Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE REAL REASON WHY HILLIS SLIPPED TO THE 7TH ROUND

Started by Swino, April 30, 2008, 06:42:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swino

This is from an NFL scout who requests not to be named.

Nutt had nothing but good things to say about Jones and McFadden, but without being asked about Hillis, Nutt told them to that they wanted no part of Peyton Hillis b/c he was a "cancer" in the locker room, and that they had to sweep several of his off the field incedents under the rug.

Nutt is the sorriest of sorriest SOB.  I'm sure this was Nutt's way of getting back at Hillis for speaking the truth during interviews.  This is why he continues to be mentioned on message boards and in coffee rooms. 

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Swino on April 30, 2008, 06:42:47 pm

Nutt had nothing but good things to say about Jones and McFadden, but without being asked about Hillis, Nutt told them to that they wanted no part of Peyton Hillis b/c he was a "cancer" in the locker room, and that they had to sweep several of his off the field incedents under the rug.

Nutt is the sorriest of sorriest SOB.  I'm sure this was Nutt's way of getting back at Hillis for speaking the truth during interviews.  This is why he continues to be mentioned on message boards and in coffee rooms. 

Nutt and the boys did the same thing to Parker and Tubbs.  Said they were lazy fat slobs.  When Parker went to Miami, he learned he had not been taught to pass block.  Nutt would throw you under a bus if he thought you weren't on his wagon.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

eddyhog

Check the stats from the LSU game. Hillis had 154 all purpose yards and 4 touchdowns. He helped Nutt win one of his biggest games ever. WOW.

Swino

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 30, 2008, 06:51:40 pm
Nutt and the boys did the same thing to Parker and Tubbs.  Said they were lazy fat slobs.  When Parker went to Miami, he learned he had not been taught to pass block.  Nutt would throw you under a bus if he thought you weren't on his wagon.

Add Lee Zimba, Kodi Burns, Mitch Mustain and I wonder how many others have had their names ruined because of Nutt??  He makes me sick.

hogforever3

I read about this the other day on RT.com from one of their administrators.

Nutt is a sorry POS.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Some friends of mine asked the other day why Peyton had dropped so low in spite of his obvious natural ability.  I said at the time it wouldn't surprise me if Nutt bad mouthed him because Peyton usually spoke his mind when asked about things by reporters.  I never thought Peyton was malicious or overly emotional with his statements.  I always just thought he matter of factly gave his opinion.  I also thought he was a fierce competitor that just wanted to win.

This is not surprising in the least.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

josh_sec33

This just makes me mad....

More than I already was.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

eddyhog

I always liked Hillis' take on things. Like the time the Democrat did a story on him possibly moving to linebacker. The writer asked why he would do that and Hillis said the defensive coaches demanded more from their players. All of us fans knew it but Hillis said it just like somebody would say the sky is blue. I don't think he looked at it as criticizing Nutt. Just telling it like it was.

SpareRib

Quote from: Swino on April 30, 2008, 06:42:47 pm

I've always believed Nutt was afraid of anyone he couldn't control (anyone who could read him), but to dump on a kid's future in this way is despicable.

Nutt doesn't have the security blanket at Ole Miss he had at Arkansas, so I'm taking bets that they will identify the "cancer in the locker room" and deal with it much sooner than Arkansas did.

Pathetic, just pathetic.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

AnthroHog

I'm not at all surprised.  Nutt lied about Michael Coe and his numbers, so when Peyton slid further than I thought he would I figured he did this.  Nutt is a petty and vindictive person who will get stomped on October 25th.

At least Peyton ended up at a team that can truly utilize him.  I'm extremely excited to watch the Broncos - Raiders Monday Night game in the first week of the season on September 8th.  Peyton always gave his honest opinion of the pee-wee style of offense that Nutt ran.  Wasn't Hillis put off limits to the media a few times during his career up here? 

Scott E.

Makes perfect sense... it's no secret Peyton's the kind of guy who calls it like he sees it.  That's a helluva big threat for Nutt since Peyton could blow the whistle on what took place here.  In a preemptive strike, Nutt tells scouts Peyton is a cancer so that anything Peyton would say appears to affirm Nutt's statement.  What a piece of garbage.  He will destroy anyone who poses a threat to his fragile ego and thin veil of bs.  I will dance a jig the day karma catches up with the POS.

jkcrunch

Quote from: Swino on April 30, 2008, 07:03:35 pm
Add Lee Zimba, Kodi Burns, Mitch Mustain and I wonder how many others have had their names ruined because of Nutt??  He makes me sick.

