fans. It just wasn't true. Maybe Famutimi could have been a player, we'll never know...

slopinhogs

don't think our new coach will go after a seven footer. he likes the 69 and 610 guys whoare athletic and can score big.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Old Tusk

So who are realistic recruits? I see alot on here about these top recruits that are choosing between us and North Carolina etc.. at this point that is not a decision
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

HawgG

Quote from: Old Tusk on April 17, 2007, 06:26:41 pm
So who are realistic recruits? I see alot on here about these top recruits that are choosing between us and North Carolina etc.. at this point that is not a decision

Only use this topic as a means to track where the recruits will be going, because other then Michael Sanchez the likely hood of the new coaching staff signing guys on that list are slim to none and slim is about to walk out the door.

bd93

Quote from: HawgG on April 17, 2007, 09:50:02 pm
Quote from: Old Tusk on April 17, 2007, 06:26:41 pm

Only use this topic as a means to track where the recruits will be going, because other then Michael Sanchez the likely hood of the new coaching staff signing guys on that list are slim to none and slim is about to walk out the door.

Even Clark?

miles davis

Heath and Cyprien had targeted some more skilled wing-type players for next year.  They were willing to sacrifice a little bit of athleticism in order to gain some better skills.  To run the type of transition and breaks South Alabama ran, more athleticism will be needed in order for it to work in the SEC.  When prospects find out that they can run and gun a little, the field will expand.

mccurdy

I was wondering if we were going to keep updating this list. Its always nice to see the recruits we have a chance to get.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: mccurdy on April 30, 2007, 03:01:09 pm
  I was wondering if we were going to keep updating this list. Its always nice to see the recruits we have a chance to get.

I will probably end up starting over at some point with the coaching change effecting the interest of some of the above listed.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

slopinhogs

WE DIDN'T GET ANY OF THESE KIDS. WHEN WILL THE UPDATE BE POSTED RICHARD :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die