Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Frazier just committed to Bama

Started by JBoroHog, November 23, 2013, 07:10:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WorfHog

I hope our O-line in knocking him on his ass in a couple of years.  :puke:

kchogfan14

The tweet from Frazier so soon after the heartbreaking loss to MSU is not a good example of class, IMO. He should have waited until Monday or Tuesday to do it.

I understand that kids make choices that we don't always like, but tweeting so soon just rubs salt in our fresh wounds.

Personally, I hope he does well. Personally I also hope he doesn't see a down of playing time until his Junior year. He turned his back on the Razorback family.

chiefsfan001

I have watched him play every game since his 8th grade year.  He is LAZY !!!  Not a big loss in my opinion. I do not believe he will make it under Saban. Josh does not have the discipline needed. Reminder: this is the kid that does not show up for practice on Labor day... because he just don't work that day !!!!   

Pancetta

If he wants to get to the NFL what he needs to do is get his work ethic in gear since he is a 334 6'3" senior with a 325 lb bench and a 2.9 GPA.  They don't give out NFL contracts to unmotivated guys unless they are freakish athletes and while being a 334 lb human that runs 5.1 40 is freakish to me, to the NFL he's one of 200 guys trying to get a job. 
A guy like this would be well served to stay at Arkansas where even if he isn't a stellar student or athlete he still can get a job well above his abilities or qualifications after graduation here in the state. 
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

elksnort

Quote from: Pancetta on November 24, 2013, 01:39:09 pm
If he wants to get to the NFL what he needs to do is get his work ethic in gear since he is a 334 6'3" senior with a 325 lb bench and a 2.9 GPA.  They don't give out NFL contracts to unmotivated guys unless they are freakish athletes and while being a 334 lb human that runs 5.1 40 is freakish to me, to the NFL he's one of 200 guys trying to get a job. 
A guy like this would be well served to stay at Arkansas where even if he isn't a stellar student or athlete he still can get a job well above his abilities or qualifications after graduation here in the state. 
Very good post. Especially the last sentence. 

majestic

Does he really bench just 325? That is seriously weak. I'm an old dude and can still bench more than my weight.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

hogcard1964

Was he ever actually leaning toward the Hogs?   I heard Bama, Ark and Auburn...in that order.

Cardinal Browne

Did anyone else find it interesting that right after Josh Frazier announces he is going to Alabama for the $upport that their coaches could provide, that Alabama fires their strength and conditioning  coach for providing "impermissible benefits"... to ironically, Josh's newest bff Ha-Ha Clinton Dix?

Cardinal Browne

Did anyone else find it interesting that right after Josh Frazier announces he is going to Alabama for the $upport that their coaches could provide, that Alabama fires their strength and conditioning  coach for providing "impermissible benefits"... to ironically, Josh's newest bff Ha-Ha Clinton Dix?

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 24, 2013, 01:53:49 pm
Was he ever actually leaning toward the Hogs?   I heard Bama, Ark and Auburn...in that order.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Cardinal Browne on November 24, 2013, 03:22:28 pm

Enter Hogcard in 3, 2, 1.....to defend Bama for ever being accused of cheating, and sour grapes on your part.  Never mind "suit gate" or this latest "loaning" of money.   ::)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hogcard1964

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 24, 2013, 03:28:10 pm
Enter Hogcard in 3, 2, 1.....to defend Bama for ever being accused of cheating, and sour grapes on your part.  Never mind "suit gate" or this latest "loaning" of money.   ::)

Why would I defend Bama?

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Pancetta on November 24, 2013, 01:39:09 pm

Good quote.  This is what so many of these kids don't understand.  They are severing their ties to good jobs after college.  What if he blows a knee at Alabama?  He loses out on that cushy job from an Arkansas company in return for the glory he brought the Hogs, knee injury and all! 

Capt. Hamm

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 23, 2013, 07:13:01 pm
@HImagazine: RT @JoshuaFrazier99: "Ok Arkansas I'm sorry but I've decided Alabama. I hope u will still support me when I go rep Arkansas in Alabama."
Can you blame him after what we saw yesterday? Fake punt! Really?

linkshog

Posters on here are pathetic. You can't be happy for a kid that has a chance to get a college education while playing football just because he doesn't go where you want. I still support Altee and want him to do well because he's an NLR Alum, like myself. I really wish he would play for the Hogs as well but I'm not gonna act like a 5 year old about it.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

razorbacksnum1

Josh F. showed low class committing last night. The timing was poor and clearly done in an effort to shame the Razorbacks. Tenpenny committed to AL but did not disrespect the state of Arkansas and its fans...I don't feel the same about Frazier. He's entitled to make his choice but how you make that choice says everything about you as a person and man.