Explain Lee and Kodi have D1 schollies at a respectable program and very bright futures.   And what ever Nutt told Carroll about Mitch he obivously did not listen because gave him a schollie and a chance to compete or do you believe that Nutt and Carroll were in cahoots to make sure Mitch rides the pine thru college.

Sao Ming

Wrong Board Swino.  We should've expected this from him.  Ole Miss should be warned about him.

My vote is to post this on their boards.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: jkcrunch on April 30, 2008, 07:30:36 pm
Explain Lee and Kodi have D1 schollies at a respectable program and very bright futures.   And what ever Nutt told Carroll about Mitch he obivously did not listen because gave him a schollie and a chance to compete or do you believe that Nutt and Carroll were in cahoots to make sure Mitch rides the pine thru college.

I bet Carroll didn't even talk to the spare, Nutt.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

El Puerco

bc16

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 30, 2008, 07:38:20 pm
Carroll is smarter than your average run over duck.  I think a lot of the college coaches around the nation already have Nutt figured out....he is a running joke among many coaches.

Doug

Nutt Sacks Huggers, this is YOUR FREAKING HERO that is pulling this dispicable action.

Hillis, Tubbs, Mustain, Parker and others got a f'd up raw deal.

Now go take your fat sorry asses down to Ole Piss and worship your pathetic hero down there.

See you asshats on October 25th, 2008.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Richard_white

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 30, 2008, 07:38:20 pm

Why would he?  Carroll's football knowledge would drop 50% after talking to him..

hog_fan

Quote from: Sao Ming on April 30, 2008, 07:34:30 pm
Wrong Board Swino.  We should've expected this from him.  Ole Miss should be warned about him.

They will ban you and will call it BS.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  MOTHO's time is coming!  When, not if, he fails at Piss, and he's been run off from there, and he'll be lucky to get a job coaching 8th grade football.

The news given to us on this thread is all the reason ANYONE needs to know what MOTHO is all about....himself.  He had me fooled until 2006.  Anybody who still supports this guy sucks.  Huggers need to come to their senses and see him for what he is.

If this news is true, that makes MOTHO the worst kind of person.  Someone who would attempt to destroy another person's career because he said what he thought was the truth to the media is sick.  Hillis never said anything that bad, but it hurt poor Nutty's feelings.  And instead of being a man and just moving on, he tries to prevent this guy from earning a living.  I tell you what, you screw with my source of income and I'll gut you if I get the chance. 

We need a new name for him.  MOTHO and TCTWF isn't demeanig enough.  How about TPEFAMWCWACI10Y.  The Poor Excuse For A Man Who Couldn't Win A Championship In 10 Years.  I know it's long, but I'm really mad right now.  Maybe we should just call him Oxygen Thief.  He's stealing perfectly good O2 from all of us.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Bigfoot

The Broncos got a steal!! I'm very pleased that Peyton went to Denver. I'm a Cowboy / Bronco fan! You can bet Mike Shanahan was'nt about to listen to Nutt's bullsh!t. Peyton would'nt kiss Nutt's a$$ and Nutt didnt like it one bit. Throwing Peyton under the bus like he apparently did is freakin ridiculous! I was once a Houston Nutt fan. I jumped off that wagon about 7 or 8 months ago. When I found out certain things that he did and how he treated certain players it turned my stomach. I'm glad as hell he is no longer our problem!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Peyton will be a star in Denver! Can't wait to see him in that Bronco uniform! I'm one happy Denver fan!  ;D

Scott E.

One has to wonder how high Hillis might have gone if not sabotaged.  There's a big monetary difference with each round in the draft.  I wonder what Nutt cost Hillis -- beyond just a damaged reputation.

DezNuttstehsuq

Quote from: Sao Ming on April 30, 2008, 07:34:30 pm

If you dont I will

Sao Ming

Quote from: KEYS on April 30, 2008, 08:15:59 pm
One has to wonder how high Hillis might have gone if not sabotaged.  There's a big monetary difference with each round in the draft.  I wonder what Nutt cost Hillis -- beyond just a damaged reputation.

