Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What school is Damian Williams going to?

Started by hogtrack77677, December 14, 2006, 07:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogtrack77677

What school is  Damian Williams  going to?

PigKahuna

It will be interesting to see.  Unless it is Florida, it will likely be a school that does NOT run the spread.

hogtrack77677

PigKahuna

Quote from: hogtrack77677 on December 14, 2006, 07:57:03 pm
What did the KNWA exclussive say about him

He said he didn't know yet.  Some rumors have gone around about Texas but my guesses are Florida, South Carolina or North Carolina.

101st Hogborne

Shoe Strings

He, Mitch and Bartley all three almost ended up at Texas initially.  I suspect he'll look there, but don't know that for sure.

That'd put him and Pinalto sitting out/redshirting together.

hog caller

do we really care. he don't want to be a hog and never did so lets just let him go do his thing elseswhere.

SuthrnFballer15

A lot of people seem to think he's heading to Texas..but Idk.  :razorback:
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Hogwild01

duckslayer32

let go with your sight, and act on instinct...

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

PIGINAPOKE

USC may take a look...Jarrett may be gone and Pete knows Arkansas..A long shot but maybe not..
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

SuthrnFballer15

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on December 14, 2006, 08:30:55 pm
USC may take a look...Jarrett may be gone and Pete knows Arkansas..A long shot but maybe not..

Pete may look at him to play for USC but he wont use one of his schollies that he can use on recruits for the 07 class IMHO.
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

SuthrnFballer15

Quote from: hogmommy on December 14, 2006, 08:51:01 pm
From what I gathered from his KNWA interview tonight, part of the reason he decided to transfer was because of academic opporutnity (or lack thereof, perhaps).  We have to remember he was not only a great football player, but also a 4.0 student who has placed an emphasis on his education since the beginning of his recruiting.  I'm not familiar with the offensive philosophies of these schools but, if he is really looking to further his academic career, I would guess Rice, maybe Tulsa.  He could be a football star and get a stellar education while he was at it.

Great point never thought of it like that, if he dosen't want to make football a career then I could definately see him going to any one of those schools. If academics is what he is looking for, he should go to Vandy, they could use an athlete like him.

-Peyton Hillis

litmachog

It appears that Texas Tech would be appropriate.  He would get the right number of opportunities for catches there.

92VolGrad

From what I gathered from his KNWA interview tonight, part of the reason he decided to transfer was because of academic opporutnity (or lack thereof, perhaps).  We have to remember he was not only a great football player, but also a 4.0 student who has placed an emphasis on his education since the beginning of his recruiting.  I'm not familiar with the offensive philosophies of these schools but, if he is really looking to further his academic career, I would guess Rice, maybe Tulsa.  He could be a football star and get a stellar education while he was at it.

I highly doubt that, not saying he aint smart or doesnt care about school, but if you think it was anyting else but football related you need to have your head examined.
No offense meant btw ;)

werehog

Pete Carroll would never ever use a scholly on DW. The Trojans are loaded at every position. Pat Turner and Vidal Hazelton will probably be the top two WRs at USC next year unless Dwayne J comes back for his senior year, but that is unlikely.

The Hog

Quote from: PigKahuna on December 14, 2006, 07:57:45 pm

He said he didn't know yet.  Some rumors have gone around about Texas but my guesses are Florida, South Carolina or North Carolina.
Reported last night of Fox if he goes to any team in the SEC he set two years and not just one.  Must be an SEC rule.  Anybody know?
Automatic RUN!

RAZORBART

Quote from: SuthrnFballer15 on December 14, 2006, 08:06:55 pm

He will never get 60 receptions a year @ texas

hogfan064

Spurrier isn't going to put up with a kid's parents telling him how to run his offense.  Plus USC has tons of WRs already.  Why would UF take him after he decommitted to them last year? UF also has tons of WRs and doesn't need him.  No way that happens.  UNC is a possibility I guess

gohogs3218

How about Georgia Tech. He's is a good student and studying engineering. Calvin Johnson is a sr. they will need someone like DW . I wish all the best to Damien and hope he is a success wherever he goes. The razorback program is not the program for everyone. If my kids were recruited by Nutt I would have run the away from him as fast as I could. Unfortunately, DW got suckered in for this season.