Marshfieldhog

I thought committing after a tough loss was low class as well.

HighTide999

Quote from: Titanis on November 24, 2013, 10:11:08 am
I hope our O-line in knocking him on his ass in a couple of years.  :puke:

Highly unlikely - totally laughable post though.  LOL
RTR

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

SouthSide Johnny

Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

BPsTheMan

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on November 24, 2013, 04:11:51 pm
Josh F. showed low class committing last night. The timing was poor and clearly done in an effort to shame the Razorbacks. .

horse darn

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

spiritof92

Remember when that WR we thought was coming to the Hill went to Missouri and a number of people got really down about it?

HogCard

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 24, 2013, 03:28:10 pm

I would politely ask you do not misuse my handle like this.  Maybe a meeting at Alma Sonic is in order.  You obviously meant one of the several Hogcard guys with name extensions that came after the original.

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 23, 2013, 08:24:03 pm
Another questionable decision by an Arkansas prepster.  You could possibly be starting next year in an up an coming program, but you choose the top program in the nation to go "redshirt/possibly grey shirt/sit the bench. 

Why would we "pull for you at Bama?"  You just "dissed" your home State?  Good luck to you.  You and Tenpenny enjoy your conversations on the sideline for at least the next two years.

not questionable at all. smart move on his part. and you are delusional if you think this program is up and coming.

tbailey

Quote from: chiefsfan001 on November 24, 2013, 12:03:53 pm
I have watched him play every game since his 8th grade year.  He is LAZY !!!  Not a big loss in my opinion. I do not believe he will make it under Saban. Josh does not have the discipline needed. Reminder: this is the kid that does not show up for practice on Labor day... because he just don't work that day !!!!   
BINGO!!!!

Another questionable decision by an Arkansas prepster.  You could possibly be starting next year in an up an coming program, but you choose the top program in the nation to go "redshirt/possibly grey shirt/sit the bench. 

Why would we "pull for you at Bama?"  You just "dissed" your home State?  Good luck to you.  You and Tenpenny enjoy your conversations on the sideline for at least the next two years.

not questionable at all. smart move on his part. and you are delusional if you think this program is up and coming.

Hogman2

Quote from: linkshog on November 24, 2013, 03:41:56 pm
Posters on here are pathetic. You can't be happy for a kid that has a chance to get a college education while playing football just because he doesn't go where you want. I still support Altee and want him to do well because he's an NLR Alum, like myself. I really wish he would play for the Hogs as well but I'm not gonna act like a 5 year old about it.
You MUST be a bama fan! TRUE ARKANSAS FANS  do NOT WISH BAMA WELL IN ANY ENDEAVOR!

olivebranchhog

I really don't know how anyone thought this kid would go to UA. I took him off the board last month. Bama gets who they want..no matter where they're from.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

Pig In The City

Quote from: Hogman2 on November 24, 2013, 06:10:13 pm
You MUST be a bama fan! TRUE ARKANSAS FANS  do NOT WISH BAMA WELL IN ANY ENDEAVOR!

I am as true a Hog fan as you will ever find, but I look at Bama and have respect for what they have accomplished there.  It wasn't handed to Saban on a silver platter.  It is the epitome of what every other program should aspire to be...STABLE.  Saban is a methodical SOB, and I can respect a job well done.  We are just stomping out fires here on the Hill.  We have been ever since HDN.  When we get tired of that, we can move forward.

hogcard1964

Quote from: kchogfan14 on November 24, 2013, 11:05:06 am
The tweet from Frazier so soon after the heartbreaking loss to MSU is not a good example of class, IMO. He should have waited until Monday or Tuesday to do it.

I understand that kids make choices that we don't always like, but tweeting so soon just rubs salt in our fresh wounds.

Personally, I hope he does well. Personally I also hope he doesn't see a down of playing time until his Junior year. He turned his back on the Razorback family.