A ton.  One day we will be able to check Hester's and Schmidt's contracts.  Everyone had Hillis rated higher than Owen and many higher than Hester.

hog_fan

Sue the sorry SOB. the truth could be exposed and he would never coach again.

Porkatarian

Swino's info is 100% accurate.  I've been able to verify with 2 different sources.

BTW, this isn't the first time that Hootie has pulled this stunt.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Hogs-n-Roses

This is what is wrong with the world. When I was a kid some one would have walked up to Nutt at the mall,wal mart, beauty salon, where ever and went red neck on him. Kicked his butt real good then moved on. If he did it again, he would get the same treatment. Where have all the red necks gone? People like him get away with this kind of crap cause laws and society allow it and accept it. The rednecks need to bring accountability back.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 30, 2008, 08:47:11 pm
This is what is wrong with the world. When I was a kid some one would have walked up to Nutt at the mall,wal mart, beauty salon, where ever and went red neck on him. Kicked his butt real good then moved on. If he did it again, he would get the same treatment. Where have all the red necks gone? People like him get away with this kind of crap cause laws and society allow it and accept it. The rednecks need to bring accountability back.

One redneck on board for the Accountability Bring-Back of 2008.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Flatfoot

I wish one day I could see Nutt in public and tell him to his face what a sorry POS he really is and tell his posse wife how wonderful she is too. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

h0gfan6

And to think people still support this POS.  This makes me sick.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 30, 2008, 08:47:11 pm
This is what is wrong with the world. When I was a kid some one would have walked up to Nutt at the mall,wal mart, beauty salon, where ever and went red neck on him. Kicked his butt real good then moved on. If he did it again, he would get the same treatment. Where have all the red necks gone?

If you speak the truth...they're probably in jail

h0gfan6

By the way, whichever Ole Miss board this is posted on, tell us here.  I want to see what the Hootie Toodies say about it.

El Puerco

Nutt is a narcissist.  Anybody that he feels has injured him, he will go well out of his way to screw them in the future.

BradyHolzhauer

That ticks me off so much.  I'm just flat out ANGRY right now after reading that.  Stupid piece of white trash!

Theolesnort

Many of us on here know more than what we wish to know. It is stuff like this that makes many of us jump all over a hugger that tries to praise or justify Nutt's 10 years here. Even if Nutt might have done a decent thing or two while he was here it still makes it hard to understand why some still revere him knowing what we know. Sure was nice of him to turn on Hillis like he did when Hillis helped bail the season out in the LSU game and helped make Nutt viable for other jobs but then that is the kind of gratitude a narcistic personality might show.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Sao Ming

Quote from: Flatfoot on April 30, 2008, 08:56:46 pm
I wish one day I could see Nutt in public and tell him to his face what a sorry POS he really is and tell his posse wife how wonderful she is too. 

PRJ style!

IronMountainHog

Does this really suprise anyone?He will throw anyone under the bus for his own gain. Last week he was on the Mike Tirico show and was asked about DMAC's character. He said that DMAC needed to avoid some of the people he had befriended in the past. Need to keep family first and all others he needed to avoid. Nutt could have used the same theory and ditched White Whale Pruitt when the MM email came to light. Pot meet Kettle. Thank goodness TP worked with poor Danny so he can now shave himself.

WilsonHog

April 30, 2008, 09:40:16 pm #37 Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:44:02 pm by WilsonHog
I try to be nice, I really do.

Peyton Hillis busted his tail at the University of Arkansas for four years. Remember when he was a freshman and basically played with a vertebrae problem? Tough as nails. Did whatever was asked of him.

And that's how Houston Nutt repays him? Takes money out of the kid's pocket.

Hillis has a few things Houston Nutt will never have. Class and integrity come immediately to mind. Mental toughness does too.

He also actually has a ring from the University of Arkansas unlike Nutt, who ran off to Oklahoma State in the middle of the night without having the balls to face Lou Holtz like a man.