BigArkyintheRock

DW is a great talent and will do well wherever he goes. Kinda' strange that many of the people that were glad to see him come to Arkansas, are kicking him as he leaves.

I believe he is doing what is best for him, and you can't blame him one bit. I doubt many top WR have enjoyed playing for Nutt. He's not a good HC and certainly is not a top WR coach. Period.

he has several options to choose from, and I'm sure he'll get many offers in the next several days.

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

SC Hogman

Maybe he should go to Duke!  They have academics & they sure could use some football players! 

RAZORBART

Quote from: MikeThrel on December 15, 2006, 09:29:05 am
Quote from: RAZORBART on December 15, 2006, 09:11:56 am
Quote from: SuthrnFballer15 on December 14, 2006, 08:06:55 pm

He will never get 60 receptions a year @ texas

The places where he'd get 60 receptions/year are very very few to choose from....if any........

eggszackly !!!! He will NEVER see 60 receptions a year ANYWHERE......count on it !

To get that many receptions you have to be THE go to guy and until he learns  seperation and how to hold on to the ball he will not be a go to guy in a great program.

batesvegashog

I don't know exactly, but wasn't it Ben's dad that was so concerned with the 60 catches thing?  I mean, I know that Damien's parents were there and seemed to voice some concern but to be honest, I think he is doing what is best for him.  It seems hard to believe that he doesn't understand how much playing time he received this year is great for a freshman and that we are stacked with one helluva backfield.  And, hate to say it, if academics are an issue, which clearly they are for him, Arkansas is NOT the place to concentrate on that. 

3kgthog

Why are we continuing to talk about a guy that packed up his ball and went home? He wants to pursue his "personal goals" so I think we should pursue a personal goal of never talking about him again.

dianne fineswine

If history tells us anything it will be Alabama State. :D
Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Melhog

I'd go to TN if I was hime. Quite a few Arkansas players have had pretty good success there and they run a pro style offense.

hogs25

Quote from: The Hog on December 15, 2006, 09:09:05 am

Reported last night of Fox if he goes to any team in the SEC he set two years and not just one.  Must be an SEC rule.  Anybody know?

That's what the rule says is that any SEC player transferring to another school would have to sit for 2 year's.  I asked this question the other day and they said that DW singed a wavier which allows him to only sit for one year.  Who knows?  If you heard it on the news, two year's is probably right.

hogball33

he should go to Texas Tech, they pass all over the place, but no receivers ever make the pros.

cadensdad

Quote from: gohogs3218 on December 15, 2006, 09:15:37 am
How about Georgia Tech. He's is a good student and studying engineering. Calvin Johnson is a sr. they will need someone like DW . I wish all the best to Damien and hope he is a success wherever he goes. The razorback program is not the program for everyone. If my kids were recruited by Nutt I would have run the away from him as fast as I could. Unfortunately, DW got suckered in for this season.
Calvin Johnson is a Jr who is expected to leave early

duckman

hogfanfromlr

If he's concerned about academics, did he originally enroll in the "Honors College" program?

The UA Honors College serves all undergraduate majors. Honors students enjoy small classes, priority registration, special housing, increased interaction with faculty, and enhanced opportunities for hands-on research. Within the College, the Scholarship Office and the Office of Post-Graduate Fellowships provide additional services.

Promising high school seniors are assisted with their applications for the many available Sturgis, Bodenhamer, Boyer, and UA Honors College fellowships as well as Chancellor's and University scholarships.