I guarantee the Miss. St. fiasco was the final straw for him.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: Dillon23 on November 23, 2013, 07:17:49 pm
Yeah, I'm very upset with this loss and the Frazier loss.  This is the worst season I have ever seen....didn't think that was possible after last year and Ford's last year, but BB has surpassed my worst expectations. I think I'm the most upset that on three occasions we have passed on Gus for the likes of Nutt, Petrino(I understand this one, but it still killed our program), and BB.  If this was baseball, what would we have to give up in order to work a trade for Gus? Ask yourself that.
I wouldnt trade cbb's used toilet paper for the clown gus

Texman

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on November 24, 2013, 04:11:51 pm
Josh F. showed low class committing last night. The timing was poor and clearly done in an effort to shame the Razorbacks. Tenpenny committed to AL but did not disrespect the state of Arkansas and its fans…I don't feel the same about Frazier. He's entitled to make his choice but how you make that choice says everything about you as a person and man.

He's a kid and really doesn't care if he hurts anyone's feelings or not... he just indicated he is going to Bama.. nothing more/nothing less.  You all are overthinking too much.

Texman

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 23, 2013, 08:57:55 pm
It is clearly possible to have a damn fine football team and be in the middle of the pack in the SEC.

What are  you if you don't win any SEC games?  In the wrong conference?

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 24, 2013, 06:55:13 pm
I guarantee the Miss. St. fiasco was the final straw for him.
The coaches knew last week, sorry, try again.

PORKULATOR

It maybe wrong, but I don't care. When a kid has a chance to play for this state and doesnt, I'm like,"don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya".  After that, I only root against them.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Wildhog

Definitely a kick in the nuts while we're down. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

dynastyhog

Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

Dr. Starcs

Who are you if you go winless in the sec?

Auburn 2012

chiefsfan001

Several games this year when the team runs out on the field 99% of the kids run to the student section and call it up with the students... Not Josh.. He runs over to the side line and ignores the students.  This is not the kid I would want on my team especially at the next level.  Let him go..... Not worth the hype !!

kchogfan14

Quote from: linkshog on November 24, 2013, 03:41:56 pm

Altee who? Did he get carries this year? He will be at Bama for 4 years, but his career will be for 40 years somewhere. I bet it won't be in Arkansas. Good luck to him but he will always be driving or flying in to Arkansas for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Arazorbackguy1

Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: This little pig fan on November 24, 2013, 03:41:15 pm
Can you blame him after what we saw yesterday? Fake punt! Really?
Honestly I cant blame him for choosing the absolute best program in the country over us at this time.  Put any of yourselves in his position. You have the best coach of the best program saying "come play for us."  They are going for 3 straight NCs. 

Arkansas, lets face reality, is looking at a 3 year rebuilding project.  I certainly understand his choice.  Its hurts because we need guys like him to rebuild Ark football.

I don't like him asking for folks to "support" him as he goes to play for the enemy.  He could simply say he feels its best for him to go to Alabama and leave it at that. He is wanting Arkansas fans to understand why he is leaving and support him in the future.  Nope, you give that up the "support" part when you leave. 

He and Tenpenny will be on the team playing for national championships in the next couple years, and Ark will be rebuilding, so it may seem that in the short term, they "showed us."  But down the line, the kids like a Peavy who come to Ark to be part of something special being built will be remembered and treasured in the long run.

SamBuckhart

Hate to see this. Good luck to this young man. Will pull for him except Ark vs Ala.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

OTTER

Quote from: SamBuckheart on November 29, 2013, 08:23:41 am
Hate to see this. Good luck to this young man. Will pull for him except Ark vs Ala.
You sir, are a better man than I.  Once an Arkansas kid leaves for another SEC school, he ceases to be worthy of my support, period.  He becomes the enemy.  I'm glad you can take the higher road.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

spurrr

cade321

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 24, 2013, 04:13:50 pm
I thought committing after a tough loss was low class as well.

Have we given him much opportunity to commit to Alabama *not* after a tough Arkansas loss?

searkhogfan

Quote from: OTTER on November 29, 2013, 08:44:02 am
You sir, are a better man than I.  Once an Arkansas kid leaves for another SEC school, he ceases to be worthy of my support, period.  He becomes the enemy.  I'm glad you can take the higher road.

Ditto.  He can leave & never come back. Hope he fails in every effort. 

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: cade321 on November 29, 2013, 11:36:19 am
Have we given him much opportunity to commit to Alabama *not* after a tough Arkansas loss?

Yes, there are 6 other days every week and a ton more in the off-season.