Hogville

RB Sports Discussion => SEC Sports => Topic started by: swinesation on September 27, 2017, 11:49:21 am

Title: Coaches believe scandal will level the playing field
Post by: swinesation on September 27, 2017, 11:49:21 am
I was already thinking this. Just heard Fran Fraschilla on ESPN say that he has spoken with several NCAA head basketball coaches and they are glad about what's happening because "the playing field will level just a little bit." Fraschila says that he estimates 70% of coaches in power conferences are trying to do things the right way, but those coaches deal with the frustration of losing recruits to and struggling to compete with the other 30%.

I agree. Glad this is happening. Glad our coach (I believe) falls under the 70% trying to do the right things.
Title: Re: Coaches believe scandal will level the playing field
Post by: Pig Worshipper on September 27, 2017, 05:35:15 pm

The important part of that quote is, "a little bit". Enough to get us to the Sweet Sixteen and beyond? I doubt it but one can hope.
Title: Re: Coaches believe scandal will level the playing field
Post by: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 27, 2017, 05:37:50 pm
We darn near made the sweet 16 last year against the blue blooded national champion. The officials stepped in and made sure that didn't happen.

What we need to do is win enough games to avoid that type of seed.  I don't think that'll be an issue this year with what we have coming back.
Title: Re: Coaches believe scandal will level the playing field
Post by: ErieHog on September 27, 2017, 05:51:57 pm
We darn near made the sweet 16 last year against the blue blooded national champion. The officials stepped in and made sure that didn't happen.

What we need to do is win enough games to avoid that type of seed.  I don't think that'll be an issue this year with what we have coming back.

We are likely to win fewer games this year, even if the team is better.   Largely because of programs doing the things that Auburn and Louisville are being busted for doing.


Title: Re: Coaches believe scandal will level the playing field
Post by: Mick Hogger on September 27, 2017, 09:45:46 pm
If these schools get nailed they're likely to be drags on our RPI and conference for years. 

SEC is the new SWC.
Title: Re: Coaches believe scandal will level the playing field
Post by: zsanfusa on September 27, 2017, 11:17:52 pm
The most important Fraschilla said I heard on NPR this morning.  He said, for every dirty coach, a clean coach loses his job because of cheating, because they can't compete.  Good guys now stand a chance.
Title: Re: Coaches believe scandal will level the playing field
Post by: theFlyingHog on September 28, 2017, 06:49:22 am
The most important Fraschilla said I heard on NPR this morning.  He said, for every dirty coach, a clean coach loses his job because of cheating, because they can't compete.  Good guys now stand a chance.
Didn't think about that. Maybe now at least some of those coaches doin it the right way will get a little latitude. I'm sure Jeff Long is smiling every morning, reading the news on all this.
Title: Re: Coaches believe scandal will level the playing field
Post by: Letsroll1200 on September 28, 2017, 09:38:06 am
As long as this is a billion dollar industry there will be some corruption. Nobody is clean.
Title: Re: Coaches believe scandal will level the playing field
Post by: Kevin on September 28, 2017, 09:52:54 am
The most important Fraschilla said I heard on NPR this morning.  He said, for every dirty coach, a clean coach loses his job because of cheating, because they can't compete.  Good guys now stand a chance.

he should know, he broke a rule or two in his career