I don't know what I will enjoy more - the heights to which Bobby Petrino is going to take us or the depths to which Houston Nutt is about to fall. I will revel in his misery daily as if I'd just won the freakin' lottery.   

hog_fan

Quote from: IronMountainHog on April 30, 2008, 09:38:25 pm
Does this really suprise anyone?He will throw anyone under the bus for his own gain. Last week he was on the Mike Tirico show and was asked about DMAC's character. He said that DMAC needed to avoid some of the people he had befriended in the past. Need to keep family first and all others he needed to avoid. Nutt could have used the same theory and ditched White Whale Pruitt when the MM email came to light. Pot meet Kettle. Thank goodness TP worked with poor Danny so he can now shave himself.

Um, doesn't the dork know his family was the one he got in trouble with? Right or wrong he was with his family.

hugehogfan

This is EXACTLY why I only have one date circled on my 2008-09 football schedule.  Not Texas...or LSU...teams I have hated for a lifetime...but Ole Miss, and only Ole Miss.  I want that "W" more than anything else all season long.  And, I hope players like Hillis and Mustain enjoy watching the destruction!

IronMountainHog

True
Quote from: hog_fan on April 30, 2008, 09:43:29 pm
Um, doesn't the dork know his family was the one he got in trouble with? Right or wrong he was with his family.

Smokehouse

This is sickening.

He may have also bad mouthed Penix, which explains why he wasn't drafted at all!

But seriously. I can't wait for us to make Ole Miss our little b**** in the following years. The D-coordinators will get a nice week off.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Theolesnort

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 30, 2008, 09:40:16 pm
I try to be nice, I really do.

Peyton Hillis busted his tail at the University of Arkansas for four years. Remember when he was a freshman and basically played with a vertebrae problem? Tough as nails. Did whatever was asked of him.

And that's how Houston Nutt repays him? Takes money out of the kid's pocket.

Hillis has a few things Houston Nutt will never have. Class and integrity come immediately to mind. Mental toughness does too.

He also actually has a ring from the University of Arkansas unlike Nutt, who ran off to Oklahoma State in the middle of the night without having the balls to face Lou Holtz like a man.

I don't know what I will enjoy more - the heights to which Bobby Petrino is going to take us or the depths to which Houston Nutt is about to fall. I will revel in his misery daily as if I'd just won the freakin' lottery.   
You mentioned class and integrity but what about truthfulness? Ask Peyton a question and guess what comes out of his mouth? Truth and candor. Sometimes he got himself in trouble with his honesty but that is just who he is, a good person in that aspect.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

cmakrzrbak

"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

judgeroyswine

Regardless of the totality of truth in this report (and by that, I don't mean to say it isn't true), this shows why the Hogs underachieved when greatness was in its grasp.  Too much crap going on in the locker room and the coaches boxes.

Thanks Hoot.  What an unbelieveable goober.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

FBPLAYER65

April 30, 2008, 10:21:12 pm #45 Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:24:45 pm by FBPLAYER65
m

mword

Quote from: El Puerco on April 30, 2008, 07:40:19 pm
I can't wait for the Ole Miss game.

I can't wait either. It's just too bad the players Nutt talked about can't get revenge.

DezNuttstehsuq

Quote from: h0gfan6 on April 30, 2008, 09:22:19 pm
By the way, whichever Ole Miss board this is posted on, tell us here.  I want to see what the Hootie Toodies say about it.

http://olemiss.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=1036&fid=943

hogsanity

So, we are supposed to believe that Hillis tested well, did well on any evaluations the teams did, the teams looked at 4 years of film in which Hillis did EVERYTHING except sell popcorn, he blocked, he caught, he ran, he returned, he blew up linebackers, he picked up blitzes, he gave max effort.  After all of that, all 32 teams said, "Well, forget all the research we did, Nutt says he sucks".  If thats the case, what is the point of having scouts, doing research, watching film, etc on any potential draftees, just pick up the phone and call their former coach.

NOTICE, I am not saying Nutt did not make the comments attributed to him, I just cant believe all 32 NFL teams would just chuck all the work they do researching these guys based on those comments.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Scott E.

Quote from: DezNuttstehsuq on April 30, 2008, 10:54:28 pm
http://olemiss.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=1036&fid=943

Reading the replies, it appears there are a whole bunch of used cars purchased recently in Oxford.  Hook, line, and sinker.