Once enrolled, honors scholars are assisted in applying for the nation's most prestigious post-graduate fellowships. In recent years UA honors scholars have compiled an enviable record in these competitions.

Honors College students are a diverse group with widely varying interests, but they share an intellectual curiosity and energy that invariably leads to success.

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

werehog

Hawaii or Arkansas State. Actually Memphis State wouldn't be a bad fit. UTEP might work. Fresno State could work. Maybe a Big East school.

LunaticRed

Damn everyone forgot ITT Tech they are really coming on now

Cerdita

hawgabilly

Quote from: hogjuggs on December 15, 2006, 02:58:33 pm
UCA >:(

I don't think so, but it would be nice.  Our all-star 6-6 218lb, reciever Aaron Fairooz, will be graduating and UCA loves to pass, so he might get 60 touches.

Look for Fairooz, in the Magnolia Gridiron Classic December 23 in Jackson,MSand the North-South All-Star Classic January 13 in Houston, TX.  This guy should be playing on Sundays.

porknbeans

I think he only has to sit out one year if he gets a signed release from Arkansas - which HDN has agreed to do.

Best example I can think of is Gary Ervin, who was given a release by Mississippi State, sat out one year, and is now starting for Stan Heath's Hogs
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

HamminItUp

That's pretty ridiculous if that factored in. He was a business student going to a top 25 nationally ranked business school. I don't think that weighed in at all even if he says it did.

Dont get Caseyd

I would like to know where you found that UofA's college of business is in the top 25. Truth be known UofA is #56. As a business man I hear people claim the UofA is one of the nations best business schools but outside of logistics (JB Hunt, Wal-Mart, and Tyson delivery systems) it is middle of the pack. Source is http://bwnt.businessweek.com/bschools/undergraduate/06rankings/

Do I believe Damian's more concerned with academics than football?? absolutely not!! If that were the case he would go to MIT, Pennsylvania, Notre Dame, NYU or Virginia. My thoughts are that he ends up at UNC with Butch Davis and oddly enough their business program is ranked # 11 so he can then stick with the academics card
I\'ll hang up and listen

Dont get Caseyd

Obviously you don't "pork chop". I don't want to get off topic of football, but if there is a huge difference in being ranked in the top 10 in football and not being ranked at all, then there is a huge difference to someone concerned about academics between being ranked in the top 10 or 50. I just want level comparissons.

I\'ll hang up and listen

Golfer

since he was given an unconditional release he can go to any SEC school and only have to sit out one year before being eligible.

hog_fan

Quote from: HuckleberryHog on December 18, 2006, 05:25:30 pm
Rehab University  isnt that where all QUITTERS go;)

He is not a quitter. He choose to move on. That is his right. He doesn't live his life through your approval or the fans approval so stop acting like he is supposed to get fan approval before he does something. It is his life not yours. Did you talk bad about Alex, Cedric, Winston, Nutt, and many others for moving on where they would be in a better situation. His goal is the NFL and he feels he can acheive that goal elsewhere.

Hogwild01

Quote from: HuckleberryHog on December 18, 2006, 05:25:30 pm
Rehab University  isnt that where all QUITTERS go;)

Idiotic post. You need to realize he is doing what he believes is best for himself. You can't fault a person for doing that.

Rzrbckr

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on December 15, 2006, 09:18:58 am
DW is a great talent and will do well wherever he goes. Kinda' strange that many of the people that were glad to see him come to Arkansas, are kicking him as he leaves.

I believe he is doing what is best for him, and you can't blame him one bit. I doubt many top WR have enjoyed playing for Nutt. He's not a good HC and certainly is not a top WR coach. Period.

he has several options to choose from, and I'm sure he'll get many offers in the next several days.

Good post

Hawg in the Bluff

BigArkyintheRock

I think Notre Dame is a real possibility.

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

Hawgz4Life

Who cares? I really don't believe his heart was in Fayetteville, anyway. So....au revior, Mr. Williams.